12🏍

I help her inside the house and she takes a seat in the reclining chair

"Don't you want to go upstairs and lay on the bed?" I ask.

"No, I'm good down here. When I lay in the bed it makes me miss Gavin even more." She said.

"How about you come lay on the couch and rest and I'll cover you up," I said.

"I can do that. If you want to nap you can go upstairs." She said.

"No, I'm good," I said helping her out of the chair. Once she laid down I covered her up and I stepped to her double doors and went outside to the backyard.

I sit down in a chair she had out there under a table. This yard really has potential and this is a nice pool but it needs a fence around it when the baby gets older.

I go to pull out a cigarette but remember I haven't had one in a month and I'd like to keep it that way. That's a hard habit to break.

I quietly step back into the house and Navy is still asleep on the couch. I walk over to the kitchen and get a water. I'm sure she doesn't mind before I sit in the chair near her.

I lean my head back and before you know it I've dozed off. I don't know how long I've been asleep but I wake up when I hear Navy making noises.

I find her in the doorway of the bathroom holding her stomach. "Ok that's it I'm calling Ivy. I didn't earlier because you wanted to sleep and seemed ok but I've changed my mind." I said.

"My phone is wherever you left it." She said.

I went to the bar and found it beside her bag and brought the phone back to her to unlock it.

When she did I called Ivy.

📞Hey Navy! What's up?

📞Ivy, it's Kash. Could you come to Navy's she's been having contractions and in pain most of the day and it seems worse now.

📞Unlock the door I'll be right there.

📞Thanks!

It wasn't even a few minutes later Ivy walked in with a guy I'm assuming is her boyfriend.

"Thanks for contacting me, Kash." She said.

"No problem she has me worried and thinks it's those fake contractions," I said.

"Hey man, I'm Desmond! Nice to meet you." He said shaking my hand.

"Nice to meet you as well. Navy has talked about you guys a lot." I said.

"Are you two?" He asks pointing between me and Navy.

"Oh umm no we met at a meeting and have become friends," I said.

"That's nice. You have awesome tattoos. I want a sleeve." Des said.

"I'm your guy. I own Everlasting Ink downtown." I said.

"Ivy told me because she wants one." He laughs.

"I can hook you up." I smile.

"Guys I think she's in actual labor and we need to get her to the hospital," Ivy said.

"I have my bag packed. It's in the baby's room on the dresser. Kash, would you mind grabbing it?" Navy asked.

"Sure I don't mind then we will get you in the Denali and off to the hospital," I said.

"Yes sir!" She smirked.

Once I grabbed the bag we got her loaded up and they jumped in their car and followed us to the hospital.

"Kash I can't have this baby tomorrow on Gavin's birthday." She cried.

"Oh man, I forgot it's his birthday. Well, look at it this way. Maybe Gavin planned it so the day wouldn't be full of sadness anymore." I said.

"That's a good way to think of it." She smiled before clutching her stomach.

"We are almost there," I said.

"Almost my ass. Oh god, I feel like I need to push." She said.

"Oh please don't. I don't know what to do Navy." I said driving a little faster.

She's hanging onto the dash and grunting and I'm just waiting for the baby to fall out.

"We are here hang on I'm going to get a nurse," I said jumping out of the car and running inside.

"I have a pregnant woman outside in labor," I said to the nurse behind the desk. She rushed out behind me with a wheelchair and when I opened the door Ivy was standing there talking to Navy.

We helped get Navy in the chair and inside and they take her right to a cubical to check her. I stay out in the waiting room and I'm pacing the room.

I'm not the father and I'm not sure if I should go in there or even if she wants me to go in there.

Ivy walks out and looks around. "Kash she wants you in the room."

"I wasn't sure where my place was," I said.

"I'm not sure on that either but she wants you in there now." She smiles and motions for Des to come as well.

They had just checked her when we walked back in. "So what's the news?" Ivy said.

"So apparently my water broke when I went to pee at the shop. I am in active labor but not dilated very far yet." She said.

"Well, I'm glad we brought you in then," Ivy said.

I'm just listening to them because I'm feeling awkward.

"Kash come over and take a seat." Navy smiled and that's all it took for me to feel better and I did as she asked.

"I have to get to work so if you need me have them page me," Ivy said.

"Yeah, and I need to get home and sleep," Des said.

"Thank you guys for coming and I will keep you updated. Kash, you can go as well if you want and take my car," she said.

"I'm not going anywhere. I'm here to hold your hand Navy." I smiled at her.