16🌹

Getting home was a journey that I don't care to remember

Getting home was a journey that I don't care to remember. Every bump I felt and dang I'm sore but I'm happy to see home even though a little sad that Gavin won't be there waiting on me.

Kash walks around and helped me to get out of the vehicle before he carries Lanie up to the porch.

"Welcome home Lanie!" Kash said as we walked inside and I took a picture. He sits the carrier on the bar and asked if I wanted him to get her out.

"I can get her if you wouldn't mind to go upstairs in her room and grab the bassinet for me please," I said picking her up.

I walk into the living room and I sit down with her and stare at her little face. She looks so much like Gavin to me.

Kash comes back down with the bassinet and walks into the living room with it. "Where do you want it?"

"Just right there in front of the window please." I smile cuddling Lanie.

Kash puts it at the window and sits down on the couch and stretches out. "How's it feel to be home?" He asks.

"It's kinda weird... I mean reality sets in now that I'm a single parent." I said.

"You may be a single parent but you have me and I know you have Ivy and Desmond too." He said.

"I appreciate that more than you know." I smile.

"Why don't you take a nap and I can hang out with Lanie until she cries and wants to be fed. I know you are exhausted." He said.

"Are you sure Kash? I know you probably have places to go and things to do." I said.

"Nothing is as important as this." He said stretching out.

"Well here is the remote if you want to watch tv," I said.

"Hey, do you plan to get that pool up and running?" He asked.

"Someday id like to. I need to fix it and keep my grass mowed." I laughed.

"Dom's little brother is a pool guy. I could have him come look at it for you if you want." He said.

"Sure that would be nice Kash," I said walking to the kitchen for a drink of water. "Hey if you get hungry or thirsty just look for something I don't mind," I said.

"Thanks, I will. Now rest." He said messing with his phone.

"Thanks again, Kash," I said walking up the steps slowly because my goodies are swollen and sore.

Once I made it to the bedroom the first thing I saw was Gavin's shirt on his side of the bed. I went over and gently laid down and picked up the shirt to smell it and I cried myself to sleep.

A couple of hours later a light knock on the door woke me up. I sit up on my arm when Kash opened the door. "I'm sorry to wake you but her diaper man I can't do it...It's just too bad." He laughed.

I can't help but laugh... "Take her to her changing table and I'll be in there soon," I said getting out of the bed heading to the bathroom.

When I walk into Lanie's room I find Kash standing over her while she's laying on the changing table. "You stink kid."  He laughs.

"Couldn't change it huh?" I laugh.

"No I was going to try but when I caught a wif of the smell I couldn't and I only watched Ivy do it one time." He said.

I changed her diaper and put a different sleeper on her before picking her back up. "Do you mind carrying her back downstairs for me? I'm still a little sore and I need to hold onto the railing." I said.

"Sure I can do that. By the way, I talked to shorty Dom's little brother and he's going to stop by and look at your pool I hope that's ok." He said.

"Oh that's fine but he better not call me cutie." I laugh.

"He's nothing like his brother. He's a nice kid." He smirked and looked down as Lanie begin to cry.

We made it to the living room and I sit in my big comfy chair and asked Kash to hand her to me. He then grabbed a blanket for me as I breastfed her.

"I feel awkward should I leave the room?" He asked.

"No your fine. It's not like I'm showing anything." I laughed.

"Yeah but it puts..." He said as the doorbell went off. "That's probably Shorty I'll take him around back." He said.

"Ok, thanks, Kash!" I said watching him out the window talking to Shorty which cant be his real name.

Lanie finished eating and I burped her and put her in the bassinet and went to the bathroom. When I came back out I saw the two guys near the pool and I opened the door and they both turned around.

"Thanks for coming to look at my pool," I said.

"No problem. Just need to get a few chemicals and you are all set." He said.

"Ok just let me know and I can give you the money," I said before closing the door and walking to the kitchen. I'm a little hungry so I make up a salad and put a pizza in the oven.

When Kash came back inside he walked to the kitchen. "That smells good." He said.

"Good take a seat because I made plenty." I smile.

After we eat Kash helped me to clean up when Lanie started crying. I went to get her while he finished cleaning the kitchen.

I sit down with Lanie and rocked her. It's funny how you meet a person and feel like you have known them for a lifetime. That's how I feel about Kash.

He walks in and sits down on the couch. "Is there anything you need me to do?" He asked.

"No, I think I'm good for now." I smile over at him.