♡ more fun with you || kanemoto yoshinori

MORE FUN WITH YOU 

📄✎ inspired by the french conversational activity i got from duolingo

"But what if he ends up kidnapping me and I never get to see you again?!"

You exclaimed, pausing on your makeup as you turned to your best friend with wide eyes. Jinny laughed at your overthinking, grabbing the beauty blender, dabbing away on your face as she shook her head.

"He won't, he's a studious kid."

"And? Your point is?"

"He has three assignments carrying his final grade due in a week. So in conclusion, I don't think he has the time to kidnap you," Jinny elaborated, taking a step back as she took in your whole look. "But if you are going to look this good, then I think he might."

"Haha, very funny." You blankly stared at the female in front of you, heaving a breath as you fixed your outfit. "I told you a gazillion times I didn't want to go on a date, but here I am — once again — doing something I said I didn't want to."

Jinny giggled, sticking her tongue out. "You said no to dates, not blind dates. Trust me, I told Izumi nothing about you, and I didn't even tell him you were my bestie — so if things go downhill, you can just pretend it never happened."

"Yeah, until he sees me on campus." You bit the inside of your cheek, contemplating whether you'd cancel the date. "Besides, he knows my name, that's enough to hunt me down or something."

"Shut up. Obviously, he needs your name to recognise you. The restaurant you are going to is a famous blind date spot, so there are many dates. If you know each other's names, it's easier when you meet." Your best friend playfully punched your arm, threatening to hit you once again if you continued whining.

"What's he wearing?" You inquired, hoping you wouldn't mess up your first impression by talking to the wrong guy.

"White tee, plaid shirt, and denim. He said he'll be there early, and he knows what you are wearing, so you'll be fine."

"Let's hope so."

***

You hesitated to enter the restaurant, just walking in circles outside the establishment, waiting for your courage to collect so you could just woman-up and enter. No one with the description Jinny gave you came, so you could only guess Izumi hadn't come yet.

I mean, why would he? You came to the restaurant an hour early.

As you walked around for the nth time, the door to the restaurant opened, revealing a staff member who had watched you nervously stomp about for the past half hour. The male had a cheerful smile, giving a small wave as his co-worker followed him outside, mimicking the same smile.

"Hello." You waved back, brows furrowed as you wondered why the welcoming staff would come outside to you. "Is there anything I can help you with?" You smiled at them, not wanting to sound rude with your words.

"Are you here for a blind date, ma'am?" The male staff inquired, walking closer while looking at their desk to check if there were customers.

"Yes? How did you know?"

"There are a couple of dudes inside for their blind date too, and you were pacing outside, so we kinda guessed you were here for one," the female staff spoke, nonchalantly shrugging — which was just an act so you'd relax more.

They had seen nervous dates before — and for business purposes — they had to make sure those nervous dates came inside, because that would mean more money for them.