♡ wrong since kindergarten || kanemoto yoshinori

a/n: i don't usually do husband + dad scenarios, but this was a very vivid scene in my head and yoshi was perfect :) also i'm so sorry for not updating in a month this book legit slipped my mind

✩ WRONG SINCE KINDERGARTEN ✩

"Okay, baby. I will see to that, but just don't tell your dad."

You told your daughter, knowing very well how your husband would react to the news.

So much for keeping it a secret. You mentally slapped yourself, seeing the aforementioned male standing near the doorway, looking at you skeptically. Kanemoto Yoshinori tilted his head in confusion, unwilling to believe his partner and daughter were actually hiding something from him.

"Don't tell me what?" He asked, immediately turning towards your daughter when you didn't answer. "What is it, Miyuki?" The smile on his face brightened, and you bit your lip, knowing it was a tactic to get the news out of your child.

Deceive her into thinking you are not mad, and then get to know everything.

And of course, the young child took very much after her father, and wasn't the type to keep things to herself — especially when she had a hard time controlling her expressions and lying.

"A boy kissed me at school today," she blurted, unaware of the storm she created. "During our break-time."

Yoshi's eyes widened as his mouth fell open, staring in disbelief at you and his daughter. "I'm sorry? What now?" He scooted closer, crouching near the child as you did. "Did I hear that right?" You nodded as he looked towards you, snapping him out of his trance.

"A boy ..." Miyuki spoke slowly this time, genuinely believing Yoshi didn't hear her. "... kissed me ... at school." You sat on the floor, ready to enjoy the show.

"Kissed you? Where did he kiss you?"

"Everywhere."

"Every ... where?" Yoshi's brows were furrowed, repeating the words he heard multiple times in his head to make sense of it. "Where is everywhere?" He had a hard time believing his daughter was kissed at school.

But then again, he also thought about how Miyuki was his daughter and that it was inevitable which such good genes that she would — but how could this unnamed boy try to steal his beloved Miyuki using kisses?!

"Like ..." Miyuki trailed off, gesturing to her entire face. "Everywhere."

Yoshi stood up from his place, turning as he grabbed his keys that were lying around. "Okay, then. Let's go meet him." He had the most solemn look on his face, and for a second, even you panicked, thinking he'd actually drive to your daughter's playschool.

"Yoshinori, please don't–"

"What's his name? Where was he born? What's his zodiac sign?" Miyuki looked terrified at her father's behavior, turning towards you for help. "Do you know his address? What's his identity card number?" You sat there speechless, contemplating the life choices you made to get married to him.

"Stop it, Yoshi!" You held your daughter close, covering her, so she didn't have to see the extravagantly exaggerated expressions he did. "You are scaring her with your overreacting," you complained, pursing your lips as he frowned.

The male took a deep breath as he held out his hands for his daughter to hold. "Did you kiss him back, Miyuki?" He inquired, causing your mouth to fall open as your eyes widened. "You didn't, right?"

"Of course, I didn't!" Miyuki had the same expression as you — except hers was more of disgust while you were shocked. "Ew, boys are gross. Yuck!" She shuddered, bringing the biggest smile onto Yoshi's face.

"Yes! Boys are gross! Totally yuck!" He smiled as he spoke, playing with your daughter's hands. "Never kiss them, okay? At least until you are older." The last few words were under a whisper barely audible.

You held Miyuki's face, giving her a little smile. "Yep, and the yuckiest one of them all is your father." You and your daughter laughed at the joke you made, especially with the 'hmph' you got out of Yoshi. "Now go change so we can go to the park!" You hurried your daughter, smiling fondly as she ran to her room before turning to look at the grumpy male beside you.

"Me? The yuckiest one? Really?"

"You said it yourself; boys are yucky."

Yoshi cracked a smile, chuckling as he stared at you. "I never thought I'd have to worry about Miyuki kissing anyone at such a young age." He shook his head. "Kids move so fast these days."

"Kissing has always been normal, babe." You teasingly patted his head, seeing him look confused at your words. "Even kindergartners back in my days did." You hid your laugh as Yoshi furrowed his brows, twice as confused as he was before.

"Well, I might've been doing all this wrong since kindergarten then."