Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

TWENTY-FIVE

1K 94 31
By aiyanella

Rose's POV

Our practices becomes tougher as the day of the performance gets nearer. No one is mentioning it, but everyone is feeling the pressure now. We have to do extra rehearsal, especially now that our performance has been extended to ten minutes. The storyline must be delivered within the time limit and it's a challenge.

"Thank you Prez. We're going," my club members bid goodbye.

I waved as they go out, "Thanks for today guys. Bye!"

JK went out too. As expected with what happened last night, he was cold to me today. He didn't even bother to look at me during rehearsals. But as what Elise says to me, I should not mind him. But how can you not mind a person you've loved for more than two years and you're living in the same house with?

I was locking the music room when Van appeared from somewhere and took my bag. "Let me do it," he took the lock and finished it up for me.

"Thank you," I said. Van is now perfectly back to how he treats me after we talked over dinner last night. He even apologized for not smiling at me in the canteen.

We started to walk. "Don't you have a shoot today?" I asked him.

"None," he answered brightly, "and with that being said, I would like to invite you to a dinner."

I laughed. "Elise and Sue--" but he stopped me.

"I asked them to let me have you with me at dinner."

"And they agreed?"

"Yep." He laughed. "Now, what do you want to eat?"

"I still owe you a dinner right?" I reminded him of the dinner where I was supposed to treat him.

But van shook his head, "I'd use that treat card some other time. Tonight's on me. I just got my paycheck."

"Wow!" I exclaimed. This is one good thing about Van. He earns his own money.

"Yes, so... what shall we eat?"

"We're planning to eat sushi today," I said after recalling my conversation with my friends this afternoon.

"Okay then. I know a Japanese restaurant thirty minutes drive from here." We arrived at the parking lot. He opened his car door for me.

"Alright, let's go!" But before I could enter the car, a car horn blew. We looked around and saw JK's car parked not far from us.

I looked at Van, and he just smiled and nodded. "I'll just tell him where I'd go."

"Yes, he's your housemate afterall," Van said and stood by his car, watching me.

I approached JK. Good thing the lamp posts in the school parking lot is quite dimmed, and there are no other students near us. It wouldn't be a topic of gossip tomorrow.

I walked to the passenger door and opened it. But I just peeked in, "I'll go home late." Then, after a sudden thought, I added, "I already asked mom and she allowed me." I wanted to laugh at the downright lie I just said. But I made a mental note to chat mom later.

He didn't even throw me a glance. He just started the engine, and that means I should go. "Okay, bye." I closed the car door and turned my back on him. I heard his car drove away.

I walked back to Van feeling something heavy in my chest. JK doesn't really care for me.

When I approached him, I tried to smile, but he gave me a smile and opened his arms wide. I frowned at him, but before I could say anything, he hugged me.

Emotions run throughout my whole body---and I felt my tears fall.

Van taps my back gently, and I felt extremely comforted. I honestly didn't expect that the feeling of being rejected by JK will hit me like this. I thought I'm used to it---I thought I'd be fine.

I composed myself and removed myself from Van. He held my shoulders and gave me a warm smile. "You okay now?"

I nodded, "Thanks. And I'm sorry for being emo."

"It's alright." He opened the car door for me. "Let's go, unwind?"

"Yes please," I said and entered his car.

-----Van's POV

What's the hardest thing to see from the one you love?

It's not seeing them happy with another person. It's seeing them love another person and not being loved back.

If I could just walk into JK's car, throw him out and punch him in the face, I'd love to do it. I had clenched my fists when I saw him not even looking at Rose Anne while she's talking to him, and not saying a damn word. I saw him every meeting and practice in our club, not even throwing a look at Rose Anne who's constantly looking at him with concern in her eyes. I even saw Rose Anne try to smile at him but he just looked as if he doesn't see anything.

I glanced at Rose Anne who is now happily eating her sushi, as if she wasn't hurt. Her eyes are even smiling at me while enjoying her food. Like nothing happened.

JK, you're a fool for hurting her. You don't know how precious Rose Anne is.

"Mmm--try this raspberry shake Van!" she exclaimed and handed me her shake. I ordered lemon iced tea.

I sipped from her straw. Rose Anne has this attitude of not giving any damn whether you eat from her plate or drink from her glass. She is never sensitive with those kinds of things, and she's really an eater.

"What do you think?" she inquired.

"Too sweet," I said, putting a whole sashimi into my mouth.

"I love this place," she said looking around. "I'll come back with Elise and Sue next time."

"Rose Anne, can I ask you a question?"

"Why do you keep calling me Rose Anne? Just Rose is enough," she blurted, sniggering.

"I just wanted it. Anyway," I cleared my throat. "I have a question..."

"What's that?" she looked at me while chewing. Her cheeks bulging adorably.

I looked at her with my right hand on my chin, "The last night of the school fest is Ballare. Would you be my dance partner?"

She stared at me for a while, "I haven't attended the last night before. Is there a dance?"

"Yes. Usually, the students dance with each other but there is this part where you dance with someone you like in a romantic song."

She laughed. "Really?"

"Mm-hm. So, would like to be my partner that night?"

"Sure," she said brightly.

I felt my heart swell twice its size as I watch her take another bite of sushi. The first step is now set.

I am planning to officially ask Rose Anne to be my girlfriend during that dance. Thinking about it makes my heart burst out of nervousness, but I'm also very excited. 

At 9pm, we arrived at the front of Alison's house. I hate to think she'd be together with that guy but I can't do anything. It's her mother's decision and I don't have a say to that.

"Van, thank you again for the dinner," she said as she unstrap her seatbelt.

I smiled at her and looked out into the house. "When will you move out of there?"

"Probably next month, when mom comes back."

"I see. Well, good night then."

"Good night. Drive safely." She got out, gave me a wave and went in. 

I sighed. My mind is full of the thoughts about my plan. I hope she'd accept me.

I know she likes Alison, but he does nothing but hurt her. And I can make her feel special, and I can love her more than the love she has for him.

----Elise's POV

I am walking to the bus stop while wondering what food we have at home for dinner. I was going to have sushi tonight but Vaness snatched Rose for himself. So Sue and I decided to just go home. We agreed that she go with Van because we like her to divert her feelings to Van. That jerk JK does not deserve Rose Anne.

And speaking of deserve. Why did I do to deserve seeing this guy wherever I go?

I grimaced as I got nearer to Inocencio who is standing by a bookstore's doorway. He's looking at me with an annoying smirk plastered on his face. I almost rolled my eyes and pretended not to see him.

We got into a disagreement this afternoon during dance practice when he insisted I wear the sexy costume one of our members had prepared. I was too pissed because he seems to be enjoying seeing me annoyed, that I grabbed him by the collar and pushed him hard that he lost balance and stumbled.

I passed by him, determined not to glance at him even at the slightest. But before I got away, I noticed he's walking beside me. I stopped and faced him, "What?!"

"I forgot to give this back," he said, half-smiling.

I looked at the box he's holding. The Richart chocolates that I returned to him. I raised an eyebrow at him and crossed my arms, "if you're giving that to me as a peace offering---"

"No, it's not a peace offering Elise,"  he went behind me and opened my bag.

"What are you--"

"There you go," he said and stood in front of me. "Actually I want to give that to you as a gift."

"Gift?"

"Yes, because you've been the most hardworking for this performance," he said.

I nodded. He seems sincere. "Okay then. Gratitude accepted." I walked on.

He is still following me. "Have you eaten, Elise?"

"No."

"Great! Let's have dinner together--"

"Ugh. I don't have money."

"My treat!"

I stopped. "My family's expecting me for dinner."

"Then tell them that--"

"Wait. Is that..." I pointed toward the other side of the street, "Sue?"

Inocencio looked at where I'm pointing. "I think so. Who's that with her?"

Sue is sitting at a cafe, and she's seated facing us. There's a guy with her whose back is on us. I stared at the them, racking my brain to recognize the guy.

"So she has a boyfriend?"

I threw Inocencio a sideway glare  and he just laughed. 

 "Sue has a boyfriend and Rose Anne has JK."

"That jerk?"

"Who's jerk? My bro is not a jerk okay? Anyway, as I was saying, your friends got their boys. How about you?"

This time I glared at him directly, "I don't need boys." I turned to walk again. Inocencio followed me still.

"Why?"

"Because you boys would just give me headaches."

"That's a stereotype. Not all boys are like that."

"Oh really?" I said while rolling my eyes.

"Yes. Take me for example. I won't give you any headaches."

I stopped and looked back. 

Jim Inocencio stepped backwards. "What?"

I gave him a cold look. "Fvck off. And stop following me." I opened my bag, took the chocolate and thrust it back to him. "Don't talk to me again unless it concerns FLUIDX."

After that, I walked away from him.

Maybe I got too friendly with Inocencio that he's using his hocus pocus on me now.

"Tsh, as if that would affect me," I whispered and shook the thought off my head. Instead I took my phone and chatted Sue. I wonder why she's with that Montemayor.

[I saw you with Montemayor. What's up?]

I was already at home when Sue replied.

[We talked about JK and Rose. Apparently, the reason why he joined the club is because--

I snorted loudly as I reread the last part of her chat.

---his mother told him he'd grant him whatever he likes.]

So he joined because of his own personal gain? He was not helping Rose afterall. Well, what should we expect.

My phone beeped and another message from Sue came.

[JK told him about it. Ram asked me how Rose Anne is. He knew she's living in their house.]

I let out a deep breath. Now how many persons knew about Rose's situation? Surely, if people learned about this, they'd talk about Rose again. It typed a reply.

[So Alison told him about Rose living with him?]

A quick reply followed.

[No. Another student told him.]

"Another student?" I read loudly.

This sounds bad.

Soon, this would be a gossip.

[we should tell Rose]

Sent. I put the phone on my table and threw my bag on the bed.

Boys really bring headaches. I thought bitterly and went to the kitchen where my brother is setting the table. I smiled. Well, not all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.5K 733 22
Its a story of a girl Aliyah, who is the victim of poliomyelitis. she struggles through her life. Daughter of well known model father and journalist...
486K 10.3K 37
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
8.6K 161 54
Well, this is a collection of Sonic and Amy's secret relationship before Sonic Boom : Friend or Foe. They had a sweet and simple dating life before S...
484K 956 27
A few wedgie challenges for you guys! If you want you can tell me ideas and I'll add them Tell me how it went while you were doing these! it woul...