♡ emergency || park jeongwoo

EMERGENCY 

a/n — ok the reader can drive in this idk what the driving ages are where you live, but for the sake of this writing, y'all can drive :)

"Thanks for picking me up on such short notice."

Jeongwoo mumbled, catching his breath as he ran across the parking area to get to your car.

Around half an hour ago, your best friend, Park Jeongwoo, called you hurriedly, asking if you could come over to the company because it was an emergency. Not asking more questions, you agreed, following his directions and covering yourself up as you drove into the basement parking of his company.

"So, what's the emergency?" You asked, watching the male as he went through his bag, grabbing a few caps and pulling it out.

Jeongwoo held up a hand, gesturing he'd explain later. "Wear these first." He took off the black cap you wore, replacing it with the red one in his hands.

"And why are we doing this?"

"In case anyone saw you come in or me walk out. I don't know if it works, but changing our disguises can confuse people." Jeongwoo shrugged, making you laugh at his nonsense logic.

You nodded hesitantly, biting back a smile. "Okay, if you say so." You looked over at the male expectantly. "Where are we off to?"

"A convenience store that's a little far from here."

Following Jeongwoo's instructions, you drove through the city, further away from the vicinity of other entertainment companies. You slowed down after getting into a calm neighborhood, checking with your best friend first before you two stopped at a convenience store.

"Come, let's go!" Jeongwoo gestured, dragging you with him as he walked inside the store, taking a basket and adding everything he could lay his eyes upon into it. "You like the spicy noodles, right? Or is the creamy ones? Never mind, let's take both!" You could only stare in confusion as the male prepared all the cup noodles and heated the other foods in the store's microwave.

Jeongwoo said to hurry because it was an emergency, you thought to yourself. "Is this your emergency? To feast on ramen and other junk food because you are currently on a diet?" You inquired, stifling your laugh when Jeongwoo turned to you with an offended expression.

"Excuse me, ramen is not a junk food. Look at this kimbap! It's vegetable and rice. All healthy," he defended, and even though his tone was harsh, the smile on his face said otherwise. "But no ... this is not my emergency."

"Then what is it?"

"Let's eat first."

Jeongwoo grabbed your hand once again as he guided you to the table inside the convenience store, making you awe at the spread he had laid out in the short time. From various cup noodles to microwaved dumplings and drinks, everything was there on the table.

You watched as he dipped a piece of kimbap in the cup tteokbokki gravy, gritting his teeth in concentration before he held out his chopsticks to you, smiling as he waited for you to eat the bite. As you ate the bite, the realization comet came crashing down on you.

Jeongwoo always ate after he fed you whenever you two ate together.

Watching Jeongwoo feast on the convenience store food, you excused yourself, walking towards the freezers and checking if they had the ice-cream flavour he liked. You scanned through the pink and blue tubs of ice-cream, smiling to yourself as you found the one named 'Rainbow Sherbet'.

A weird combination of flavors, but it's Jeongwoo's favorite, so I won't question.

You paid for the ice-cream, along with the rest of the food — though you knew Jeongwoo would definitely throw a tantrum and give you the money later on. "Here you go." You handed the ice-cream, your heart thumping louder as you saw the bright smile that came on his face.

After clearing the table, you munched on some wafer sticks as Jeongwoo opened his ice-cream, excited to have the little dessert after the convenience store feast. Like before, the male took a spoonful of the ice-cream, holding it out for you to eat.

You shook your head, pushing his hand away. "Will you please tell me what's the emergency now?" You begged, sighing when Jeongwoo silently offered his ice-cream again. "Woo, I don't want ice-cream. What was your emergency?"

"Eat the ice-cream, and I'll tell you," Jeongwoo blackmailed, having his infamous shy smile on his face when you reluctantly took the bite he offered. "I wanted to see you, that's why."

"Huh?" You scrunched your face, freezing in your place as you wondered if you heard him right. "Wait, what now?"

"I missed you, okay? And wanting to meet up with you can be considered an emergency."