♡ not meant to be || park jeongwoo

NOT MEANT TO BE 

a/n: this is a college au!

Saturday, 10:34am — "Guess where I am!"

You squealed, showing off your room to your boyfriend, Jeongwoo, who was connected through a videocall.

"Well, you are not home, that's for sure," Jeongwoo retorted with a chuckle, making you giggle. "Are you in a hotel room? Did your university take you on another trip?" He inquired, impressed as it was only last week you had told him of a trip to Quebec City.

"It's a trip, of sorts."

"Dang, the only time we go on trips is during the spring and summer, but we never have awesome trips like yours."

You laughed, shaking your head. "Woo, can't you guess where I am?" You angled your camera so it captured the infamous Han River in the background.

"I have no clue, but that's a pretty nice view, princess. What part of Canada are you in now?"

"Idiot, I am in Korea. That's the Han River!"

You and Jeongwoo were the best of friends when you were in middle school, and the feelings blossomed into love when the two of you were seniors in high school. After a lot of hesitation and pep talks, Jeongwoo finally asked you out literally, when your entire grade knew of you two liking each other and you guys started dating.

The sweet dates and memories ended when you got accepted into an university in Canada on a scholarship and with the pressure you got from your parents and school, you ended up choosing the same university, which meant you had to leave Jeongwoo behind.

But he would not give up that easily. Even though you had hinted at several occasions to break up with you, Jeongwoo never agreed to it. People say long-distance relationships never work, but I want to prove them wrong, he always said, being stubborn. You were glad he never broke up with you, because if anything, ever since you went to Canada, your love for each other has become stronger.

I told you, Y/N. I won't give up on us.

"Wait, for real?! You are in Korea right now?!" Jeongwoo exclaimed, getting an excited nod from you. "It's been years since we met. We should definitely meet up!" Your smile brightened at his words, glad he had the same idea as you.

"The university brought us for a two-week exchange program. I'm the only Korean who is fluent in our batch, so they said I should tag along too, so I could be the translator for them," you explained, and Jeongwoo stared at you in awe. "We have some stuff planned for these two weeks, but I'll send you my schedule, you and cross-check and see if we can meet up on a free day."

Jeongwoo nodded, a wide smile on his face. "Yep, we have some stuff planned with our university too, but I'm sure we can meet up," he stated. "I can't wait to see you after a long time, princess."

"Me too, Woo."

|<><><><><>|

Tuesday, 07:14am — "I'm really sorry, Y/N. I forgot about the annual festival."

You shook your head, waving it off, feeling bad. "It's fine, babe. They planned an impromptu tour of Iksan, and apparently I have to take them around." You pouted, feeling relieved when you saw a slight smile on Jeongwoo's face.

"You are going to Iksan now?" He questioned, causing you to nod in reply. "Maybe I can ditch the festival and meet up with you in Iksan? I just have to inform Haruto and then I'll leave soon," he suggested, rushing around his dorm as he tried to find his roommate.