♡ painter next door || park jeongwoo

PAINTER NEXT DOOR 

Across the hall, you saw the guy who kept asking you out multiple times, Donghyun, talking with another girl.

Finally, he found someone else. You thought, feeling happy for the boy. You inspected the girl and saw that she was at least older than him by a year or two.

Donghyun smiled at you and bowed, making you smile and bow back as well. You two came to good terms and became somewhat good friends after all that happened.

You thought about all the times he asked you out, all in many ways. The reason you said no was that you already had a wonderful guy in your life, Park Jeongwoo. He didn't believe you at first, but after a few pictures, he agreed to stay away.

You sighed just thinking about it as you made through the hall. Jeongwoo had a day off from his university and wanted to come pick you up, but you didn't want him to go through all the trouble.

You were pulled out of your thoughts when someone grabbed you by your arm and pulled you into the sixth wing in your school.

"You had some guts rejecting my brother every single time he asked you out, don't ya, Y/N?" You looked up to see the girl who stood next to Donghyun as she pushed to the ground.

Oh, my God. She is Donghyun's sister.

"My brother is a nice guy and seems to dream about having a future with you. Why didn't you accept him?" She asked, kicking you in the stomach with each word.

You whine in pain and try to slide away from her, but she steps on your hand, causing you to scream.

Where are the teachers when you need them?

"Because I am with someone." You try saying in a firm tone, but it came out as a whine with all the pain you were going through.

"Don't lie, Y/N," Donghyun's noona seethed, opening her mouth to say something when her phone pinged. She took out the phone and read her text before turning back to you. "I'll make this real quick. If my brother can't have you, then no one can." She pulled out a pocketknife from her bag and then dropped her bag on the floor.

"What?! No!" You cried out, giving your all to get up and run away from the lunatic in front of you. "You don't have to do such a thing for a petty issue like that!" You held up a hand and tried to stop the girl in front of you.

She just evilly grinned back in reply. "Oh, but I do. You hurt my brother." You thought she was joking, but then you suddenly remembered something Donghyun said to you.

"Why looking so down, Donghyun? Everything good at home?"

"No, Y/N. My sister had another attack yesterday. She almost pushed our mother down the stairs."

"What kind of attack? Are your sister and mother okay now?"

"Yeah, they're doing better. And didn't I tell you about my sister, Y/N? She has Intermittent Explosive Disorder, kind of like a rage disorder. She just gets violent suddenly, so you should never make her mad. She would most likely kill someone, but the school knows about it, so they take special care of her."

"It's gonna hurt, Y/N," she stated, and she crouched near you. You tried to get up, but the previous bruises slowed you down and soon enough, you were stabbed by the psycho girl.

You let out a scream and tried using your energy to push the girl away, but she only twisted the knife inside you, causing you to scream louder.

WHERE ARE THE GODDAMN PEOPLE IN THIS SCHOOL?!

The girl took the weapon and ran away as you dragged yourself towards your schoolbag to grab your phone. You speed-dialed Jeongwoo's number and within a few seconds; the boy picked up the phone.

"Y/N? Babe? Where are you? You are supposed to be home by now."

"J-Jeongwoo, please h-help. Scho-o-ol, s-sixth wing. Hurry."

You mumbled out the important words and let out a groan as the pressure put on the wound was a lot. You could hear Jeongwoo trying to reach out to you and rushing around in the background, but your throat felt so dry that you could not reply.

Within the next few minutes, you could hear Jeongwoo's voice echoing through the hallway. Gathering up your remaining energy, you called out to him as loud as you could.

"Jeongwoo!"

Soon enough, your boyfriend was at your side, his eyes wide at the scene in front of him. "Let's get you home," he said, and you nodded, agreeing. The hospital is not the place right now. They would ask for a lot of questions, and you didn't want Donghyun's sister to be arrested or taken away.

You were glad that Jeongwoo sensed you wanted whoever harmed you to stay out of trouble. And even though Jeongwoo was to cry bloody murder and beat the person black and blue, he followed your orders.

Jeongwoo cleared up the mess in the sixth wing and joined you in the car as quickly as he could. It wasn't a deep stab or cut, so you didn't have to worry about losing much blood.

You two made it to his house faster than the speed of light since you couldn't go to yours and let your parents see you like this. Jeongwoo carried you carefully and laid you down on the sofa, ignoring your complaints about staining the couch.

He came back with a first-aid kit, ice and some other supplies. He disinfected the wound first and applied a cold compression to the wound to stop the bleeding and to all your bruises to stop the swelling. You could clearly notice the sadness Jeongwoo held while covering your wounds. It hurt you on the inside too.

"Do you know what happened to the painter next door, Jeongwoo-ya?" You asked, trying to lighten up the mood with a joke.

Jeongwoo looked up, stopping the cold compression and waiting for you to go on. You could see the tears in his eyes, waiting to fall down. You could see the sadness of not being able to report what happened to you. You could see the guilt of not being able to protect you properly. You could see the happiness of you still being alive. You smiled lightly before continuing the joke.

"The painter got hospitalized due to too many strokes."

You finished, and that was when Jeongwoo had enough of holding his tears in and started bawling his eyes out.