62🌹

Once we made it home Kash kept Lanie occupied while I cooked us some dinner

I made a simple chicken stir fry and once it was on the table Kash brought Lanie in the kitchen and put her in the high chair.

I made a veggie medley and put some on Lanie's tray.

"Yummy mama." She smiled grabbing a pea.

We both laughed and before we got through dinner the doorbell went off and Kash went to open the door and it was Shorty.

"Hey, Shorty! Want a plate!" I ask.

"Sure if you have enough. I came to check on the pool." He said.

"Have a seat and I'll get you some," I said.

"Hey!" Lanie said trying to hand Shorty a pea. He laughed and leaned over and eat it from her hand.

Lanie giggled and did it a few more times.

"Looks like you made a friend." Kash laughed.

We sit around the table and laughed and eat when Shorty stopped and his mouth got big. "Is that an Engagement ring Navy?"

"It is. Kash proposed to me." I smile showing him the ring.

"Oh, it's beautiful! Congrats you guys! You are a great couple and man she can cook Kash she's a keeper." He laughed.

"Thanks, Shorty but I love her for more than just her cooking," Kash said kissing the side of my face.

"Will you get Lanie out of the high chair for me?" I ask.

"Sure we are going to walk outside with Shorty." He said.

I cleaned up the table and put the dishes in the dishwasher and went outside to find them. Lanie is screaming wanting to get in the pool and Kash is trying to calm her down.

"Here I'm going to take her upstairs for her bath and get her ready for bed," I said.

"I'll be in when Shorty gets done." He said.

"Bye Shorty!" I said heading towards the house.

"Bye Navy! Thanks for the food." He said.

"Come on Lanie it's bath time," I said bouncing her on my hip up the steps.

After she's bathed I dress her and rock her in the chair while I tell her a Gavin story while she's holding her bear.

I rock her a little longer until she's asleep and I put her over in her bed and cover her up and put her Gavin bear beside her.

I lean down and kiss her forehead before pulling up the door and leaving the room.

I met Kash on the steps and so I turned around and headed toward the bedroom.

"Are you ready for bed?" He asked.

"I was going to drink a glass of wine but it can wait," I said.

"No let's go I could use a beer and we can go out to the fire pit." He said.

I got our drinks while he started the fire and I walked out to join him.

"This is nice." I smile.

"Anytime I'm with you is great Navy." He smiled putting his arm around me.

"So do you want to talk wedding?" I ask him.

"I'm good with whatever you want to do Navy. I have no idea where to begin." He said.

"Well do you want to have it here in the backyard over there in the open space?" I asked.

"That would be ok with me. It's not like we have a lot of people to invite." He said.

"Just the normal bunch. Maybe the people from the group as well. What do you think Kash?"

"I think that's a good idea. You just tell me when and where and I'll be there. Even if you want to skip all of this and go to the courthouse I'm ok with that too. But whatever you want to do I'm ok with." He said.

"I'd like to have a backyard wedding. What about a budget?" I ask.

"I have plenty of money so you can use whatever you want just don't go all bridezilla on me." He laughed.

I take a sip of wine and laugh. "Oh, that would never be me. I'm more of a plain person." I said.

"I know you are. So what colors are you thinking?" He asked.

"That I'm not sure of yet but I'll let you know when I know." I smile at him and he leans over for a kiss.

"I'm sure Ivy already has things planned. She seemed pretty excited to help and since she's off on maternity leave it's a perfect time." He said.

"I didn't think about that but your right." I smile.

"Are you ready to go in and get ready for bed? I have another big back piece tomorrow." He yawned.

"Yeah I am and boy people pay a lot for those back pieces huh? I don't know how you do it sitting there that long." I said.

"It's art and it excites me every time I begin to draw." I smile.

"I want a little heart tattooed on my ring finger with a K inside of it before we get married," I said.

"I can do it for you tomorrow. I'll get the same thing but an N inside the heart for you. I don't like putting names on the fingers because if the person divorced well there is the name you don't want to remember." He laughed.

"Yeah, I get that. I mean getting Lanie's name is different." I said.

"I can draw you up something cute. But let's head inside and check on Lanie and get some sleep." He said putting the fire out.

I grabbed the glasses and took them to the kitchen while Kash locked up and then he headed on up to check on Lanie while I turned off the lights.

That wine sure has made me sleepy. I turn the bed down and go brush my teeth and get in bed when Kash walked in.

"She started to wake up but I patted her butt gently and she went back to sleep." He said.

"I'm glad that still works and she doesn't wake us up through the night now," I said.

"You and me both." He said getting in bed and wrapping his arm around me.