Thirteen

We finished lunch and now I was taking a walk with Elizabeth, Angelica, and Margarita around town.

"Jeremiah told me an interesting fact." Angelica said, looking to me. I blinked. "How do you mean?" I asked. My other two sisters seemed just as confused as I was.

"He said that him and John caught Y/N with a certain young man." Oh god. I blushed and looked away. "And they were kissing." She said a bit quieter, earning loud gasps from Elizabeth and Margarita. "Was it C/N? Please tell me it was C/N." Margarita begged. I blushed even more and nodded slightly.

They giggled and I smiled slightly. "Is he a good kisser?" Margarita asked. "Margarita!" We all scolded, though we couldn't hold back our laughter. "Yes, he was." I said embarrassingly. They giggled furiously.

"Schuyler sisters!" A familiar voice said. What are the odds. Alexander kissed Elizabeth's cheek, kissing the rest of our hands. He was alone, which was odd.

"Hello Alexander!" Elizabeth said excitedly. She was just head over heels for him! She was too good for him, but I wasn't going to rip this small joy from her. It wasn't my place.

"And what are you four lovely ladies doing around town today?" He asked, crossing his arms in a bemused fashion. "Just a walk with my sisters." Margarita said. I glanced to Angelica, who had a slight longing in her dark eyes.

"Mind if I join?" He asked. Just when I was about to say no, Angelica said, "Yes, of course." I forced a smile. She knew better than to become accompanied with him, right?

Alexander linked arms with Elizabeth, so our standing order was, from right to left, Elizabeth, Alexander, Angelica, myself, and Margarita. We walked around, paying the occasional street singer or vendor.

We reached the park and I stopped walking. "I should head back home." I said, making them all face me. "It was nice to see you again Alexander." I said calmly. I turned to leave, but a hand rested on my arm.

"Allow me to walk you home." Alexander offered. I glanced back. Elizabeth seemed bothered. "I will be quite fine." I said, removing my arm from his grip. "I insist." He said. "Hello!" A voice said from behind me. Thank God above!

I turned to find C/N walking towards us. "Hello C/N!" I said. I heard my sisters giggle as they ran up. "Who are you?" Alexander asked questioningly.

"Oh, I'm C/F/N C/L/N, Y/N's beau." I blushed. Beau?! As in, acquainted in a way more than friends! My heart leapt as my sisters giggled ever more. "Nice to meet you, C/N. I'm Alexander Hamilton."

C/N's eyes widened. "General Washington's right hand." He said quietly. I did not know that. "Hello C/N." Margarita said sweetly. "Good afternoon Margarita." He said in return.

"What are you five doing?" He asked. "I was about to head home. Alexander was going to stay with my sisters." I said with a hint of command towards Alexander. "Allow me to walk you home." C/N offered. I didn't want to seem rude. "I can manage." I said. He nodded and kissed my cheek. "Goodbye!" I said before walking away.

I walked in silence, the bustling crowd making it a bit difficult. I decided to make a cup of tea when I got home, despite the price. I went into a store and purchased some before resuming my walk.

"Mademoiselle!" Someone shouted. One of the French soldiers assisting us. I ignored them and continued walking. "Mademoiselle Schuyler!" I halted and turned. Monsieur Lafayette was rushing to me.

"Ah, Monsieur Lafayette! Bonjour!" I said, walking to meet him. He gave me a bright smile. "I speak better English, non?" He asked. "Amazing English." I complimented.

"Have you seen Alexander? I can non find him." He said, struggling to find his English words. "Oui! Au coin de la rue, à gauche. Il marche avec mes sœurs dans le parc." (Yes! Down the corner, to the left. He is walking with my sisters in the park.) I said, choosing French so he understood perfectly.

He gave me a grateful smile and kissed both of my cheeks. "Merci, Y/N! Merci!" He said before running off. I smiled a bit and brushed some hair from my face before walking again.

I gave everyone small waves, the occasional "Hello" until I was stopped in my tracks. Someone grabbed my hand and yanked be into a narrow alleyway.