71🏍

A couple of months went by and things were back to normal

A couple of months went by and things were back to normal. The shop is booming and Navy looks even more beautiful daily as her bump grows.

We decided to not know what we are having and just have it be a surprise.

We have plenty of empty bedrooms to make into a baby's room and the closer we get the more excited I am.

I have been so busy lately and Navy has been staying home more now since she's getting bigger and having issues here and there and needs some bed rest.

Lanie loves rubbing on her belly and saying her baby all the time.

I finish up the shoulder tattoo I was working on and head home. I find Navy upstairs in bed and April is downstairs with Lanie. Since Navy has been on bed rest April has been coming to the house to watch Lanie.

She was asleep in bed and I walked around and kissed her forehead and she opened her eyes and smiled when she saw me.

"Hey! Where is Lanie?" She asked.

"Downstairs with April right now. I wanted to check on you before I took her." I said.

"Go take you a shower I will go relieve April so that she can go home." She said.

"I will be quick," I said grabbing some clothes and going into the bathroom.

When I got done and went downstairs Navy and Lanie were in the living room. Lanie was bringing blocks over to Navy and babbling.

I sit down on the couch beside Navy and Lanie squealed when she saw me and ran and jumped on my lap.

"Dada!" She giggled.

I wrapped her in my arms and snuggled her up and kissed her all over her face.

"More dada!" Lanie giggled smacking my face gently.

"Daddy is going to bite you!" I said pretending to bite her.

"Ouch, dada!" Lanie said making a mean face and we laugh.

She settles on my lap with a juice bottle that Navy went and got while she tried to prepare dinner for us and I felt bad.

Lanie went to sleep and I laid her on the couch and went to help Navy.

I walked into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around her and kissed her shoulder. "What can I do to help?"

"You can take over and stir so I can sit down please?" Navy said.

"Sure I can do that. This chicken stir fry smells good." I said.

"I'm guessing that juice knocked Lanie out huh?"

I laugh... "Yeah, it really did. I am excited to see how she interacts with the new baby."

"I am wondering if she will be jealous like she is of Junie or if she will be excited and possessive like the baby is hers," Navy said.

"I guess we will see shortly. It would suck if the baby comes on Lanie's 2nd birthday." I laugh.

"That would be horrible because they will not want to share birthdays I can see it now." Navy laughs.

"Unless it's a boy and he will let Lanie have her way." I grin.

"Do you care what the baby is?" Navy asked.

"Not really. I seem to be a girl dad but a boy would be ok too. I'm not really going to be mad either way Navy as long as it's healthy and looks like you." I smile.

"Me? You are handsome. You don't want them to look like you? I mean Lanie looks just like Gavin so I would be ok for this baby to look some like me." She giggles

I set our plates down at the bar and join Navy to eat.

We eat in silence and I place my hand on her leg and squeeze. "I love you Navy and I don't care who the baby looks like as long as it's healthy."

"I feel the same way and I pray that Lanie isn't mean to it." She laughed.

We finished our food and while I cleaned up the kitchen she took Lanie upstairs to bed.

I met her in the bedroom a little bit later and she was in the bathroom brushing her teeth.

"Ready to call it an early night?" I ask her.

"Yeah, I'm sorry Kash. I'm just staying so tired with this pregnancy. April has been a godsend coming here and helping with Lanie."

"She has and I'm not worrying so much about you being alone with April here," I said turning the bed covers down.

"I feel bad for not coming into work. Do you know your dad called me the other day asking if I was ok?" She smiled.

"That was nice of him. He talks about Lanie all the time. You should see all the pictures on his phone are of her." I laughed.

"Wait until the new baby comes he's going to bore them all with pictures." She laughed.

"He's so excited. He loves Lanie so much but to carry on the Ryan name excites him." I smile.

"What if it's a girl and she gets married? She will lose the Ryan name." She said.

"Well, we will cross that bridge when we come to it. If it's a girl I'm going to make her a tomboy." I laugh leaning over kissing her face.

"You will huh? I think Lanie will be a challenge for sure." She said.

"We just have to show her just as much love and don't have her feeling left out," I said placing my hand on her belly.

"I'm pretty sure I felt the baby kick on our wedding day. I couldn't decide if it was butterflies or kicking." She smiled.

"Is that what it feels like?" I ask.

"It did but now it feels like a kick from the inside." She giggled.

I leaned over and kissed her lips and held her face in my hand. "God I love you so much Navy."

"I love you Kash and our life together and our children of course." She said kissing me again.