Step to You

由 aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... 更多

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

THIRTY-ONE

986 86 25
由 aiyanella

ONE DAY BEFORE THE PERFORMANCE DAY

**Rose's POV

It's the second day of the school's founding anniversary. There are plenty of booths around, and so many fun things to do. Since tomorrow is the big day for all the clubs, the club presidents agreed that we will let the members have a full-day rest today. Besides, the practice last week was so hectic that all of us have to muster up enough energy for tomorrow.

Elise slumped onto one chair of the Pizzeria booth. Sue and I sat on the either side of her. Elise looks so wasted. Compared to our training, hers was the most intense. They had even stayed until 12mn in school during the past week.

"What should we order?" I asked them when a booth personnel approached us. Sue showed me the menu and pointed at two items. "Okay. Ahm, please give us one small Hawaiian pizza and a lasagna. Our drinks will be just water. Make it not cold please."

The girl repeated our orders then left.

We looked at the booth called 'Cakes and Us' which is just a few steps away from us. They serve delicious cakes to couples, but as me and Sue are going to use our voices tomorrow, we dare not step near that booth.

Elise sighed and gazed longingly at the cakes we can see from here. "I want sugar."

"Tomorrow, after the performance, we will stuff ourselves with cakes," Sue muttered, looking away from the booth.

I let out a sigh too, and averted my eyes from the temptation. But then, I spotted Jim and JK coming this way. I sat up straightly. I have been very civil with JK since that little talk in the car. I just don't want him to be uncomfortable. As much as possible, I avoid him at home because Aunt Annaly might get the wrong idea. So, recently, I was talking to JK mostly in school, during club rehearsals.

"What happened to your president?" Sue whispered to Elise who looked around 'til she saw Jim.

Jim seemed to have lost his bright face. I mean, he looks tired and unenergetic.

"Is he sick?" I asked.

"Nah. He's just brokenhearted," Elise said. "Don't mind him."

"Why is he broken hearted?" I asked curiously.

Elise was not able to answer because our food came and she immediately stuffed her mouth with pizza.

I looked where JK and Jim are, but they seemed to have just passed by. I turned to my friends again. "Elise, you didn't answer me---"

"Wait, that's Soyeon Lee right?" Sue muttered. She pointed at the Cakes and Us booth. Elise and I looked at where she pointed.

Right as she is, there is Soyeon Lee, standing beside JK and holding his left arm while talking to him. Jim seems to be ordering because he's speaking with the booth personnel.

"So, JK is close with that girl?" Sue asked me.

I shrugged, and I took a bite of my pizza while watching the two being that close. It seems like JK is comfortable with Soyeon holding him like that...

"Do you think Alison likes her?" Sue continued.

Elise gave a loud tsh and looked back on her food, "Soyeon is kinda popular among guys. Many of my clubmates openly state their crush on her."

"Really?" Sue narrowed her eyes, then tapped my hand, "Hey, Rosie, is that okay with you?" she pointed at JK again.

"Yeah, it's not like he's my boyfriend or something. He can be close with any girl he wants," I said with a slight smile. My two best friends stared at me. "What? I'm not joking, okay?"

"Don't lie to us," Elise said.

"I'm not lying--"

"Unless," Sue raised her brows up and down, "you already 'unliked' JK Alison?"

I grimaced. Where did she get her words?

"She didn't," Elise muttered, "she's just lying to herself."

"No, I'm not."

"Who is it? Who's the new one?" Sue pulled my hand. She is looking at something behind my back.

"What? No one really--" I tried to look behind but Elise wrapped an arm around me and pulled me close to her.

"Is it Van? It's Van right?" Sue tried to tickle me. I moved my chair away but then it hit someone behind me so I turned to look.

"Sorry, I didn't---" JK?! "---know you're there..."

Sue coughed and looked away while Elise continued eating like nothing happened.

JK is frowning at me. "Aren't you going to the music room?"

"No, why?"

"Eunice sent me a message asking if I saw you, didn't you see her calling?"

I immediately took my phone from my bag, "I had it in silence mode..." There were 18 missed calls from Eunice. I suddenly felt nervous. Did something happen?

"What is it?" Sue asked me.

"I-I need to go to the music room," I said, standing and getting my things. "I'll text you later."

JK went with me to the music room. My heart was beating rapidly against my chest, and I am hoping against hope that nothing bad happened.

When we arrived at the music room, the door was closed. I looked at JK who just nodded. I took a deep breath and pushed the door open.

The music room was dark, but when I stepped inside, lights turned on, and I saw my club members forming a semi-circle in the middle of the room. They are all clapping and cheering me on. Van approached me and pulled me towards them, he even handed me a bouquet of three stemmed pink roses.

Clutching my chest, I sighed with relief. "I thought something bad happened!" I said, hitting Eunice jokingly on the arm.

"Sorry, prez." She held out two peace signs. "Well. We decided to show our gratitude to everything you've done for the club."

"Yeah," Miley said and handed me a pink box, "thank you for still believing in us when we were almost losing belief in the music club."

I teared up. "It's me who should thank you guys. For not leaving."

"Hey, don't cry," Van placed his left arm around my shoulders and one-side hugged me. "We're going to give our best performance tomorrow and make you proud."

"Van's right, prez" Aila said. The others nodded at her.

I smiled at all of them. My heart is full of so much happiness right now. "Guys, tomorrow, whether we win or not, let us enjoy the moment. Okay?"

"Okay!!!"

I looked at JK. He smiled at me then went out. Van nudged me and said, "Open the gift."

I opened it.

A cute teddy bear with mic key chain.

"Wow! It's so cute!"

"I chose that," Van said proudly.

"Thank you guys!"

They hugged me one by one. It feels so great to hear them saying these things to me. It's like all my hardships paid off. After a few moment, they all went to enjoy the rest of the day.

"Ah, Rose Anne. I would like to ask you to some pizza but my manager is calling me," Van said when we were locking the music room.

"It's okay. Wait, where is Jennie by the way?"

"Errr... I also wonder where she is. She planned this surprise by the way," he looked the key chain, "Jen is really thoughtful, you know. I really don't understand why she doesn't have many friends."

I just nodded. 

"Anyway, I'm better be off or my manager will kill me. I just sneaked out," he added in whisper. "Bye, see you around, Rose Anne!"

"See you!"

I can't help but look at my cute keychain from time to time. I attached it to my phone, and its color matched my phone case. I really didn't expect that surprise. I need to thank Jennie for being thoughtful.

As I walk to the pizza booth where I left Sue and Elise, I passed by different game booths. It's an area set up like an arcade. It's a very noisy place, but there are lots of cool stuff to do here. I should ask those two to hang out here later.

I'm about to leave the area when my attention was caught by three guys standing in front of a girl who is silently drinking coffee in one of the benches not far from where I am.

"Hey, can we sit here?"

"No."

Wait, that's Jennie! She's wearing her hair in a ponytail, and her PE uniform. It's the first time I saw her in those plain t-shirt and jogging pants. Wait, are those guys disturbing her?

I walked towards them.

"Argh, why are you so snob?" the tallest and rudest sounding of the three said, putting his forefinger on Jennie's forehead who slapped his hand. The other two laughed. Some students are now starting to watch.

"Get lost, okay?" Jennie said and looked away but the guy reached for her again.

"HEY!" I said loudly, and they looked at me. "IT'S THE COUNCIL PRESIDENT!" I pointed and they looked behind them. I grabbed the chance and pulled Jennie by the right arm, "Run!"

"Hey!" Jennie said in shock, he coffee thrown off to the ground. We could hear the guys shouting but we dare not look back.

We stopped in front of the canteen, both of us panting.

"Why--did---you do that for?!" Jennie asked, crouching and holding her knees, catching her breath.

"I---just---want to help---" I slumped onto one of the benches. "Let's stay here for a while, we might come across them on our way back."

She nodded and sat beside me. "Thanks," she smiled, then wiped her forehead. "That guy dared to touch me."

"He's nuts."

We laughed.

"Ah, Jennie, by the way," I showed her the keychain, "Van told me you initiated the surprise?"

"Oh, that, well... you deserve it."

"Thank you."

"It's nothing." She dusted off her shirt which was slightly spilled with coffee. "Geez, it's my only spare clothing."

"Uhm, why are you in PE uniform?"

Jennie sighed. "My clothes got ruined."

"By?"

She looked away, "I got this little disagreement with my... with persons I knew were my friends... and one of them splashed her juice on my face." She gave me a sad smile. "It's okay. You don't need to feel sorry about it. I'm used to people stabbing my back."

That's sad...

"Jen is really thoughtful, you know. I really don't understand why she doesn't have many friends."

That's what Van said. Why are those people so bad to her?

"Hey, don't get emotional!" she said, nudging me jokingly. "Why are you tearing up?"

"Me? Oh," I wiped my eyes, "I'm quite shallow-teared."

She laughed. "I'm really amazed at people who cries so easily."

"Why, don't you cry easily?"

"No. This face," she pointed at her face and she looked serious, "is my sad face, my angry face, my happy face."

I laughed. "What?"

"Well, if I am not close with a person, I don't really smile at him or her."

"But you smile at me."

"We're not close," she said.

"We could be." I stood up and held out my hand. "Jennie, do you want to meet my two best friends?"

Jennie stared at me for a while, then she broke into a smile. "Do you think... they'll like me? I saw you with them, and they seem to..."

"Don't worry, they'll like you. Come on!"

Jennie accepted my hand and we went to the pizza booth where Sue and Elise are still waiting for my return.

"Just on time!" Elise said as she saw me coming. "Where did you go? We have to check out the horror house---" but she stopped at the sight of Jennie.

Sue smiled cheerily, "Hello, Jennie!"

"Jennie, this is Sue and this is Elise." The two waved, "They already know you," I added.

"Hello," Jennie smiled.

'Why are you in PE uniform?" Elise asked.

"Long story," she answered.

"Let's not talk about uniforms okay?" I held Elise's left arm, "What did you say we should check out?"

Elise gave a smirk, and said with her eyebrows up and down and up, "The horror house."

"Let's go!" Sue exclaimed and walked first.

"Jennie, do you like horror houses?" I asked.

Jen smiled confidently, "Yup. I don't get scared easily."

"Woah..." Sue gazed at her in awe. "We'll get together well. I don't get scared easily too."

"I'll stick with Rosie," Elise said, "This baby might die of fright."

"What? No!" I slapped her arm. "I'm not a scaredy cat!"

"Yeah right," Elise gave me an impatient wave and we walk off. Sue and Jennie in front, and me and Elise bickering behind them.

People look at us as we pass by. I thought first that it's because Jennie is with us and she's in PE uniform. But as we walk on, I realized that people are looking because we are so noisy----like we four had been together since the beginning.

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

484K 956 27
A few wedgie challenges for you guys! If you want you can tell me ideas and I'll add them Tell me how it went while you were doing these! it woul...
179K 10K 33
It's hard to court someone especially when you're a girl. And it's even harder when that someone still can't recover from his past and you of all peo...
983K 53.3K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
2.1M 112K 63
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...