23🏍

I get the tattoos done that I needed to and told Dom I was taking off

I get the tattoos done that I needed to and told Dom I was taking off. When I checked on Navy earlier she was weird and short with me. I figured she was just tired.

I stopped by home and talked to my dad and told him where I have been and that I want him to meet Navy and Lanie soon. My dad just smiled at me.

I was going to stay home tonight but with the way, Navy was acting I have to go back to make sure she's ok.

I pull up and park my bike in the driveway and head to the side door. I figure she's in the living room and she can see me and let me in.

When I knock on the door she jumps and then smiles getting up unlocking the door. "You scared me, Kash!" She laughed.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to ring the doorbell and wake up Lanie if she was sleeping. You looked like you were deep in my book." I smile.

"Oh, it's bad Kash. It keeps getting worse the further along I get. I'm now up to August. I would have never dreamed your shop does that well that you wouldn't miss this money." She said.

"Don't tell me yet. But tell me what was up when I called you earlier? Something was off." I said.

She pats the seat beside me and told me what happened this morning.

"That bitch. What gives her the right? And who cares what she thinks about me. Of course, she jumped to a conclusion. No one believes me that we are just friends." I said.

"Yeah Ivy doesn't really believe me either but I told Brenda to fuck off and leave me alone." She said.

I scooted over closer to her on the couch and wrapped my arm around her. "It's ok I'm not going to let her hurt you more than she already has."

"She kept saying it was my fault and Gavin would be alive if I didn't make him stop at the store." She said looking up at me with tears in her eyes. I wiped the tears away and was about to speak when she continued.

"I didn't ask him to stop Kash! He called and said he was going to stop for a few things did I need anything and I said yeah pasta. He was going to stop regardless." She cries.

I held her tighter against me and let her cry on my chest. I rubbed my fingers through her hair and gently rubbed her back and she got really quiet and that's when I realized she fell asleep.

I sit there and held her for so long just staring out in space. I know I could make her happy and treat her like she should be treated. Why can't she have a second chance at love?

Love is something I never thought I wanted or kids but these two mean a lot to me. More than I thought they would when I met Navy at the support group.

Lanie cries and Navy jumps up and looks at me and realizes she cried herself to sleep. "Kash I'm sorry I didn't mean to." She said.

"Navy it's ok. Sometimes we just need human contact and you can cry on me anytime." I smile watching her go pick up Lanie.

"Thank you! Talking to Brenda just brought up bad memories. I mean the woman was always nice to me so I don't understand. Maybe she was faking all this time. She acted like she was excited when Gavin told her I was pregnant." She shrugged.

"People change and I know that's a hard pill to swallow but you have us now and you don't need her," I said as she comes to sit back down with Lanie.

I went got the blanket for her so that she could feed Lanie. I sit back down beside her and it was quiet and all you could hear was Lanie sucking. It was driving me nuts because I wanted to suck on it too.

I stood up and excused myself to the bathroom. I know she's grieving but is she oblivious to how I look at her?  It's only been a few months and there is no way she's ready to move on with me or anyone else. But I want it to be me. "Fuck." I whisper as I walk back out into the kitchen.

"Hey, Navy are you hungry?" I ask as I walk back into the living room and she's burping Lanie.

"Yeah, I could eat. Pick something I can buy." She said.

"Hell no, I won't let you buy. How about pizza?" I ask.

"Sounds good to me." She smiles as she holds Lanie in her arms and smiles at her tapping her little chubby cheeks.

I walk back over and sit down beside her. "Let me hold Lanie bug!" I said.

She passes her over to me and as soon as Lanie sees me she smiles and raises up her fingers and I pretend to nibble on them.

"Thank you for being so good to us Kash. I'm glad that I went to that meeting." She smiled.

"I'm glad you came to that meeting as well. I didn't realize I needed this in my life." I laugh.

The doorbell goes off and  Navy jumps up and heads to the door. "I already paid so it won't work." I laugh.

"Damn you, Kash! Well, I can tip them at least." She said opening the door and talking to the delivery guy.

"I got beer would you like one? I mean I can't drink them obviously but you can." She laughed.

"Sure that would be nice," I said rocking Lanie as she goes back to sleep. When Navy walks in the room with the beer and pizza box and I put Lanie in her bassinet and kiss her forehead.

"Do you want to go outside and sit and start a fire in the pit?" She asked.

"I was about to ask that myself. Let's go." I smile at her.