55🏍

We eat pizza and by the time everyone left Navy decided to call April and check on Lanie and we both felt better to know that she was fine

We went out to the garage and went through boxes and when Navy came across some pictures we stopped to look at them.

One was Navy and her dad on the motorcycle. "Oh, this needs blew up and hung in this room," I said.

"Yeah, this was a special moment for us Kash." She smiled.

"I can tell you had a happy childhood," I said to her.

"I did. Being an only child I was treated like a princess and they gave me the world. It was nice until they passed and I had no one to turn to. My dad was an only child and so was my mom." She said.

"That sucks to be all alone and nowhere to turn," I said.

"I had Gavin and his mom which helped a lot and I didn't want to stay in that house alone. Gavin and his mom helped me pack all this stuff and move out and I moved in with them." She said.

"Sounds like you had a good support system in those two. I'm glad Brenda is coming back around now." I said.

"We did share a lot and when she turned her back on me it hurt." She said handing a picture to me.

"Look how cute you were in your easter frock and Easter basket." I laugh.

"Easter frock how did you know?" She laughs.

"I've heard my aunt say that. And by the way, you look cute just like our little girl will one day." I said.

"Our little girl huh? Interesting." She laughs.

"You know dad went home this evening to stay at my house and we are all alone," I said wiggling my eyebrows.

"I think you're trying to knock me up." She giggled throwing a stuffed animal my way.

We went through several boxes and came across her mother's jewelry box that she wanted to put in our room.

She looked through it and looked at the jewelry and a folded-up piece of paper her father had written to her mother and it was saved all these years.

"Come on let's eat some leftover pizza and have a beer and get some rest. We have been at it all day long." I said.

"Sounds good and I'm emotionally spent." She said standing up and closing the box.

She sets the jewelry box on the counter and followed me to the couch with the pizza and beer.

"That's a lot of old memories to sort through but thank you for going with me and helping me."

"You know I love seeing you smile Navy and this stuff has put a smile on your face," I said.

"I can't wait until you fix the bike and take me for a ride." She said.

"It may take me a while but I will restore it. You don't understand what a classic bike this is." I grin.

"I can tell you are excited about it." She said finishing her pizza.

"I am very excited." I laugh.

"I was about to go check on Lanie. It's so weird without her. I hope she's doing ok." She said.

"April said she would call if anything came up and would send pics of her periodically as well," I said.

"I know but I worry Kash." She said putting her plate on the coffee table.

Her phone dings and she looks down and smiles. "Did we talk April up?" I ask.

"Yes, we did. Look Lanie is asleep with her Gavin bear and she's fine." She smiles.

"Now do you feel better?" I ask.

"I do. Let's look through more boxes before bed. Maybe I can get some of it put away." She said.

We were knee-deep in boxes and I look over at Navy and she's holding a necklace in her hand and tears are rolling down my cheeks.

I get up and walk over to her and sit behind her and hold her tight. "Hey what's the matter?"

"This necklace belonged to my mother. It was her mother's and it was passed down to me and she said one day when you have a daughter pass it on to her." She said.

"That will be very special for you to share with Lanie one day," I said kissing the back of her neck.

She shakes her head, yes, and sniffs so I wrap my arms around her and pull her close to me.

"Thank you, Kash. Some things catch me off guard," she said.

We spent another hour going through things before we decided to call it a night and head inside and cuddle on the couch together.

I tried to be quiet because I knew she was in her feelings about what she had gone through and it's bringing it back up about how she lost them.

I wrapped my arm around her neck and pulled her over for a kiss. "Are you ok Navy?"

"I can't hide how I'm feeling from you can I?" She laughs.

"No, I read you pretty well. Why don't we take some of the stuff you for sure want to display and keep into the spare room? That way you can have it near you instead of out in the garage in a box." I said.

"I like that idea, Kash." She smiled and crawled into my lap and snuggled me.

This is what life is all about and I'm glad this girl is mine. I think it's time to properly ask her to be mine and get her a ring.

"Kash?" She said.

"Yeah what's up?" I ask.

"I love you and thank you for helping me bring my parent's stuff home," She said.

"I would do anything for you. How about we head upstairs and get ready for bed?" I ask.

"Sounds good to me." She said kissing me before getting up.

" She said kissing me before getting up