32🌹

Ivy put Lanie to bed for me

Ivy put Lanie to bed for me. I was in no shape to process what was going on. I stayed in the bathroom forever with Kash's arms around me.

I went up to bed and he went to check on Lanie to make sure she was ok. Once I was in bed Kash knocked on the door. "Can I come in?"

"Of course Kash," I said pulling the covers up my legs.

"Why don't you just call the woman and see what she wanted? What's the worst that could happen?" He said.

"You know your right what's the worst that could happen?" I said grabbing my phone off the table beside the bed.

I click on Brenda's name and listen for it to ring.

📞Hello?

📞Brenda, it's Navy. Can you tell me why you were at my neighbor's house earlier today with an Urn?

📞I was hoping if I brought Gavin around that you would let me see my granddaughter.

📞Just showing up at my house is not a way to go about it, Brenda. Did you not think to call me and ask if you could see Lanie would go over better?

📞I didn't really think about it. I just want to meet her and I thought bringing Gavin would be a peace offering.

📞Were you intending on letting me keep the urn Brenda?

📞No, but I did buy a necklace and had his ashes put in it for Lanie when she gets older. I would be glad to give her and I have something for you too.

📞How about we set a date that you can drop by and meet Lanie?

📞I would like that a lot Navy and I'm sorry I have been crazy since Gavin died. But I miss you and I just want to say I'm sorry.

📞I appreciate that Brenda. I am working now so we would have to do it on a Sunday that's my free day. Just let me know when you can make it.

📞This Sunday works for me if you can do it. I'm excited.

📞Sounds good. Come around 2 pm. I'll see you then Brenda.

📞Thank you again, Navy. Goodbye.

I hang up the phone and look over at Kash and he's smiling.

"I told you it wouldn't hurt and I'm glad you worked it out and I would be glad to be here if you want me to be." He said.

"I think that would be nice. We can go outside by the pool." I said.

"Now are you feeling better?" He asked moving closer to me in the bed.

"I am and to hear that she had a necklace with Gavin's ashes in it for Lanie means a lot to me. Something she can have when she's older." I said wiping my eyes.

"I'm happy for you Navy. Come on lay down and let's rest our eyes before Lanie wakes us up." He yawned.

Before I could settle in bed Lanie starts crying. As I go to get out of the bed Kash grabs my arm lightly. "I got her you just rest." He said getting up.

I watched as he walked out the door and I closed my eyes. Tears pour down my face as I think about having Brenda back in my life will still give me a piece of Gavin to hold on to. I just hope she doesn't come in here being a bitch and I have to make her leave.

I'm glad that Kash will be here with me to bridge the gap and maybe help us to find something to talk about.

I roll over on my back and smile. Even though my life was turned upside down I am happy that I have Kash and Ivy and Des in my life now. Plus Louise and now April not counting crazy Hoss and Dom.

When I turn back over he was walking back in the door. "So I fed her and changed her diaper and she's back to sleep."

"Thank you for doing that Kash. I feel drained and sleepy." I yawn.

"Get some sleep I just wanted to tell you that she is ok." He said walking back toward the door.

"Kash wait!" I said sitting up in the bed.

He walked over to where I was and sit on the side of the bed.

"I just wanted to say thank you for everything and mostly just being a best friend a girl could ask for." I smile.

"One that has kissing benefits." He grinned.

"Oh yeah, that too," I said grabbing his shirt and pulling him close to me as our lips touched.

Once Kash left and headed back downstairs I turned over and cut off the light. How can I be attracted to this man and kiss him and keep feeling guilty?

I know Gavin is no longer here and I can't hang on to that when I have a man basically standing in front of me that wants more with me.

I close my eyes and fall asleep dreaming of Kash's lips on mine.

When I wake up the next morning and realize it's 9 am I jump up out of the bed and go pee and head to Lanie's room.

I find her in her bed asleep. I lean over the crib and run my fingers through her hair.

Kash walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me. "She's fine. I fed her and changed her diaper and she went back to sleep."

"But Kash we need to be at the shop," I said turning around.

"I don't have anyone to tattoo until after lunch so we are fine." He said.

I turned around and melted into his arms in a big hug. I like the way his hugs make me feel.

I smile up at him and he kisses my lips gently as he brushes my hair out of my face.

"I'm going to go shower and get ready before she wakes up," I said.

"Sounds like a good idea. I'll listen for her to wake up." He smiled.