20🌹

Once Kash left it got really quiet around here

Once Kash left it got really quiet around here. I buried my nose in the book until Lanie cried out.

I changed her diaper, feed and burped her, and then got back to the books. The month of June was probably the worst I had ever encountered.

Time got away from me and the next thing I know Kash was back with Shorty.

I thought I heard a vehicle and when Kash walked back in he asked if he could put his motorcycle in my garage.

"Sure go ahead I don't mind at all," I said closing the ledger and standing up when I see Shorty outside carrying boxes.

"Hey, Shorty! Thank you so much for helping Kash out with these boxes." I said.

"You're more than welcome Navy. Any friend of Kash's is a friend of mine." He smiled.

He was cute in his own way. He has a bunch of tattoos and a bald head with a long goatee. I might be scare of him in a dark alley but I have come to learn you can't judge a book by its cover.

"When we get this done can I get a peek at this baby I hear so much about?" He asked.

"Of course you can. She's sleeping right now." I said just as Kash walked back into the room.

"I got the one you wanted." He smiled.

"Good I'm excited! You don't have to put it together now if you don't want." I said.

"While I have the help I'm going to do it." He laughed squeezing my arm.

I brought the monitor outside but I'm sure if Lanie starts crying it's going to be loud and I will hear her through the glass door.

I sit on the stoop while watching the guys work. "Are you guys hungry? I could go fix something."

"Only if you want to. I know you are still trying to heal up Navy." Kash said.

"I really don't mind. How about some fried chicken and sides?" I ask.

"You have my mouth-watering," Shorty said.

"Alright let me get to it. But if Lanie cries someone better get her." I laugh.

I get up and walk into the house and check on Lanie before heading to the kitchen. I knew I could make some fried chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy and veggies.

By the time I get done Kash and Shorty walked in to wash their hands and then Kash went back to get Lanie. He was showing her off to Shorty.

"She sure is a pretty little thing. I may have to help beat boys up when she's older." Shorty laughed.

I put all the food on the table and told the guys to dig in that I would be right back. I took Lanie to the living room and fed and burped her before I came back.

When I walked back into the kitchen they were talking but not eating. "Why aren't you guys eating? Something wrong?" I ask.

"No Navy we were just waiting on you to eat." Kash smiled.

"I appreciate that but I don't want it to get cold guys!" I smile sitting down.

We all dig in and If I saw Shorty's eyes roll back once I saw it a hundred times and I couldn't help but laugh.

"I haven't eaten like this since my momma was alive," Shorty said.

"My mom taught me everything I know about cooking," I said.

"Oh man, so you know how to make more than just this?" Shorty asked.

"Yes, Shorty I can cook." I smile.

"Ok, so I'll clean your pool for free if you just make me food." He laughs.

"You have a deal. Anything you don't like?" I ask him.

"Just mushroom and olives I hate those things." He laughed.

"Well can I get in on this food thing?" Kash laughed.

The doorbell rang and I looked at the door and motioned for them to come in. I saw Desmond and Ivy walking in.

"Damn it smells good in here," Desmond said.

"Come have a seat and eat with us." I smile.

"I need a sneak peek at Lanie first," Ivy said. But Desmond sit between Shorty and me and he dug in.

"I'm glad I made a bunch of food." I smile looking around at all of these strangers that have entered my life and now are apart of my family.

Ivy and Desmond are entertaining Lanie with Shorty's help while Kash helps me clean up the kitchen and put everything away.

"Shorty cracked me up bartering food for cleaning the pool. That boy probably hasn't had a home-cooked meal in a long time." Kash laughs.

I can't help but notice how cute his face is when he smiles and laughs. I smile at him and look back down at the sink.

"Here let me move them into the dishwasher." He said bumping my hip.

I raise my eyebrows and pick up some soap suds from the sink and smear it across his cheek.

"No, you didn't." He laughs.

"Oh yes I did and what are you going to do about it?" I giggle.

"I would whoop your butt but I know your sore and that's inappropriate." He laughed.

"Maybe another time." I giggled as we filled up the dishwasher.

When I made it to the livingroom Shorty was holding Lanie. "Well, she seems content with you Shorty." I smile.

"I think she likes me." He smiled.

"I think she does as well." I sit down on the couch and Kash sits next to me.

"Most people wouldn't let me hold their baby Navy. I look like a crazy guy and people judge me." Shorty said.

"You can't judge a book by its cover. I learned that with Kash after I met him." I smile looking at Kash.

He winks at me. "Yeah, she thought I was in a biker gang." He laughed.

"Navy! No, you didn't!" Desmond laughed.

"I did sorry I saw his tattoos and his leather jacket and motorcycle and yeah I shouldn't have judged. But he's nothing like that." I smiled at him again.

" I smiled at him again