Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

TEN

1.2K 99 15
By aiyanella

***JKs POV

I followed her to the second floor where our rooms are. But as I set foot on the topmost step, I saw the door on her bedroom close.

I walked to my room, which is just beside hers. I stood in front of her door. Shall I knock?

"You threw it. You threw it so its never yours. You don't have the right!"

So she got angry just because I stated a fact?

I lowered my hand which is already half-raised on her door. If I knock, it will surely cause a misunderstanding. Besides, Mom is still inside Jasmine's room. Knowing her, I am sure that if she ever learns that I went inside this girl's room, I might get married suddenly. So I stepped back and entered my room.

My room has a veranda where I rarely goes out into. I think her room also has one. I went to the veranda, and sat there to watch the sky. I looked at her side of the house. It's a quiet night I wonder if she's already asleep.

I stood and went to the edge of the veranda. I know I will be able to see the inside of her bedroom from here, but the curtains are drawn. So I sat back again.

Maybe I was out of the line?

I sighed.

But it's her fault.

She's annoying. Mom is annoying. Well, I think all girls has that quality that when they love, it suffocates.

But you shouldn't have said those words to her.

I shook my head.

But did I go too far?

Now, why am I having this internal debate?

My phone vibrated. I took it out of my pocket. A message from Jim.

[Bro, have you seen this?]

He had sent me a link to Rendezvous, the online magazine and news portal of the school. I don't really read this because what they publish are mostly gossips, and all those nonsense things I could think of. But curiosity got into me so I clicked on the link, and it redirected me to an article. The first thing that caught my attention is the large gif that occupies one-thirds of the page. It was Leighton and Richardson; they seemed to be walking, and they are both holding something like ice cream cups. I stared at Leighton's laughing face.

So she and Richardson are close?

My eyes darted to the title. The HAHS King found his Queen: Leighton is one lucky girl!

Tsh, I closed the article and looked at Leighton's window. She was acting all sensitive but her love life is being gossiped about by the whole HAHS. Shaking my head, I went inside my room.

I was lying on my bed when Jim sent another message.

[Bro! 1-0. Van on the lead eh?]

I typed my reply. [Idiot]

[Nah. You wait, I will be the one telling that to you when Rose Anne Leighton date him :P]

"As if I would care," I murmured, then I threw my phone onto my study table.

***Roses POV

"Good morning, Rosie!" Aunt Annaly was as lively as ever. She hurriedly placed a muffin on my plate and gave me a cup of hot chocolate. "How is it between you and JK?" she whispered.

JK is sitting just opposite me, reading the newspaper while sipping his coffee. I know he heard his mom.

I just smiled and took a bite at my muffin.

Aunt Annaly clasped her hands. "Don't worry, I got this! Hihi!" Then she went back to her cooking.

Why am I suddenly nervous at her 'I got this' ?

Jasmine is laughing silently in her seat while giving me sideway glances. I raised my eyebrows at her. She just laughed and continued eating.

This girl is really like her brother. Why does they both hate me so much?

I looked at JK. I know I have been awful last night, but I was just so annoyed at how he treated me.

But shouldn't you say sorry—

I coughed into my hot chocolate. JK suddenly looked at me.

I held my chin up and looked away. No, I won't say sorry. He should apologize first!

"Jasmine, sweetie, the driver will be the one to send you to school today," Aunt Annaly said with a very happy tone. "I will be going to the mall to buy some stuff."

"How about JK?" Jasmine asked, looking at her brother. One thing I realized, she reveres him. I wonder what it's like to have a younger sibling.

"It's okay, he and Rosie will take the bus," Aunt Annaly laughed.

JK seemed not to hear anything.

I sighed. I would like to disagree with Auntie but I know she might get offended. So I kept quiet. Anyway, I can ride the bus by myself.

--

I walked while maintaining a fair distance from JK. Even at a distance, I can feel the awkward atmosphere. What more if I get near him?

When we the bus arrived, I got in and stood at the farthest end. There are no vacant seats again, but its okay. I also have prepared my defense if ever somebody touched me again. So gripping the pole tightly with my right hand, I hold my umbrella on my left. Goodness knows how much force I will give if somebody lays a finger to my bottom!

So far, nothing happened. But when the bus stopped at the next station, I was squeezed back again. I gasped and held tightly on the pole. Somebody had stood behind me!

Rose! Time for the super-ultra-mega umbrella---Kyaaa--

Argh! I can't move! I'm dragged sideways and if I move, I might get out balanced--

I tried raising my right hand but the bus suddenly stopped and I got pushed back to the person behind me. I closed my eyes and expected getting harassed again. But then, instead of harassment, an arm pushed from behind and held onto the pole, just on the left of my head.

I looked back and gasped.

JK is behind me!

I mean, he is really, literally behind me!

I looked forward and got very aware of the situation. I stared into his left arm, his left hand tight on the pole, just above mine.

The bus stopped again, and I tried my best not to get pushed back onto JK. I was about to get off balanced when a hand held on to my right shoulder.

⁄(⁄ ⁄•⁄-⁄•⁄ ⁄)⁄

He... He is holding me...

⁄(⁄ ⁄>⁄-⁄<⁄ ⁄)⁄

I swear I will never ride a packed bus again-----or would I?

If JK would be this close...

I bit my lip. Don't you have that kind of thoughts, Rose Anne!

Finally, the bus stopped on the corner to our school. I was about to go when I felt JK's hand took my left wrist and pulled me out.

My world suddenly stopped.

He is holding my wrist. (#⊙___☉#)

"Tss."

I blinked. We are already outside, and he's not holding me anymore, but looking at me with disgust.

"Snap back, will you?"

I frowned. It's him who went close to me, but now he's getting angry?!

"I will tell mom not to let us commute tomorrow. And be sure to support me when I tell her." He stared at me for three seconds before turning his back.

I sighed. Then followed him.

"JK." He didn't respond but I know he's listening. "Thank you for standing behind me on the bus. I appreciate it."

"Don't think I did it for you."

(ಥ_ಥ)

Did I just get slapped?

I stopped walking and watched JK walk away.

Just when I thought he had been so close, I only have pushed him farther.

---

"So? How come you didn't tell us you and Van are--"

I stopped Sue. "I tell you, that article is not true!"

"But it's you, right there," Elise said waving to my face her phone with the picture of me and Van.

"Yes. But that is just--"

I sighed. They both aren't going to believe me.

"This article has been posted to the school bulletin board," Sue said.

I slumped onto my desk. "So the whole school is into it, right now?"

"Of course. Van is the school icon afterall," Elise tapped my back. "It's okay. You'll get through this."

I looked at her. "Elise. There's nothing going on between us, really--"

She laughed, "What? Why are you saying that? I know he likes you."

"But you and him are..."

Elise shook her head, still laughing. "Rose, we just talked a bit that time. Nothing more. He likes you."

Sue nodded her head. "You know what, why don't you turn your attention to him? We know Van, at least. He won't treat you like how JK does."

"Agree." Elise crossed her arms. "That JK, have you ever come across him?"

I bit my lip, then proceeded to read my book. If only I could tell them the situation I have been into, then they will both get shocked.

But JK clearly told me not to say anything so... I must stay quiet.

"Ah! How is it in your godmother's house? Have you already moved in?"

I nodded. "It's fine. She takes care of me well."

"You don't look like you're having fun," Elise said with a snort. This girl really can read minds.

"I'm really enjoying my stay! Promise!" I raised my right palm.

"How about her son. You told us--"

"Did I?" Shoot. If I told them that, they both might nag...

"I think I need to go to the club room! I asked Eunice something," I stood and went out of our room.

I walked away, but stopped when I saw JK inside his room. He is sitting beside Jim Inocencio whose hair is brown again. I wonder if he had seen the article...

I walked again. I think I will go and see Eunice. Afterall, I need to say something to her.

The junior's room is on the second floor. But when I got there, Eunice is not yet in. Maybe I will just text her and meet her later today.

I turned to go back when I saw Soyeon Lee walking towards me. She gave me a smile. She's really cute, with her short blonde hair and small eyes.

I looked at her as she passed by me. She's been "stealing" my club members, I must not compliment her.

"Rose!"

I looked and saw Eunice. She ran towards me. "I went to see you but your friends told me you went out. Good thing you're here!"

"Why? Is there something wrong?" I asked. But seeing her face right now, it might be worse.

Eunice sighed, "One member wants to drop out the club. We're now down to fifteen and..."

"If another one goes, we'll get termination." I said, finishing her statement. I looked at Eunice who seems close to crying.

"I was expecting we'll do well."

I clasped her hands. "Don't worry. We'll get through this. I will make sure."

I gave her a reassuring smile.

We'll get through this. I have to get through this.

Erratum: The next chapter is fourteen. I had misarranged the chapters before... idk, I have tried rearranging it but I can't fix it. Kindly skip the next few chapters then go back for chp 14. Sorry for the inconvenience ʕ´• ᴥ•̥'ʔ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.7K 247 11
Kim Taehyung was a famous song-writer and singer, at the peak of his career he had an accident causing him to lose his sight, due to pressure and gro...
909K 31K 39
Taehyung is a normal boy, after school he works in a local restaurant. One day he has a feeling that someone is watching him.... His life completely...
24.8K 1K 15
rosé x jungkook oneshots / short stories hey! its my first time writing fanfiction so i hope you enjoy this book :-) highest ranking (so far): #1 - r...
Yours By .

Fanfiction

6.8K 658 21
She's a social media influencer while he...is not her type, but fate brought them together from the awkward moment to a memorable ending (well, hopef...