9🌹

Once lunch was over we walked back to the shop and I got back to counting numbers

Once lunch was over we walked back to the shop and I got back to counting numbers. Kash came back and checked on me a few times.

The deeper I got into the numbers the worse it was looking. Tens of thousands of dollars were missing. I lean back in the chair because the baby is kicking pretty hard. So hard I feel like my bladder is going to burst.

I head to the bathroom and when I come back out Kash walks in. "How's it looking Navy?"

"It's not looking good Kash if I'm being honest," I said.

"Shit." He said rubbing his face.

"Just what I've gone through today is tens of thousands of dollars," I said making a face.

"I'm most definitely going to have him prosecuted." He said.

"I have so much more to go through. Maybe I can come back tomorrow." I said.

"Oh for sure if you feel up to it." He said.

"I'm tired and need to lay down," I said rubbing my stomach.

"I'm sorry if I put too much on you today Navy." He said.

"No, it's not you Kash I just get so tired nowadays and need extra naps." I laugh.

I watch as he locks up the book and my notes and as I stand up the pain hits and I double over the desk clutching my stomach.

"Oh, holy hell are you ok?" He asked.

"Yeah, it's Braxton Hicks. It feels like a contraction but it's false labor. This has been happening off and on sometimes." I said.

"Well let me walk you out. Are you sure you don't need me to drive you home or something?" He asked.

"No I'll be ok but thanks, Kash." I smile.

He walks me out to my car and opens my door for me. "You call me if you need anything ok? I mean anything and I'll come by." He said.

"I appreciate that thank you so much Kash." I smile getting in the vehicle.

"Your welcome. Be safe Navy." He smiled and shut my door before I could say anything.

By the time I got home, I was worn out. My body hurt and the kicking was so intense. I sit my bag on the bar and went over to the couch and laid down and went right to sleep.

The doorbell woke me up a little bit later and I woke up groggy and opened the door to find Ivy standing there with a plate of food.

"Hey come in!" I said.

"Sorry did I wake you up?" She asked.

"Yeah, when I got home from working on Kash's books I took a nap." I yawn.

"Well, I brought you food and no I didn't cook it Des did." She laughed.

"Oooh, thanks! What is it?" I ask following her to the kitchen.

"Chicken Alfredo and a couple of pieces of garlic bread." She said.

"Oh, thanks I will most definitely eat that. I'm hungry after that nap." I said.

"So did you go to the doctor's appointment today?" She asked.

"I did and here are my pics." I grab them out of my bag and hand them to her. Everything is perfect. I did experience some Braxton hicks while working on those books and scared Kash." I laugh.

"So you and Kash have been spending more time together." She grinned.

"We have but we are just friends. He did let me drive his 68' Camaro last night and that was so much fun." I smile.

"I'm glad to see you smiling even if you are just friends," Ivy said.

"Yeah I mean I'm not looking for anything other than friendship. I'm still crying myself to sleep at night over Gavin." I said.

"I'm sorry it's still so hard for you. I hope those meetings are helping some." She said.

"Oh, they help for sure it's just Gavin's birthday is coming up in a few days and I just don't know how to feel about it." I sigh.

"I'm sorry and you know I'm here for you If you need me." She smiled.

"I appreciate it so much, Ivy. Thank you for being my friend." I smile.

"You got it! Well, I gotta get home. I have to work tonight but if you need anything Des is home." She said.

"Thanks I'm going to eat this and shower and get in bed I'm still really tired," I said rubbing my stomach.

"Ok, I'll let you get to it. She said hugging me from the side and I follow her to the door and lock it and set the alarm.

I walk back over to the bar and dig into the food. Wow, this is good. I will have to tell Des how great of a cook he is.

I clean up my mess and check the alarm again before going upstairs and getting in the shower. I enjoyed being pregnant when Gavin was here but now I just want to get it over it.

I look at my stomach in the mirror and put lotion on my skin and just wish that Gavin was here with me. I know with me being so close to giving birth he would be so excited.

He kept saying it was going to be a girl and I feel like it's a boy. We argued about it laughing for hours.

I punish myself and get in bed and open my phone and look through pics and the last video I have of him. He's laughing and just being silly.

I sit on the bed and cry my heart out. I can't stop crying. I scoot down in the bed and hug up to his pillow when my phone beeps.

📱Hey, Navy it's Kash I just wanted to check on you.

📱Thanks for checking on my Kash I'm doing ok. I just got in bed.

📱Ok, I don't want to bother you. I'll see you tomorrow then.

📱Goodnight Kash.

📱Nite Navy