♡ bad guy || kim doyoung

BAD GUY 

♫ inspired by 1the9 — bad guy

"Yeah, I don't think I can stay today either. I'll make it up to you guys, though!"

Doyoung quickly spoke, packing his things in a hurry before running out the door.

The kids in the dance club looked at the male as he ran out of the room after making some excuse for the umpteenth time that week. They all turned their attention back to themselves, wanting to get a start on their routine for a competition.

"Why does Doyoung keep running out like that? We need his choreography to nail this."

"Y/N ran towards the rooftop again. He saw her run by from the window, that's why he left in a hurry," Hyunsuk explained, having witnessed the scene. "Chanhyuk and Y/N have been fighting a lot recently."

His words were enough explanation as everyone in school seemed to know the issues that went deep when it came to the couple. They were the most talked-about couple, and at first, it was about how compatible they were with each other. The cutest couple in TREASURE High. But after a while, things changed, and the couple fought a lot — but never broke up.

And every time Y/N's heart was broken by Chanhyuk's words, Doyoung was there to fix it. But that didn't stop Y/N from running back to Chanhyuk whenever he gave his half-assed apologies.

***

"What did he do? Why won't you tell me?"

Doyoung's voice was raised as you cried, not wanting to anger him more than he already was. He sighed as you continued keeping quiet, placing his hands in his pant pockets as he nodded.

"Where are you going?" You asked quietly, wiping away your tears as Doyoung turned on his heel to leave. "Doyoung ..."

"You won't tell me what he did. So I'm gonna ask him myself," he stated, and you immediately looked at him, vigorously shaking your head as you wordlessly begged him.

"No, no. Please don't go to Chanhyuk. Don't ask him."

"Then will you tell me?"

Doyoung took a deep breath, doing his best not to unleash his pent-up anger on you as you — once again — shook your head in reply. You didn't want to tell your best friend anything; you had your reasons.

Your best friend, Kim Doyoung, was the goofily charming heartthrob of TREASURE High. And that's the image he had for himself ever since he joined the school. But once your relationship with Chanhyuk hit the rocks, you saw different sides of Kim Doyoung.

The usually cheerful social butterfly was ready to roll up his sleeves and throw up a fight — even though there was a high possibility he would lose.

"Doyoung." You stood, wanting to walk closer to him, but the exhaustion caught up to you, causing you to fall on your knees to the floor. "Please don't make things harder for yourself. Don't do anything to make him angry. Please ... for me." Doyoung frowned as you gripped his hands, scared to let go.

The male shook his head in disbelief. "Leave him, Y/N. I can't stand this anymore." He kneeled next to you, tears burning in his eyes. "I can't watch you get hurt because of him!" He yelled, startling you with his sudden outburst.

I want to hold you in my arms. I want you to be mine.

Doyoung looked at you as the unspoken words resonated in his head, slowly driving him insane. He wrapped his arms around your shoulders, pulling you into a hug as he sighed.

"I'm sorry about that, Y/N. I won't ask him, I promise. Just mad you didn't tell me about this sooner."

"I know, Doyoung. That's why I didn't want to tell you. I appreciate the thought, though."

***

"Doyoung-ah, I just saw Chanhyuk come in. Where's Y/N?"

Jaehyuk informed the younger, watching him as his eyes widened, trying to figure out where you could be amidst the house party you were at.

"Y/N was with Denise and some others near the kitchen. I'll go check," Doyoung offered, thanking Jaehyuk before he squeezed between the dancing crowd, trying to find you quickly. "Oh, Denise!" Doyoung came across your friend, glad to have found her.

But one look at her panicked eyes and Doyoung knew something had gone horribly wrong.

"Chanhyuk came and pulled Y/N away. I tried to stop him, but he pushed me," she blabbered quickly  due to her anxiousness. "I'm sorry, Doyoung. They went in that direction. I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. Just stay here." Doyoung gave a tight smile, slightly patting her head in assurance before he turned around, trying to get to the place Denise pointed. "Tell Hyunsuk to come to the place, okay?"

Even though Doyoung felt like his mind was too cloudy to function, he speedily got past the crowd, running toward the bathrooms, which was where Chanhyuk had taken you.

Once his gaze landed on you, it was over. Doyoung ran around the halls, finally coming across your excuse-of-a-boyfriend cornering you, making you feel immensely uncomfortable.

And all Kim Doyoung saw was red.

Before you could call for help or take an action, Doyoung was already in front of, throwing punch after punch, and you almost felt bad for Chanhyuk. Keyword; almost. You didn't know where your paper-doll best friend got the sudden strength from, but you had never been more grateful.

Doyoung always kept telling you to leave your boyfriend, and you never listened. But after this experience you had with Chanhyuk, it was safe to say you were dumping him on the spot.

Chanhyuk seemed to regain his conscious as he threw a punch, knocking Doyoung right in the face. You took the chance to find someone at the party, not wanting your boyfriend to hurt your best friend anymore. Hyunsuk ran around the corner, and you felt your heart calm down as you saw Jihoon and Jaehyuk come with him.

You watched as the boys pull away Doyoung and Chanhyuk, and out of habit, you reached for your boyfriend's hand, pausing midway as you looked at him. Seeing his reddened cheeks and wounded lips, you felt sorry — but clearly not enough since you held onto Doyoung's hand, walking away from the party with him.

Chanhyuk was Hyunsuk's problem now. And knowing Hyunsuk, the man had a lot of unfinished business with him.

You and Doyoung stood outside the house, with him avoiding your gaze as you only looked at him. Your eyes wandered around his face, your heart aching as you saw the multiple wounds he had all over his face.

All because of you.

"I ... I'm really sorry, Doyoung." Your lips quivered as you apologised, feeling immensely guilty. Your throat felt like it was on fire, and you knew you were close to crying. "This is because of me. You got hurt because of me. I'm sorry."

Doyoung shakily cupped his hands around your face, a smile on his face despite everything that just went down. Leaning closer, he placed a soft kiss on your forehead, pulling away as he looked at you with pure adoration in his eyes.

"I don't care if I get hurt just for you. I can't give you up anymore, Y/N. I'll protect you even if I have to be a bad guy."