♡ orange || hamada asahi

a/n: not gonna lie, i'm pretty satisfied with this one :)

ORANGE ✩

"Pfft, I don't like Asahi that way."

You laughed as you answered the question your sister asked you, finding it hilarious. Asahi was your childhood best friend, there was no way you'd fall for him. You guys were too close for something like that.

"Alright, girl. I just clarified because you two are super close, that's why," your sister defended herself, raising her hands in surrender as you wrapped your arms around her.

You ruffled her hair, smiling endearingly. "You are too cute. I wonder what else goes on in that little brain of yours." You leaned back before you got hit by her, getting off the bed and running around the house.

Your phone rang, and you stopped running, holding up a hand to pause your sister from hitting you. As if she actually listened (and played fair). She took advantage of the call and landed a proper 'smack' on your back before returning to your room, letting you answer the call.

"Hi-kun, wassup?" You greeted, a smile on your face as you heard Asahi laugh at the nickname you gave him.

"Hey, Y/N. Wanna come over to mine?" He asked, hoping you'd agree.

"Hm, what's in it for me?"

"I did a little something, and I want your feedback."

You squealed, excited already. "Producer-Sahi?! Say no more! I'll be at yours in ten!" You ended the call after saying your quick goodbyes, rushing to your room to change into something more acceptable.

After deciding on wearing a band shirt and sweatpants, you warned your sister to close all the doors and stay safe, before taking the elevator, going two floors up. Yes, Asahi lived two floors above yours. He was already standing in his doorway, waiting for you to arrive.

You shook your head, practically skipping into his apartment, excited to listen to the song he had made. As you normally did when you came over, you sprawled over his bed, gratefully taking the can of cola he handed you.

Asahi looked over at you as he took a seat on his chair, clicking away on his computer. "The lyrics are still a work-in-progress, but I got the melody down." He played the song, and a soft tune filled the room, and unconsciously, you smiled as you listened to it.

You looked at the lyric pad, going through the lyrics as you listened to the melody for the second time, swaying along to the music. "You have to fix the grammar here a bit." You pointed out, and Asahi immediately handed you the pencil, letting you fix the errors in his first time writing a song in Korean.

"Any ideas for the chorus?" Asahi inquired, hoping you'd have an idea that he could expand on.

"When I close my eyes, I can only think of the color 'orange' when I listen to the song. Maybe we can interpret on that? Because orange means things like happiness, warmth, and joy. So, maybe about a lover who still feels sorry even though their partner is feeling orange?" You explained the idea that came off the top of your head.

"That's actually-"

"It's really stupid, but that's what just came into my head," you quickly blurted, realising how stupid your idea sounded. "You don't have to. This is just meaningless rambling."

Asahi looked at you as you nervously rambled, a warm feeling in his heart. He was the one feeling orange now. For the past few days, after one of his friends asked if him if he liked you, it completely confused Asahi.

You were his best friend. He never really thought about anything else other than that, because you two were always friends. But right now, as you helped him write this song, Asahi saw you in a different light. In that moment, he knew what he felt right away.

I love you. "I love it."

"What?"

"I love the idea. Just write whatever you feel like. It's a great idea."

He noticed the little things, and it had him a little scared. How you bit your lip as you tried to concentrate, how you stuck your tongue out as you hummed the melody, how you unconsciously tapped on his leg as you repeated the lyrics to him.

It drove him insane. This can't be happening. I can't possibly like Y/N, those were the constant thoughts in his head as you continued writing the lyrics.

After an hour or so, you came up with a rough draft and handed it to Asahi, who gave his gummy smile as he read through, nodding enthusiastically. Rather than the compliments he gave you, you felt your cheeks redden when he smiled, readying his mic to sing the lyrics to save it as a demo.

You watched him effortlessly sing, his beautiful vocals sending shivers down your spine. And it didn't help when he looked at you as he sang. You smiled as he excitedly clapped after he sang a verse, thanking you repeatedly for the lyrics you had written.

The beautiful dimples that popped up when he smiled, the beautiful eyes that widened when he missed the count, the beautiful lips that pouted when you laugh at him, and that beautiful face you kept looking at. Everything about Asahi was beautiful.

Slowly, your smile faltered, realising what was happening. You never noticed the little things. Your sister's words from the morning came crashing like a meteor, and you looked at Asahi once again, heart beating faster as he turned to look at you, saying something, but you couldn't hear anything with the thoughts clouding your head.

Oh.

Oh, no.

Asahi noticed your blank face and lost eyes, wondering if anything was wrong. He pushed away the mic, getting off his chair and sitting next to you on the bed. Gently placing his hand under your chin, he turned you to face him, looking worried.

"Y/N, is something wrong?" He asked, his soft voice putting you at ease even though your heart ran wild at his touch.

You kicked yourself internally for your decision, but you knew it was better to let it out than keep it in. Here goes nothing. "Sahi, I hope you don't hate me, but I just realised something," you muttered, your voice just above a whisper. "I think I like you, Sahi."

Asahi smiled, struggling to not jump around the place in happiness as he heard your confession. "Well, that's good. I'm glad you feel that."

"Why?"

"Because I think I love you, Y/N."