♡ my savior || hamada asahi

✩ MY SAVIOR ✩

"How does it feel to be an independent person and not have to ask your friends for a ride anymore?"

Asahi inquired through the phone, proudly smiling even though you couldn't see him.

"Sahi ..." You trailed off, chuckling lightly. "It's almost seven months since I got my license. You can stop saying all that every time I say I'm driving." You smiled to yourself, giddy at how your boyfriend hyped you up as if it was your first time driving every time you mentioned the fact.

"I'm never gonna stop," he retorted, feeling childish. "Now, how long is it going to take you to come here? A movie and cuddles awaits."

"I'm coming! Hang up, you are distracting me." You chuckled, slightly frustrated as the sky was getting darker and it was hazy to see with the heavy mist. "Gosh, it's like someone turned on a fog machine in here."

Asahi let out a breath, taking a seat on his bed as he made himself comfortable. "I'll stay on the line until you come. I won't say anything, you can pretend I'm not there." His words earned a laugh from you, finding his deals impossible. "Be careful and drive safe, my love."

His term of endearment brought the blood to your cheeks, making you bite your lip in an attempt to calm yourself. Like your boyfriend asked, you were as careful as you could get, slowing your speed as you drove through the shortcut lanes to avoid traffic.

Asahi looked up from his book as he heard you quietly sing to yourself, something about the rain. He turned his head to the window in his dorm, straining his ears to hear the pitter patter of the rain get louder as the rainfall increased. Going back to read his book, Asahi held back the urge to tell you to hurry because now that he knew you were coming, he was missing you a lot more.

You were in the same state as Asahi, trying to drive as quickly as you could to the dorms because your dearest boyfriend was waiting for you. But alas, the rain was doing no good. Not to misunderstand, you liked the rain — in fact; you loved it at times — but only when you were in the comfort of your home; the actual home and Asahi's arms.

It was late in the evening, and you relaxed in your seat, trying to enjoy the rain as you sped up your car more on the empty road. Suddenly, within the split-second you took to glance at your phone, a cat jumped to the road, startling you as you quickly hit the brakes to not hit the animal.

A strangled scream escaped your lips, scaring Asahi, who was listening at the other end of the line. Fearing you had hit the kitten, you froze in your seat, shaking as the rain outside fell at a faster rate, making the roads hard to see through your windshield — and your tear-filled eyes weren't doing you good either.

"Y/N? Y/N! What happened?" Asahi was slightly panicked, unable to understand what was going on. "Hey, hey. It's alright, just tell me. What's wrong?" He stood from his place, grabbing his phone as soon as he heard quiet sobs come from you.

"It was too foggy and I couldn't see, and I was so stupid because I wanted to come to the dorms as quickly as I could. And then it started raining, and I still didn't slow down like an idiot," you rambled, stammering terribly as you were scared. "This kitten jumped out of nowhere, and I swear, I hit the brakes, but I didn't see it go anywhere and I'm just so scared. Asahi, I hit a cat. I swear, I didn't mean to, I was just–"

Asahi was already grabbing his coat and putting on his shoes, ready to run to wherever you are. "Can you tell me exactly where you are?" You could barely get the words out, too scared to see if you had hit the kitten.

As you tried to calm yourself down, tears kept streaming down your face as you were reminded of the possible corpse of the feline outside your car. "The alley behind the convenience store, right?" You were pulled out of your thoughts as you heard your boyfriend from your phone, realising he hadn't ended the call.

"Yeah. Don't worry, though. Just give me a minute and–"

"I see your car." Asahi sighed in relief, completely drenched in rain as he jogged towards your car, a bright smile on his face. "I see you ... and also your friend." He ended the call before you could ask what he meant.

You watched Asahi stand in front of your car, crouching for a little before making his way to the passenger seat. He seemed hesitant to enter, considering he was completely soaked from the rain, but complied when you gestured him to enter.

"Look." Your boyfriend held out the surprise in his hands, showing the supposed cat you had killed. "It's very much alive. Just scared. Like you." Asahi laughed to himself when you let out a whispered scream, immediately reaching out for the kitten and holding it close to you.

"Oh, gosh. I'm so sorry. I thought I killed you. You aren't dead, that's good. Gosh, I hate you so much," you grumbled, turning on the heater in your car since your boyfriend and kitten-friend were shivering. "You gave me a near heart attack. You and I could've died tonight because of your actions, you know?" You nagged, not knowing whether to strangle the kitten or cuddle with it.

You looked at the kitten falling asleep in your arms before shifting your gaze to Asahi. He was looking at you with a fond smile on his face, reaching out with his hand to wipe away the remaining tears on your face.

"You okay now?" He softly asked, making you nod in reply. "You had me worried when you were crying, you know?" Asahi chuckled as you pouted, knowing he was going to tease you for weeks.

"Thank you for coming, Sahi," you spoke, leaning forward to kiss his cheek. "I really mean it."

"It was no problem, angel." Asahi smiled, placing a kiss on your forehead as his thumb caressed your cheek. "I'm always here for you whenever you need me."

"You are my savior, Asahi. I don't know what I'd have done without you."