♡ not meant to be 2 || park jeongwoo

NOT MEANT TO BE 2 

 "Maybe we are not meant to be, Jeongwoo."

The male shook his head at your words, denying the negative thoughts that were trying to consume his brain. "No, don't say that, Y/N. We are meant to be. It's just that ..." He trailed off, not knowing what excuse to give.

"It's just what?!" You stared at him, desperately wanting an excuse so you could clear your head, but he said nothing, and you couldn't help but think that your thoughts were true.

Jeongwoo ran his fingers through his hair, exhaling. "I don't know. All I know is that we are meant to be, that's it. We are meant to be, nothing can change that. Yes, we struggle sometimes, but it's part of our — ugh, we are meant to be, Y/N!" He groaned, frustrated as he could not convince you otherwise.

Maybe you two really aren't meant to be.

"Let's just talk about this when I'm back in Canada," you mumbled, grabbing your suitcase after pulling away your hands from Jeongwoo. "It's going to be easier anyway ... with the distance between us." You wiped away your tears, mustering a small smile as you waved goodbye.

"Do you want to break up with me? Is that what you want? Just because we didn't get to meet up in these two weeks?"

"Goodbye, Jeongwoo."

You turned the other way, gulping as you tried to stay strong. Your friend, Hana, waited for you, grabbing your hand as she guided you through the gates, knowing you needed someone to lean on. She gave a sympathetic look towards Jeongwoo, internally praying for a miracle.

She knew how much you two loved each other, and she could only pray for a miracle that would make you two realise it.

Jeongwoo thought about the words you said, and you did the same, going over them in your head. Did you want to break up with him? Is that what you want? You sighed, knowing it was probably the best solution. Besides, it wasn't just because you two didn't get to meet in those two weeks.

There were many other factors that always came between you two. For starters, it was always impossible for you and Jeongwoo to take videocalls or even text continuously because of the 13-hour difference. Either one of you was always sacrificing on your sleep and ended up looking like a zombie the next day.

University lectures and events were another thing. Jeongwoo's university had a lot of fundraisers and events, while your university had a lot of impromptu seminars and batch outings. It was almost difficult to catch a free time, and when you did, it never lined up with Jeongwoo.

Sure, you two were closer than you were before, but it came at a price. You two were sacrificing a lot for each other — and yes, there should be sacrifices — but this much was a lot. It was a struggle to keep your relationship intact, and it was only a wonder that you two had come already two years into the relationship.

These were the thoughts that consumed Jeongwoo's and your brains, so it really made you two wonder if it was meant to be. But with all these obstacles, I guess there is no doubt. Hana wiped the side of your face, giving you an encouraging smile, wordlessly telling you to stay strong.

"You and Jeongwoo are meant to be, I know it. And I know that you two know it too." She held your chin up, making you meet her gaze. "Don't make any rash decisions that you will just regret later. That's all I can say, Y/N."

You stayed silent, handing your passports to your department head, Mr Costell, who looked at you with a fatherly gaze. You were in a mix of feelings, all the way from embarrassment to sadness. Everyone in your batch — including the head — saw everything that went down, and you were pretty sure that the semi-fluent Koreans might've translated the whole scenario to everyone.

They all gave you sympathetic smiles and looks, and you simply turned away, avoiding everyone of them. "Are you alright, Y/N?" Mr Costell inquired, although he knew you weren't.

"I will be, Mr Costell. Thank you for being concerned," you answered meekly, giving him a small smile as you waited for your boarding passes.

Once again, you zoned out of the real world, a million thoughts filling your head. If we are really meant to be, please show me a sign. Anything, absolutely anything that will give me the strength to give my all to Jeongwoo. Please show me a sign. You prayed, shutting your eyes tightly as you hoped with all your might. I don't want to break up with him, so please, make me believe we are meant to be.

"What do you mean? You people should've informed us earlier. We simply wasted our time!" You looked up as you heard Mr Costell's voice, wondering what was the ruckus. You watched your department head argue with the woman at the counter, aggressively waving his hands before his shoulders slumped, loudly sighing.

"What's wrong, Hana?"

"No idea. Let's just wait until he's done."

"The lady is saying we can't get on the plane. She's trying to say something, but I can't understand her. Could you two check out what it is?" He requested, and the two of you nodded, walking towards the counter.

Using a language the woman was familiar with, you and Hana talked it out with her, figuring out the problem. There was an engine failure with two of the flights, and the spare parts required were going to take a few days to arrive. It was a sudden circumstance, so the airline was prepared to accommodate them in a hotel nearby — since they were a huge crowd.

"Well, I guess that's that. Did she mention how long we'll have to stay here?" Mr Costell questioned, causing Hana to nod as she answered.

"A week, Sir. We will leave next Sunday."

Mr Costell nodded, turning towards you. "Since this is sudden, I'll just let the kids roam around or stay in, you can sort out whatever issue you had with your, um, boyfriend, yeah?" You raised your brows, still processing what had happened.

"I'll sort out the stuff here and I will send you the hotel's address," Hana quipped, taking your bags from you. "You go find Jeongwoo quickly! I told you two are meant to be, now go get him, idiot!" She cheered, a bright smile on her face as she pushed you away from your batch.

The sign. That was it. Getting stuck in Korea for a week, with absolutely no interference; that's the sign. You and Jeongwoo are meant to be, after all.

It didn't take you long to run out of the gates, hurriedly taking your phone as you called Jeongwoo, checking he was still nearby. Startled to see a call from you, Jeongwoo quickly answered it, his hand resting against his car door.

"Y/N? Is everything alright? What's the–"

"Where are you?!"

"Near my car, but why–"

"Where is that?" You waited until he answered and you followed his directions, not answering the questions he asked, ending the call once you saw him. "Jeongwoo!" You called out, grinning like an idiot as you met his gaze.

"Y/N, what's going on?" His brows furrowed in question, looking at you for an answer. "Isn't your flight leaving now?"

You explained everything as speedily as you could, putting a smile on Jeongwoo's face as tears made their way down his cheeks. "I'm sorry for saying all those things, Woo. I was just fed up with the universe getting in our way of being a normal couple. I love you with all my heart, Jeongwoo, and I just hope you can forgive me for all the hurtful things I said," you apologised, wiping away his tears before hugging him tightly.

"I told you before, princess. We are meant to be, and nothing can change that."

a/n: not at me thinking i already published this chapter smh i really thought to myself, "i wonder why no one is commenting on that jeongwoo 2nd part imagine, was it not that good?" only to realise i didn't post it in the first place