46🌹

We most definitely got a lot done in that month preparing for Lanie's first birthday today

I'm mixed with emotions again. The first anniversary of Gavin's death was hard for me but I didn't dwell on it.

Kash made it such an easy day for me. He took me back up to the waterfall and we had a picnic and just relaxed in each other's arms.

This morning we have been busy. Ivy is over and Des and Kash are hanging up balloons and decorating outside.

Ivy's belly is getting big and I'm so excited for her. I'm not letting her do much but help put out food.

People were starting to come over and were gathered in the backyard. I excused myself and headed upstairs for a second to get a breather.

In my head, I told Gavin happy birthday and kissed my bracelet and looked at myself in the mirror, and headed back downstairs.

I saw Kash holding Lanie while she was giggling saying, Dada! Shorty was playing peek-a-boo with her. I smiled when I approached them.

"Hey, Lanie thanks for inviting me over," Shorty said.

"Of course! You are a part of the family Shorty even though I don't know your real name." I laugh.

"I hate it but it's William." He shrugged.

"I won't breath a word." I smile and patted him on the arm. As I was heading outside someone knocked and I opened the door and it was Brenda. She had a gift in one hand and a big bowl in another hand.

"Hey! Come on in." I said taking the bowl out of her hands. "Is this macaroni salad?" I smile.

"Of course! I know that you like it. I wanted to contribute something." She smiled.

"Well come on in and meet everyone!" I said sitting the food on the bar area and walked over to Kash.

"Hey, Brenda! Want to hold the birthday girl?" Kash asked.

"You know I do." She smiled.

"Come on outside and I'll introduce you to everyone." He said following her outside.

Ivy walks over to me at the bar and smirks. "You can lie until your blue in the face but I know that you two have something going on." She smiled.

"I won't lie to you any longer Ivy. We have been doing things for a few months now and I really like him." I smile.

"I knew it!! Well, I'm happy for the both of you." She smiled and bumped hips with me.

"I didn't want to say anything because I was trying to come to terms with how I felt and how I was feeling guilty about Gavin and it hadn't been that much time," I said.

"The way he can't take his eyes off of you we just knew. Now, let's go have a party." Ivy said.

We headed outside with the rest of the food and all of us gathered around to present Lanie with her smash cake. Then we will blow out the candle on her ladybug cake.

I sit down and Kash puts her on my lap to smash the cake. We all sing happy birthday to Lanie and she claps her hands together and smiles.

She puts her little hands in the cake and giggles before putting it to her mouth and everyone claps.

After we all eat some got in the pool and I sit on the side of the pool and put my legs in the water while Kash was in the water holding Lanie and she loved it.

Brenda bought her a floaty for in the pool. Des is pushing her around in it now that Kash has gotten out and walked over to sit beside me.

"How are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm good Kash." I smile.

"I like seeing you happy and smiling Navy." He smiled over at me and I leaned in and kissed him.

He looked shocked when I looked back at him. "Ivy knows and honestly I don't care who knows. I love you Kash and have for a while now." I smile at him.

He leans over and kisses me again. "I love you too Navy." He smirks.

"It's about damn time!" Hoss said and everyone clapped.

I laugh and look over at Kash and he holds my hand. "We just said we love each other and it's been coming for a while for me." He smiles.

"Same for me but I don't want to disrespect Gavin and what he meant to me," I said.

"Honey Gavin would only want you to be happy and I see how Kash is with you and Lanie and I know he loves you both and that's all I can ask for," Brenda said.

I wipe the tears from my eyes... "Thank you so much, Brenda."

"You're more than welcome Navy." She smiled.

I leaned over and put my head on Kash's shoulder and smiled watching Lanie giggling in the water with Hoss, Dom, Ivy, and Des.

I can't believe my little girl is one year old. I have thought of Gavin but I have been more focused on making Lanie's day special.

"I'm going to go help Brenda clean up and get everyone food gathered up to take home. Will you be ok to watch Lanie?" I ask.

"I'm more than ok with it." He smiled and leaned over for another kiss.

I help Brenda bring all the food inside and start making plates for everyone to take home when she walks over next to me and hugs me from the side.

"I really am happy for you Navy. I know I was a crazy bitch at first but I think everyone deserves a second chance and I'm glad you are getting yours at love." She smiled.

"I appreciate that Brenda. It's just been recently that I stopped feeling so guilty. If he kissed me I felt bad and I couldn't even sleep in the same bed that I shared with Gavin. It's been really hard." I said choking up.

"It's ok honey. I understand and I'll always be here for you." Brenda said.

"Thank you! Lanie and I both appreciate it." I smile.