13🌹

I'm glad Kash stayed

I'm glad Kash stayed. I didn't really want to do this alone. I can't help but tear up thinking how excited Gavin would be.

I closed my eyes and tried to focus on Gavin's face but I couldn't. I could feel the tears leaking out of my eyes and down my face.

I felt Kash squeeze my hand and when I opened my eyes his blue eyes were staring back at me. "Hey, it's going to be ok Navy." He said.

"Kash... If you don't want to be here you can leave. I mean this isn't your baby and you didn't ask for this." I said.

"I know I didn't but that's what friends are for and I'll be here for you for as long as you need me." He said as he moved my hair off my forehead and tucked it behind my ear.

They wouldn't let me eat but they brought me flavored ice chips which helped a little and a couple of times they come to check me Kash went to look out the window and turned his back. I had dilated to a three but it was going to be a long night.

"Kash why don't you go get you something to eat," I said.

"No, I'm ok right now. But I'll take some of those grape ice chips though." He laughed.

"They taste pretty good actually." I smile handing him the cup.

A couple of hours passed by and I didn't feel like I was progressing at all and I was worried about the baby coming on Gavin's birthday but like Kash said I would have something to be happy about not sad about this day. Lanie or Gavin jr is on their way.

I looked over at Kash and he was looking at the tv and watching whatever was playing. The sound was down so we couldn't hear it.

The nurse came back in again and checked me and I had made it up to a four and I was starting to get uncomfortable and the contractions were getting stronger but I was trying to hold out.

Kash turns back around "So tell me about Gavin. How did you two meet?"

"We met in high school. We had a few classes together in the ninth grade but didn't actually get together until the eleventh grade. Then we were inseparable. We even went to college together and moved in together right away even though my parents didn't like it." I laughed.

"Where are your parents?" He said.

"My dad I have no clue he left when I was young but my mom and stepdad passed away in a car accident when I was eighteen," I said.

"Oh man, I'm sorry that sucks you had to go through that loss and now here again." He said.

"Yeah I didn't think I would ever get over losing them but Gavin is a completely different story," I said just as another pain hit me.

Kash jumped up and held my hand as I breathed through it. The pain kept getting worse and worse and when the nurse came back in she said that I could have an epidural that I was now at six centimeters.

"Ok, dad we need you to hold onto her while we insert the epidural." The nurse said.

I looked at Kash and smiled hoping he would just hold my hands.

He smiles and grabs ahold of my hands and once the epidural was in he leaned in and kissed my forehead. "You did really well. I don't think I could be so calm with that in my back." He laughed.

"That's nothing when I think about the watermelon that's about to make an appearance." I laugh.

Ivy walks back in to check on me and was happy that Kash was still there. "So how's it going?" She asked.

"Much better now that I got the epidural. Kash helped me to hold still." I said.

"Yeah they think I'm the dad but we didn't correct them," Kash said.

"Yeah it doesn't matter as long as your comfortable." She said.

"Will they ask me to cut the umbilical cord?" Kash asked.

"Maybe so." Ivy laughed and I just looked at Kash with big eyes.

"Oh well, first time for everything." He said squeezing my hand.

A while after Ivy left the nurse came back in to check me again and this time it was Ivy's mom.

"Oh, Janet I'm glad it's you! I was wondering if you were working tonight." I said.

"I was on the other side of the floor but Ivy told me that you were here." She smiled.

"Well, I'm glad that you are here." I smile.

"Well it looks like you at a nine so hopefully it won't be too much longer until you are ready to go." She smiled.

"Thanks, Janet!" I said chewing on my ice still."

When she walks out of the room Kash asked who that was. "Oh, that's Ivy's mom," I said.

Kash stands up and walks around the room and goes to the bathroom and comes back and sits down. His phone rang and he talked to the person for a few minutes but didn't tell where he was.

"I'm sorry my dad called. I'm usually home by this time and I hadn't made it and he worried." Kash said.

"That's very sweet of your dad. Is your mom still around?" I ask.

"No, she was a crack whore when she had me and turned into a prostitute and was killed by her pimp when I was four my dad said." He said.

"Wow, Kash that is horrible I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't be. I didn't know her and my dad has been a hell of a father." He said sitting back down beside me.

Time passed by and once the clock struck twelve I couldn't help but get sad knowing Gavin would forever be twenty-six. I'm glad Kash is here but he's not Gavin.