Fifty

I apparently fell asleep on my chair. I could tell because I was half on the floor, half on the chair. I laughed and stood upright. I bent back and cracked my back. Pop pop pop pop! I grunted and stood again, walking to my closet.

I grabbed a random dress and slipped it on. I combed my hair and braided it down my back before leaving my room. I rubbed my eyes as I walked downstairs. "Morning." I heard someone say.

I blinked, dropping my hands. Levi was chatting with Rensselaer over some tea! "Oh, hi." I said, meeting them downstairs at the table.

"Rensselaer here was just telling me about you and your wedding!" Levi said. Is this his game? Getting information from my little brother? "If you write a single paragraph in any paper, you'll regret it." I snapped as I poured myself a cup.

"Y/N!" Rensselaer hissed. I ignored him and sat beside him. "Don't worry, I won't." Levi promised. I nodded and sipped my drink. "So, what would you like to know?" I asked. He put away the hidden notepad and quill I noticed before I even sat down.

"Everything." He said eagerly. I grinned a bit. "Well, I'm not quite engaged yet." He blinked and Rensselaer laughed wryly. "I mean, I will be! After Elizabeth gets married!" I explained quickly. He gave me a confused look but nodded.

"I've known C/N for five years. We met when he was delivering clothes for my father." I smiled at the memory. "We just recently got officially acquainted. Before, it was just feelings we were afraid to bring up." I said quietly.

"We don't really have any plans. I'm not sure who is going to be the Maid of Honor or Best Man yet." I joked. Rensselaer rolled his eyes and I glared at him. "Careful Ren, I'll make you the flower girl!" I teased. He spat out his tea and I howled with laughter.

Rensselaer ran to get towels and cleaned up his mess. "Right now, the focus is on Elizabeth and her wedding." I said to Levi, who nodded in understanding.

Rensselaer sat down again and I grinned. "So, what about you Rensselaer? Is there a lucky girl in your life?" Levi asked. I bit back a laugh as Rensselaer blushed. "O-Oh, erm," God above, I know he fancies Elizabeth Ten Broeck! She was the daughter of the head General of the New York Militia, General Abraham Ten Broeck.

Rensselaer was still in fancy for Isabella, but Elizabeth was his more practical fancy.

He blinked and nodded slowly. "I've never said her name out loud." He muttered. No, he hasn't. But he does write about her in his journal that he keeps under his dresser.

I had an evil idea and leaned forward, my mouth beside his ear. "Elizabeth Ten Broeck" I whispered under my breath. "WHAT!" Rensselaer shouted, dropping and shattering his tea cup. Levi and I started laughing and a door opened.

"Who shouted?" Elizabeth asked, the only thing on her was her nightgown and a long coat. "Ren." I blamed. He growled at me. "Hi." Levi said, politely looking away from my sister. Elizabeth yelped and ran off, slamming her door.

I snickered and Levi chuckled. A different door, three in fact, opened. Angelica, John, Margarita and Cornelia poked their heads out, all fully dressed.

"Someone shouted?" John asked, stepping out of the room. He eyed Levi dangerously as he slowly went down the steps. "Rensselaer startled himself." I lied. Rensselaer elbowed me slightly.

"Who are you?" Angelica asked once she reached the bottom floor. All my siblings sat down. "Levi Montgomery, pleasure to meet you all." Levi said, standing to shake their hands. "John." "Angelica." "Margarita." We all looked to Cornelia. "Princess Cornelia Schuyler." She said, dead serious. We all giggled as Levi bowed. "Your Royal Highness." He said smoothly. She giggled as he sat down again.

"We were just talking about fancies." I said, my siblings blushing furiously. "Well, we all know about Y/N and C/N," Margarita said slyly, making me blush. "What about you Levi?" She asked curiously.

Levi shifted uncomfortably, a nervous grin on his face. "There is a woman. Margaret Alam." He said in embarrassment. "She is so beautiful." He said dreamily to himself. He was truly head over heals for her.

Us girls giggled and he blushed. "Anyways," he said, clearing his throat. "What about you four?" He asked, gesturing to Angelica, John, Margarita, and Cornelia. "John Church." Angelica said proudly, like she was claiming him.

"Stephen Van Rensselaer." Margarita said in a quieter tone. John blushed the most. "Elizabeth Van Rensselaer." He muttered. We all looked to Cornelia. "She fancies C/N." I said, earning a glare from the four year old. Levi chuckled and she blushed. "But he's busy marrying Y/N." Cornelia complained.

We heard another two doors open and Jeremiah ran down the stairs. "Hi Levi!" Jeremiah said, being the only one to remember Levi from the attack.

"Jeremiah! Hi!" Levi said, shaking hands. We all looked to the second floor. Elizabeth, now dressed in a sky blue gown, was going down the steps. "Glad to see you dressed." Angelica teased. Elizabeth glared at her a bit.

"Hello, I'm Elizabeth." My sister said to Levi. "The fiancée to Captain Hamilton." Levi said in awe. "I read the article." I fought a scoff. "Levi Montgomery." He said proudly. A paper dropped from his pocket and I bent over to pick it up. There was a name. William Fran- Levi snatched the paper from me, stuffing it in his pocket. "Sorry, it fell." I said suspiciously.

He nodded nervously. Who was William Fran-whatever? A friend? Cousin? I have to find out.