♡ behind you || takata mashiho

BEHIND YOU 

"Hey, Y/N? Could you come for a bit? I need to show you something!"

You smiled as you saw Doyoung peek through the door, his usual cheerful smile on his face as he greeted you and Mashiho. You nodded, pulling yourself away from your boyfriend's embrace, following Doyoung out of the room.

Mashiho frowned at your actions, crossing his arms over his chest as he sulked. How could you leave like that? And how could Doyoung call for you when he can clearly see you were spending time with me? He stood from his bed, walking out of his room as he followed your steps.

He unconsciously pouted when he saw Doyoung showing you something on his phone as you two sat on the couch, laughing away without a care in the world. Mashiho's heart swelled as he heard your adorable laughter, but it was soon replaced with a glare.

He wanted to be the one to make you laugh, not Doyoung.

***

"Hey, Shiho. Could I borrow Y/N for one game, please?"

Doyoung asked, peeking through the door, once again interrupting you and Mashiho as you tried to spend the day together. With the way he asked, there was no way Mashiho could decline without seeming mean – so he nodded, letting you play a video game with Doyoung.

Mashiho waited in the room, scrolling through his phone mindlessly, waiting for the one round to be over. How long can one game possibly be? He wondered, wanting to look for you, but he got a call from Junkyu.

"Hey, Mashi. Hyunsuk and I need you for the Japanese lyric revisions. Could you come by the studios quickly?" Junkyu requested, and the younger agreed, grabbing a jacket and throwing it over himself before he ran out of the dorm towards the studio.

As he revised the lyrics and checked the accuracy, Mashiho glanced at his phone from time to time, checking if you noticed his disappearance. It was two hours since he left without a message, but you hadn't called him – or texted him – to check where he went.

After another half hour, Mashiho wrapped things up in the studio, bidding the older males goodbye as he ran out of the building, wanting to get back to the dorms. On arriving back, anger coursed through Mashiho's veins as he saw you in the same place he left you; in Doyoung's room playing a video game with him.

"It's two and a half hours, Doyoung. How long is this one round going to be?" Mashiho leant against the door as he spoke, eyes squinting as he slightly glared at the younger.

"Oh, shoot. I didn't notice the time fly by."

"Of course, you didn't."

You raised your brows as you saw Mashiho roll his eyes, not used to seeing the male behave oddly – and rudely – with his members; especially Doyoung. Seeing the jacket on his arms, you realised he must've gone out and come – most likely the company – and something must've happened there.

"Well, we can hang out now," you suggested, holding Mashiho's arm as a wide smile came on your face.

The male shook his face, making you frown. "I'll drop you home. I promised your brother to bring you home by 8, and it's a quarter to 8 already." You sighed as you remembered the stupid curfew your brother put, feeling guilty as you weren't able to spend much time with your boyfriend.

As Mashiho drove you home, you realised he was still salty about not being able to spend the day with you. He gave short answers to your questions, and subconsciously rolled his eyes or sighed when you spoke about your time with Doyoung.

"I promise I'll spend more time with you the next time we meet up, Mashi."

"I'll count on it, babe."

***

Another day, another broken promise.

Mashiho sighed deeply, beating himself up for letting you go. But with the way Doyoung kindly asked, there was no way I could say no. He covered his face with his hands, aggressively cleaning his room to calm his mindset.

After a while when he was taking the trash from his room to the kitchen, you came towards Mashiho, wrapping your arms around him from the back, hugging him as he washed his hands on the kitchen sink.

"Hello, hello. How is my cutiepie boyfriend doing?" You asked, stifling a giggle as you knew Mashiho didn't like it when you called him a 'cutiepie'.

He simply shrugged, turning off the tap as he didn't even make eye-contact. "I don't know, Y/N. Why don't you ask Doyoung?" Mashiho grumbled, tired of the younger male hanging around you when you were clearly his partner.

"But you are my boyfriend, silly!"

"Oh, am I? It's been a while since we spent time together, I must've forgotten."

You frowned at his words, turning him around to make him meet your gaze. Seeing his angry glare, you were able to quickly put everything together. He was jealous. You wrapped your arms around Mashiho's neck, looking apologetic.

"I'm sorry, Mashi." The male scoffed, placing both hands beside you as he leant against the kitchen counter, trapping you. "I really am."

Mashiho shook his head. "Sorry isn't going to cut it, Y/N. Every time we hang out, Doyoung comes and just whisks you away. You never make an effort to cut it short and spend time with me," he stated, brows furrowing as his glare didn't falter. "Heck, it's like Doyoung is your boyfriend, and not me."

"But, I–"

"You seem to forget who your boyfriend is, baby. Should I remind you, hm?" Mashiho smirked as he saw you gulp, genuinely fearing what the older male had planned. Your gaze darted behind him, blushing furiously as you were unable to control your emotions.

"That's a-all very nice and I-I know I'm r-ruining the m-mood, but um, the maknae l-line is right b-behind you."