34🌹

Sunday was here and I was nervous for Brenda to come over

Sunday was here and I was nervous for Brenda to come over. I thought it would be better if Kash grilled out and Ivy and Des come over and we have a small get-together outside.

"It's going to be ok," Kash said walking up hugging me from behind.

"Thanks, I hope so. I'm sure she's just as nervous and I hope I made the right decision by letting you guys be here." I said turning around to face him.

Just as he kissed me Ivy swung the door open and stepped out. "Was I interrupting?" She smirked.

"No I had something in my eye and he helped me get it out," I said.

"Umm, sure if you say so." She said walking over to the umbrella table.

"I'm going to go upstairs and put Lanie in something cute while you guys start up the food," I said.

I changed Lanie into a cute little yellow outfit with duckies on it. Put a cute headband in her hair. "Well don't you look cute?" I smile and kiss her cheek.

As soon as I got to the top of the stairs the doorbell went off and Kash went to open the door. He invited Brenda in and I met them in the kitchen.

"Hi, Brenda! I'm glad you could come. I hope you don't mind that my three friends are here and we cooked a meal we can have out by the pool." I said.

"That sounds lovely dear. Can I meet this cutie first?" She asked.

"Of course you can. Brenda this is your granddaughter Lanie." I smile.

"My my she looks so much like Gavin doesn't she?" She smiled.

"She does. Would you like to hold her?" I smile.

"Of course I would." She said.

"Let's head outside and I will put her on your lap," I said walking out back.

"You have a lovely place here Navy," Brenda said sitting down.

"Thank you I really like it here. Gosh, where are my manners? This is my friend Kash and these are my neighbors Ivy and Desmond." I said as I put Lanie on her lap.

"It's nice to meet you all and thank you for giving me a second chance." She said.

"Everyone deserves a second chance Brenda and besides Lanie needs her grandma in her life," I said as we all gather around the table.

"So what's her middle name?" Brenda asked.

"Gwendolyn after my mom." I smile.

"That's lovely dear. So what do you all do?" She asked.

"I own a tattoo shop," Kash said.

"And I'm a nurse," Ivy said.

"I work on the physical therapy floor at the hospital," Des said.

"What about you Navy?" Brenda asks.

"I'm working at the tattoo shop. I'm doing the accounting part and scheduling tattoos." I said.

"What is Lanie doing while you are working?" She asked.

"She's staying with a lady from our group meetings that Kash and I go to," I said.

"That is where we met actually and Navy has been a great friend to me." Kash smiled.

"So you two nothing is going on?" She asked.

"No we are just best friends and he helps out a lot with Lanie," I said.

"Sorry I'm asking so many questions I just want in the loop and the more I think about it I'm happy you found friends and people you can lean on. Losing Gavin was hard for me and I know it's the same for you." She said.

"I appreciate you saying that Brenda. It's been very hard but I'm just putting one foot in front of the other and the group has really helped me. Maybe you should come with us sometime. Louise is very nice and helpful." I said.

"I may need to look into that because most days I'm not coping well and I'm sorry that I took it out of you Navy." She said.

"It's water under the bridge lets just move forward for Lanie's sake," I said as we finish eating.

"Ooh, I made an apple pie!" Des said.

"I'm glad Ivy didn't make it." I laugh.

"Haaay I know I can't cook." Ivy giggled.

Kash went to help Des dish out the pie and Brenda waits until they went in and she laughed. "Those two are very handsome."

"Brenda no you didn't!" I laugh.

"I know my man is handsome and that's why he's mine. Plus he's my baby daddy." She giggled holding her little stomach.

"Oh, you are pregnant? Congrats!" Brenda smiled.

When Des and Kash walked back out Lanie reach her little hands up for Kash saying dada.

Brenda's eyes got big but she handed Lanie off to him and didn't say anything.

"I can explain that Brenda," I said.

"It's fine honey I get it she sees him a lot and thinks he's daddy." She said.

"She does but I have pictures of Gavin in her room and when I rock her to sleep every night we look at his picture and I tell her stories. I don't ever not want her to know who her dad is or was." I said.

"I would like to see her room." She smiled.

"Kash you ok with Lanie?" I ask.

"Of course go ahead." He said bouncing Lanie.

I took her upstairs to Lanie's room and she smiled. "Its beautiful Navy." She smiled.

"Thank you! Kash helped me with the room and here are the pictures of Gavin I have in here. And of course, I gave her Gavin's last name if your wondering." I said.

"That's the cutest bear!" She smiled picking it up.

"Kash had that made for me. It's Gavin's shirt. I have one on my bed and well that's Lanie's." I smile.

"I love it! Ohh I have these for you." She said pulling the necklace out of her bag. It was a cute heart with dad on it. Then she handed me a box. "This is for you."

I opened it and it was a bracelet. "This is beautiful," I said.

"It has Gavin's ashes inside so you can wear him whenever you want to." She smiled with tears in her eyes.

I pulled her into a hug and we had a long cry together.