17🏍

While Navy was upstairs taking a shower I was holding Lanie

While Navy was upstairs taking a shower I was holding Lanie. I never thought this life was for me but I could see myself settling down at some point and have some kids.

I rocked her and sang a green day song to her. I had just hit the chorus when I looked up and Navy was standing in the doorway with her long hair wet hanging down her back.

"Why did you stop? You have a great voice and well I like green day." She giggled.

"If I wasn't holding a baby I would cuss." I laugh.

"I know you have this tough-looking exterior but I see it and well Lanie seems to bring it out in you." She said.

"Well don't tell anyone. I need to keep my tough exterior at my shop." I smile.

"Your secret is safe with me Kash." I smile sitting down.

"Don't you want to take her?" I ask.

"No I think I'll let you hold her I mean she seems content." She smirks.

"You just like seeing me, sweat woman." I laugh.

"I don't know you well enough to want to see you sweat Kash." She laughs.

"Hell didn't you see me sweating when you were in labor Navy?"

"No, I was a little busy myself birthing a human if you didn't notice." She laughed.

When she laughed her eyes lit up and her mouth turned up into a smile which I couldn't take my eyes off of.

There was a knock on the door and I watched as Navy went to answer it. "Hey come on in guys!" She said.

"Where is Lanie?" Ivy asked.

"She's in the living room with Kash." She smiled walking back to the living room and found Kash cradling Lanie in his arms.

"Well now, you're just spoiling her." Ivy laughed.

"Well, when her mother tells me to keep her I'm going to enjoy myself." I laugh.

"Well, Aunt Ivy wants a turn." She smiled.

I hand her off to Ivy and rest my arms for a few minutes.

I look outside and see Shorty back by the pool. "Excuse me guys but shorty is back," I said getting up.

"Thank him and get the amount so I can pay him, Kash." She said.

"Will do," I said heading outside. "Hey man, you didn't have to come back today," I said.

"Kash man I don't mind. I wanted to get started on this pool and well this poor grass needs mowed. Are you going to do it or what?" He asked.

"I hadn't thought about it but I told her I knew someone who cut grass. She said she would pay you." I said.

"Well, I brought my lawnmower just in case." He said just as Desmond walked out.

"Desmond this is Shorty. He's going to work on Navy's pool and cut her grass." I said.

"Really? I live next door think maybe you could cut my grass too? I'll be glad to pay you. I never have time the way I work." He said.

"Sure man I would love to. As soon as I get done here I'll take a look at your yard. I charge fifty a yard considering you guys don't have big yards." Shorty said.

"Oh yeah, that sounds great. Just let me know when to pay." Desmond said.

We walked back inside and he couldn't wait to tell Ivy he didn't have to cut grass any longer. I look over at Navy and shes smirking listening to Desmond so excited.

"Can I hold Lanie now hog?" Desmond said to Ivy.

"Good grief I guess so even though you called me a hog." Ivy laughs.

I walk outside with Navy as she surveys what Shorty is doing. "So how much is this going to cost me?" She asked.

"The grass fifty bucks but the chemicals are on me," I said.

"I can pay for them, Kash." She said.

"I know but I'm the one who pushed to get the pool cleaned," I said.

"Then I guess I have to let you swim in my pool whenever you want." She smiles.

I'm hooked on her smile. Her whole face lights up when she smiles and her eyes don't look sad.

I put my hands in my pockets and smile at her. "Just tell me to go home when you get tired of me," I said.

"Oh, Kash!" She laughed smacking my arm. "I have enjoyed your company and help. It's been very lonely since Gavin you know and well anyways I just want to thank you." She said.

"It's been a pleasure. I feel like I just infiltrated your life and now Lanie's life too." I smile.

"Thanks for being such a great friend Kash. I don't know many people that would hold a woman's hand while giving birth and not really knowing her." She laughed.

When she tossed her head back to laugh I couldn't help but look at the skin on her neck and how I would love to place kisses there. I try to shake out of my thoughts when she talks about how a pool will be nice.

"Kash, are you listening?" She asked.

"Sorry I was thinking of how blue that water is going to be." I smile trying to not think of her in a bathing suit.

"Why don't you go get your book from your office and maybe bring us some food back and I'm going to bathe Lanie." She said.

"I can do that," I said.

"I mean if you want to Kash."

"Oh, I want to Navy. I don't think you are going to be able to get rid of me." I laughed.

"Grab my keys off the counter or it may take you a while to get the book and food." She laughed.

"Oh yeah, I forgot I drove you to the hospital and I have no vehicle here. Well, I'll be back soon. Call if you need me." I smile.

"I think we will be ok until you get back." She smiled at me.