19🏍

Lanie only woke us up twice

Lanie only woke us up twice. It felt nice to be useful but I am in no way trying to take Gavin's place.

I was eating some leftover pizza when Navy came downstairs carrying Lanie. "Good morning!"

"Morning Kash! I like your way of thinking for breakfast." She smiled.

I hurried up and finished my piece of pizza. "Let me hold her while you eat," I said.

I held Lanie and she smiled which melted my heart. I looked up and Navy was smiling.

Do you feel like getting out of the house today? I wasn't sure if you would be able to." I said.

"Oh, I'm not sure if I can or not. I'm still pretty sore." She said.

"Well, I was thinking about that table set and fire pit. Maybe you can pick something online and I'll go pick it up since you cant go." I said.

"I can do that. I love to shop online." She laughed.

After breakfast, we went to the living room and she was looking at things on her phone. I sit down beside her while holding Lanie to get a look.

I know I was in her personal space but I couldn't see the screen of the phone so my face was close to hers and it was all I could do not to kiss her.

She looks over at me and smiles and I bite my bottom lip to try and not take action on what I want to do to her.

I watch as her eyes follow down to my lips as I bite harder on it before I look down at Lanie. "Umm, I'm going to put her in the bassinet if that's ok?" I ask.

"Sure Kash that is fine she is asleep and will probably be out a couple of hours." She said.

"Let's step outside and have a look at the area so we can get a measurement of what you want to get," I said.

"Sounds good." She said as we both look back at Lanie before stepping outside the door.

"What do you think of this one?" She asks handing me her phone.

"I think that would be perfect and fire pit?" I ask.

"How about this one?" She shows me.

"That will work out great as well. Maybe I should text Shorty to come to help me. He has a truck and he can take me to go get my bike or car." I said.

"Sounds fine with me Kash. I appreciate you helping me so much. I don't really have anything to give you." She smiled.

"Friendship is enough but maybe a hug can make it even." I laugh.

"You want to hug me?" She asked.

"Yeah, sometimes I think people need a good hug." I smile.

She places her hand on my arm and the warmness of it makes goosebumps pop up on my skin. I place my hand on her hip as she moves closer to me.

She wraps her arms around me and I wrap my arms around her back and pull her closer and hug her tight.

Her face is buried in my shirt and it feels damn good. I place my chin on top of her head. "How does this feel?"

"It feels great Kash. You are right sometimes a hug can make you feel better. Let's agree to hug at least once a day. Wait at least every time we see each other. It's not like you are moving in." She laughs.

"Yeah, my dad is probably wondering where I have been," I said.

"Oh, he lives with you?" She asked pulling back to look up at me.

"Yeah he and Morgan moved in with me the year before Morgan died and my dad is getting older and he just can't be alone so he continues to live with me," I said.

"That's nice of you Kash." She smiled up at me. Her face was even closer to mine and I lick my lips and her eyes watch me.

I'm not sure if she's just watching me or if she wants me to kiss her but I can't ruin what we have. I've come to care too much about her and Lanie already.

When we released I told her I would text Shorty and get this going. He said he would be by shortly to pick me up.

We walked back inside and Lanie was still asleep in the bassinet. We sit down on the couch together and she took it slowly. I know she has to hurt I mean she did birth a watermelon.

"How are you feeling?" I ask her.

"Sore as hell but if she stays asleep while your gone I'll work on your book if you wouldn't mind handing it to me." She smiled.

"Wait where is your sticky pad and pen?" I laugh.

"In my purse, if you don't mind to get it off the bar." She smiled.

"You don't have to work on this now you know," I said.

"I know Kash but I want to while you are gone."

"Alright if you're sure. I don't know how all those numbers don't drive you crazy because just opening it makes me nuts." I laugh.

"That's why you had someone taking a lot of money. Does the guy live around here?" She asked.

"Last I heard he skipped town but I know a few people that might know where he is," I said sitting down beside her.

I watched as she dug her sticky notes and pen out of her purse. She tucked her legs under her and opened the book.

I looked over at Lanie and she was knocked out still. "Is there anything else you need while I'm out?"

"No, I think I'm good. I really appreciate you even doing this Kash."

"It's no problem. I'll be back as soon as I can." I said.

"Don't rush we will be just fine. I have something to keep me busy if she doesn't." She laughed.