68🌹

The next morning Ivy had arranged for us to go meet her friend that makes cakes

The next morning Ivy had arranged for us to go meet her friend that makes cakes. It's about an hour away in Oak Island and Kash agreed to watch Lanie and Des is coming over with Junie.

"I really appreciate you watching Lanie so I can go and pick out our cake. Any certain flavor you want me to not get Kash?"

"Umm, I really don't like red velvet." He said.

"But anything else goes?" I asked wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Yes, I'm good with anything else." He said kissing my lips.

I walked over kissed Lanie who was sitting in her high chair and headed over to Ivy's.

She insisted on driving her Jetta and I'm all for riding.

"I'm so excited!" She said.

"So how do you know this friend?" I asked.

"Oh, I met her years back when I was a kid and my parents used to bring me to the beach. My grandparents used to live near and we would go to this place for amazing cookies." She said.

We jammed to the radio and sang to the top of our lungs laughing the whole way.

When we pulled up I saw the place and read the sign. "Cookie Grounds? This is a cute place."

"And the food is amazing. Come on let's go in she's probably waiting." Ivy said.

We walked inside and the cookie goodness smell just envelopes you and you want a bite of everything.

A lady walked out smiling and hugged Ivy. "Navy this is Remi Reece the best cook and cake maker I know" Ivy smiled.

"Nice to meet you Remi! I've heard such good things about you!" I smiled.

"Nice to meet you too. You guys come over to a table and we will get started and you can look through pictures and of cakes I've made." She said.

She brought out slice after slice of cake for us to try and even a few cookies.

"Omg Ivy this tastes like heaven. Have a bite!" I giggle shoving the fork in her face.

"Oh god! I really like that one." She laughed.

"That is coconut cream. I think this is the one but I want a dozen of these strawberry cookies to go." I laugh.

When Remi walked back over I showed her what I wanted and the flavor and she gave us a bunch of cookies but I still ordered a dozen strawberry ones.

"Take this home to your fiancée to make sure he likes the taste of the coconut cream and if you need to change anything just call ok?" Remi said.

"Thank you so much and I appreciate you taking time for us," I said.

"Oh, it's no problem I make everyone's cakes around here. It started with my sister-in-law Avah and then my daughter got married and then my niece and the word spread and I'm making more now than ever." She laughed.

"So we were thinking in maybe 2-3 weeks is that doable for you?" I asked

"Of course I can have it made and delivered to whatever address you provide." She smiled.

"Remi we are a hours drive away," I said.

"It doesn't matter. Ivy and I go way back and Hunter is up for the drive I'm sure. Thanks for coming in." She smiled.

"No thank you for everything." I smiled as we headed back to Ivy's car.

"She was so nice!" I said.

"Oh, the whole family is awesome. Even though I'm her daughter's age I've met them all." Ivy said backing out of the parking lot.

"Well, I'm excited. Do you think we can pull this off in 2-3 weeks?" I ask.

"Of course Navy! Let's head to the bridal shop and find you a dress. Since it will be outside then you might not want all the frills just something pretty."

"Oh, Ivy you know me so well!" I giggle.

We make it back to town an hour later and walk into the bridal shop and Ivy tells them what we are looking for and the lady leads us right in the direction and I found a couple I liked.

I tried each one on and the last one I put on was the one and it didn't even need to be sized it was a perfect fit.

Once back in her car we decided that now that I have the dress we picked the date and she made a call to Remi.

When we pulled up at the house the garage door was open and Kash and Des were out near the bike and Lanie was in a playpen playing with toys and Junie was asleep in her carrier.

"Hey, guys!" I smile walking over and picking Lanie up and sugaring her with kisses.

"Did you get what you need?" Kash asked.

I smile over at him... "Oh yes I did and I even brought a piece of the wedding cake for you to try and some cookies."

"Oh, I can't wait." He smiled.

I put Lanie back in the playpen and told him about already having my dress as well.

Ivy walked back out. "I put your dress in my hall closet. Kash, you can't be seeing it." She laughed.

"I won't peek promise." He grinned.

God, I love that face and he's as excited as me. "So the cake is being made and I have my dress just need flowers and a few items so we can get married in two weeks on May 7th."

"Well, I'm ready even if you say tomorrow but I do need to go back and get the rest of our rings." He said.

Des picked up Junie's carrier and we said our goodbyes.

Kash picked up Lanie and we went inside. He ordered Chinese while I bathed Lanie and put on her nightclothes.

By the time we made it back downstairs the food had arrived and we gathered around the table to stuff our faces.

"I missed you today." I smiled.

"I missed you too Navy." He said leaning over for a kiss.