29🏍

Later that evening we headed to the group with Lanie

Later that evening we headed to the group with Lanie. All the members love when we bring her.

Navy asked Louise about her daughter and babysitting Lanie. Louise gave Navy April's number so that she can set something up.

I'm excited to have her at work daily. I've been trying to stay home some so my dad isn't lonely but he likes that I have some people that I care about.

My dad knows all too well how I feel about Navy and I'm not regretting it.

We all sit down in the group and Lanie wanted me so Navy handed her over. Tonight's group was a little different. People were asking more about Lanie and what Navy tells her about her dad because they hear Lanie call me dada.

"Louise was kind enough to have made a couple of bears made out of Gavin's shirts and I have a picture of Gavin in her room and the bear I keep in her crib and I tell her about him all the time," Navy said.

"Actually I tell her about Gavin as well but if she wants to call me dada I'm ok with that. I mean she doesn't have many men in her life." I said.

One older lady speaks up... "Everyone wants to know but won't ask. Are you two a couple?" She smiles real big.

"No, we are best friends. I've never been friends with a woman but I think I picked a great one." I smile over at Navy.

"If I was fifty years younger I would be in your pants playing with your snake." The older lady laugh.

"Oh my god! Gladys that's enough. Now enough questions for them. Just enjoy that they are here with that beautiful baby and let's continue to share." Louise said.

"I'd like to share again," I said.

"Go ahead Kash we are all ears." Louise smiled.

"I will never forget Morgan or what he meant to me. But once I had something else to focus on the grief has let up a little bit. "I am constantly busy with this little one and spending time with Navy that I haven't had time to cry lately and I think that Morgan would be happy for me."

"That's wonderful!" Louise smiled.

"Even my dad has perked up when Lanie is around. He's always wanted to be a grandfather and even though this one isn't blood it doesn't matter he loves her as if she was and she's brought purpose back into his life." I smile over at Navy.

"I have been on my own since I was eighteen when my mom and stepdad got killed in an automobile accident so it's nice to have people care about me. Kash and his dad and even his employees not counting my neighbors. Life has gotten better for me. I still miss Gavin more than anything but every day it's getting better to cope with." Navy said.

Everyone claps! "You two have given us all a little hope in life again. "When I lost my husband I didn't think I could go on but I knew I had to live for April and now I help her babysit and I get to see all these little kids like Lanie and it makes my heart feel a little better," Louise said.

Once the group wraps up everyone walks around to see Lanie and wave bye to her. Lanie moves her little hand back and forth while she clings to me.

Louise asked us to stay over that April was on her way down. She wanted us to meet her. I think it makes Navy feel better that Louise will be helping. She's never been away from Lanie.

I'm talking to one of the older gentlemen that comes here that lost his wife and look over and see Navy talking to a woman that looks like Louise so I'm guessing that's April.

I excuse myself and walk over with Lanie. "So this here is little Lanie bug! She's adorable." April said.

"Thank you! She's used to me and Kash of course but I'm going to be starting work soon and I need someone to keep her from like 8-5 daily." Navy said.

"Oh, I would love to watch her. I only watch two kids right now. But I usually watch around five as long as my mom helps." She said.

"How soon can you watch her?" I ask.

"Whenever you need. We watch them out of my house but I live next door to mother and you guys can come by and take a look anytime you want." April said.

"Why don't you guys come on by now and take a look. It won't take long and you don't have to stay long. Maybe see how Lanie gets along with April." Louise said.

"Sounds good to me if Navy is up for it," I said.

"Yeah sounds good let's go." Navy smiles.

I buckle Lanie in her seat and we head over to April's. They don't even live five minutes from here.

We go inside and talk with Louise while April and Lanie get acquainted. I watch them interact and Lanie is giggling and playing with a baby doll. April is on the floor with her playing along.

"I think I have seen all I need to. Lanie likes April and I feel comfortable with this because we know you so well Louise." Navy said.

"Well, it's settled then, dear. Just bring her by in the morning and if you can't be here by five then call or text and we don't mind keeping her longer." Louise said smiling.

April brought Lanie over to Navy. Navy hugged her tight and kissed her face. "Let's go bug." She said before handing her over to me so we could buckle her in her car seat.

On the way home we stopped by the diner and went in for a late diner but Patty was so excited to see Lanie that she forgot to take our order.

"Patty we are hungry." Navy giggles.