5🌹

The next morning Ivy and I decided to go to the beach and enjoy the day since she was off

"So how have those meetings been going?" She asked.

"They have been helpful. I know I'm not the only person grieving." I said as she helped me sit down on the beach towel.

"That's good for you Navy. It's easy for us to say we are sorry and we know when we really don't." She said.

"I have made a friend in the group," I said.

"Oh you have why didn't you invite her to the beach?" She asked.

"Because it's not a her." I laugh.

"Oh, you met a guy?" She smirked.

"Not like that but yes his name is Kash and he owns a tattoo shop and so not someone I would normally talk to but he's very nice," I said.

"Is his last name Ryan?" She asked.

"I'm not sure I just know his first name and that his brother died a year ago," I said.

"Well, it's always nice to have another friend." She smirked.

"I'm nowhere near ready to move on. Who knows if I ever will be." I said.

"Well, it doesn't hurt to make friends even if it's a guy." She said.

"Yeah, I hope he's not talking to me and taking me to eat so that he can get in my pants," I said.

"Wait he took you to eat?" She asked.

"Yeah, a little diner across from where the support group gathers," I said.

"Did he buy your dinner?" She asked.

"Yeah, he did. He was a perfect gentleman." I said putting my sunglasses on and laying back on my towel.

"I'm not judging you can do whatever you want and if you like him so be it." She said.

"I like him he's nice and cute but I'm just not over Gavin and what we had," I said.

"Sounds like Gavin is the total opposite of this guy," Ivy said.

"Yeah, he even rides a motorcycle." I laugh.

"Why is that funny?" She asked.

"Because Gavin called them death traps and would never have ridden on one of those." I laugh.

"Now that's funny." She giggled.

I grabbed my stomach just as the baby kicked hard. "Dang that hurt!" I said.

"What's it feels like?" She asked.

"Give me your hand," I said placing her hand on my stomach when the baby kicks again.

"Oh my god does that hurt really bad?" She asked.

"Sometimes yeah it does," I said

"You didn't want to know what you were having?" Ivy asked.

"I did and Gavin didn't. He even picked the names so I'm going to stick with those I guess. If a boy Gavin Jr. and if a girl Lanie Gwendolyn." I said.

"I love the names." Ivy smiled.

"I do need a good ob-gyn doctor. Do you know of any?" I ask.

"Yes! My mom works for one. Doctor Swartz." She said.

"Oh, I will have to call and make an appointment," I said.

"Let me call my mom I can make one for you. Do you care what day or time?" She asked.

"No, I don't mind at all," I said.

I listened as Ivy talked to her mom. "So I got you an appointment tomorrow at 10 am." She said.

"Wow, that's fast." I smiled.

"You can follow me if you want. I will be heading to work around that time and I can show you where to go." She said.

"Thank you so much. That's very nice of you."

We stayed another hour at the beach before packing up and heading to an ice cream shop. My bladder was about to burst so I excused myself before heading back to the line where Ivy was standing.

I was deciding on a flavor when someone whispered next to my ear. "Superman is my favorite."

I turned around and saw Kash smiling. "God, you scared me!" I laugh.

"Sorry I didn't mean to. How did you find out about this place?" He asked.

"Oh, my friend brought me," I said just as Ivy turned around. "Ivy this is Kash. Kash this is my friend and neighbor Ivy." I said.

"Nice to meet you." He smiled.

Ivy looked at me and smirked and tried not to smile. "So what are you doing here Kash?" I ask.

"Came for an ice cream before my next client shows up." He said.

"Is your shop around here?" I asked after we ordered.

"Yeah right across the road." He pointed.

"Oh cool, maybe I can check out those books now that I know where you are located." I smile.

We get our ice cream and he walks over with us to the table and pulls out my chair but he doesn't sit down. "I gotta get back to the shop but stop by when you're done if you want." He said and smiled before walking out.

"Well damn. He's a hot tamale!" Ivy laughed.

"He's very nice to talk to Ivy," I said licking my Superman ice cream.

"Yeah, he's the kind you read about in those dirty stories that arent exactly hallmarks movies." She laughed.

"How do you know?" I laugh.

"I've read a few and they are something else. But I have my hot boyfriend at home." She smiled.

"Desmond is easy on the eyes." I laugh.

"Bitch don't be looking at my man." She laughed which caused me to laugh too.

"I was paying you a compliment that you know how to pick them." I laugh.

"Oh ok, then thats acceptable." She laughed.

We finished our ice cream and Ivy grabbed my arm. "Come on we are going to check out his shop." She said.

"Really? Now?" I ask.

"He said come over after the ice cream. Maybe I can talk Des into letting me get one." She laughed.

"I told him I would like one after I have the baby. But tell me why does he talk to me I'm fat." I said.

"No your not fat! Your pregnant." She said as we walked in the door and we were like fish out of water.

" She said as we walked in the door and we were like fish out of water