Fifty-Two

I blinked and looked to my left, where the voice came from. A tall, broad man stood there curiously. He had some freckles closer to his ears, shaggy pale peach hair, and dusty amber eyes. He was quite tall and was wearing a colonial soldier uniform. He had some freckles on his hands as well.

"Matthew! Come meet a good friend of mine!" Isabella beckoned. That is Matthew! Not at all what I expected, but in a good way. Matthew smiled and walked over, briefly kissing his fiancée. "Lieutenant Matthew Williams." He said, extending a hand. I shook it before doing a curtsy. "Y/F/N Schuyler."

His eyes widened a bit. "A Schuyler daughter. Your brother-in-law is a friend." He said. I forced a smile. "You know Alexander! Wonderful!" I said.

"Oh, hello." We turned. Elizabeth was in her second dress. The pink, for once, suited her, despite how it was only in the waist band. This dress fit so much better. It was perfect! "Matthew Williams." Matthew said, doing a small bow. "Elizabeth Schuyler! My fiancé, Alexander, has written about you!" She said cheerily, gathering her skirts and striding over.

"So you are the lovely lady Alex brags about so much!" Matthew teased, making Elizabeth blush. He calls him Alex? Interesting.

Elizabeth faced Isabella. "This is the one!" She squealed. "Wonderful! I'll help you box it." Isabella faced her fiancé. "Talk and meet Y/N will you?" She said, patting his chest before following Elizabeth to the back room. Matthew and I faced each other.

"So, you are Isabella's life long friend." He said, bemused. I smiled and nodded. "And you are going to be her life long companion." I said back. He blushed a bit. Huge softy!

He was going to be a great father, I could already tell! "So, how did you two meet?" I asked, folding my hand in front me. He chuckled and nervously rubbed the back of his neck. "Well,"

"It was a year ago. I was staying here for a bit, posted for the war. One night, some loyalist jumped me and threw me into the bay." I gasped. "I swam, shouting for help. It was so cold! Soon enough, a hand was extended. I couldn't see well so I just grabbed it. I went to pull and pulled them in with me!"

"I heard her scream and panicked. I kinda threw her back out into shore before managing to pull myself up." I laughed and held a hand in front of my mouth. "Yeah, exactly! So, still not being able to see my 'rescuer' she led me down the road to this place. She lit a candle and faced me. I was awestruck!"

"Even soaked and freezing, Isabella is beautiful! I remember reading the sign inside and laughing. She brought me to a dress shop! Luckily, she had man clothes and I changed in the back as she changed in a separate room."

"After warming up, I walked her home. I asked her on a date and she said yes. That date turned into an engagement!" I quietly clapped and he chuckled.

"What are you two laughing about?" Isabella asked as her and Elizabeth walked towards us, a box in my sister's arms. "Just the story of when we met." Matthew said slyly. Isabella rolled her eyes and I laughed. "Well, we will get out of your hair." Elizabeth said and I nodded. "It was wonderful meeting you!" I said to Matthew, who tipped his head. Elizabeth and I linked arms and left.

Elizabeth was radiating joy. "You look great in that dress." I complimented. She blushed a bit. "I can't wait till you buy yours!" She said excitedly. I waved her off, not wanting to stress about that just yet.

We reached the post office and I walked in, Elizabeth staying outside. It was empty so I walked to the front. "You're late." The man teased. I chuckled and nodded, him going to the back. I just realized I never knew his name! I waited for him to come back with the letters.

Soon, he had a stack of letters, handing them to me. Before he left, I stopped him. "I just realized I don't know your name!" I said. He gave me a small smile. "Timothy Waller." He said. I gave him a bright smile. "Pleasure to meet you, Timothy." I said. He gave me another smile and I left.

I met Elizabeth outside and she fell into step beside me. I scanned the letters. Four for mother, two for Angelica, two for Margarita, two for Elizabeth, and three for me. Everyone else had one. Hm.

I held the letters under my arm and turned to my sister. She looked so happy! She looked around cheerily, waving to passing strangers. I can't say this enough, but I hope Alexander treats her right.

A/N
So ya know the famous picture of Elizabeth Schuyler? Yeah, that's her in her wedding dress! Research pays off haha!

A/NSo ya know the famous picture of Elizabeth Schuyler? Yeah, that's her in her wedding dress! Research pays off haha!