Step to You

By aiyanella

When Rose decided to stand in that student-packed hallway, she only thought that she was about to change the... More

NOTESÉ
PRE
ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
CAST pt. ONE
NINE
TEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
ELEVEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
NOTESÉ
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
NEW YEAR SPECIAL
FORTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SIX
FIFTY-SEVEN
Cast pt. 2
FIFTY-EIGHT
FIFTY-NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY-ONE
SIXTY-TWO
SIXTY-THREE
SIXTY-FOUR
SIXTY-FIVE
SIXTY-SIX
SIXTY-SEVEN
SIXTY-EIGHT
SIXTY-NINE
SEVENTY -- FINALE
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE
PREVIEW

TWO

1.7K 107 14
By aiyanella

Rose's POV

"We wanted to focus on our academics," the girl with eyeglasses standing as the spokesperson of the four juniors who wanted to pull their club membership said with her puppy eyes, as if I wouldn't realize the real reason why they are quitting.

I tried to smile, "Is that so?"

Eunice fidgeted in her seat. When I arrived a while ago, she tipped me off that these students who are in her year level will be joining the Idle.

That club might have an inactive sounding name, but let me tell you this: they are currently the most popular in whole of Hailey Arts High School. They cater to students who wanted to sing and dance; talk about total performance. With the kind of production they have every school festival, they make the other clubs look boring. And to top that, it has been a growing market in the entertainment industry today to sing and dance.

We used to be the top club-- the Music Club. We constantly compete with the Fluidx, the dance club, as the most popular club. But all changed when this Soyeon Lee, a pretty and petite half-Korean, transferred in the second quarter of last year. She has been elected the Idle Club president, and as she is the youngest daughter of the school's president, the Idle Club enjoys various perks. Let's say for example, a big rehearsal room. With benefits of a special treatment from the teachers and a personal space in the canteen where they got to be served sumptuous dishes.

It hurts me to just think of that.

"Pres?" Eunice nudged me by the elbow and I sort of came to the present.

"Yes, I uh..." I cleared my throat, then faced the four juniors with my chin up. "Are you sure you want to quit?"

"Yes!" They answered in chorus. This small girl here named Charity is a great singer. Such a waste we can't keep her--and another plus point to the Idles.

"Okay. I will give these back to you," I took four stapled papers from the membership folder. "But I want you to be truthful with me. What's the real reason?"

They looked at each other.

Busted.

"I already told you," the spokesperson said, "we would like to focus--"

"You're joining the Idle, right?" I looked at their eyes.

"No, we will--"

I thrust the papers in their hands. "I will not stop you from leaving this club, because it is your choice. But as your president--well, former president, at least I have the right to know the real reason."

After saying this I turned my back, and pulled Eunice away.

"That's cool, Pres!" Eunice whispered and I winked at her.

"How many members do we have now?"

"Sixteen."

"Great. One more member lost, and we're goners." We got out of the music room and are now walking in the deserted hallway. It was almost an hour after the dismissal time, and the students have all went home.

"We need to think of a way to convince students to join," Eunice voiced what I have been thinking.

"If only my idea worked..." I said without a thought. Eunice frowned at me. "Well, I had this idea of inviting JK Alison to join."

"No way? That JK Alison?"

"Yes." I sighed. Now that I'm thinking of it again, all the shame came back three times hard.

"How did it--"

"Don't ask me what happened." I gave her a gloomy look and she got it, she just nodded sadly. "Can you think of anyone we can actually invite?"

"Hmmm. What about..."

But Eunice's answer was prevented by a slight disturbance in the room we were about to pass. It's the student council office, and it's the place I would not like to got held off into.

"Let's go quick, Eunice or the SC President will---"

The door of the SC office opened and a guy in glasses went out. Rameses Montemayor, the student council president. He closed the door in a very authoritative manner, and everything from his name to his shoes screams with authority.

"Speaking of the." I murmured, and stopped walking. The SC President just stood on our way.

"Well, it's the Music Club President." He gave me a little nod. "How is it going with your club, Rose Anne?"

He always call me by my full first name. I don't know his problem, but he never actually smiled at me.

Right on my left ear, Eunice whispered, "He's JK's friend."

I stared at Pres. Rameses Montemayor. A hilariously crazy idea just came into my mind. Say I can convince PRM, then maybe I can...

"Don't think about recruiting me, Rose Anne, because I got too much on my plate already." He smirked. "I heard you approached JK?"

My eyes bulged.

How did he know?!?!

"It's all over the school," PRM's smirk widened into a sly smile. "I didn't know that instead of thinking of ways to save your club, you go around handing out love letters."

Eunice's eyes widened, "Love letter?"

I motioned her to stop asking, then I faced PRM. "I did not intend to... Well, it's hard to explain. So---"

Just then, a chubby guy in round glasses came shouting. I recognize him as a member of the theater club, for I have seen him with Sue before. "Hey! Big news! Rose Anne Leighton's friends are--" he stopped and almost tripped when he saw me. "Erm..."

"What is it?" I asked.

"Er... Your friends are... They are..." He glanced at PRM, "talking to JK. It seems like they are p-persuading him to accept her love letter."

"What?!" Eunice exclaimed.

If I could only faint, then I will. But I must go and prevent whatever my friends are planning. I know they are not giving the damned letter, but I am sure they might still be persuading him..

"Where are they?!" I asked in a slightly loud voice.

The guy flinched, "N-Near the d-dance room--"

Not minding I was in the middle of a conversation with the council president, I ran away, Eunice running after me.

With the speed I have used, it took me a short run from the hallway to the dance room which is at the back of the building I was in just a while ago. From afar, I can see a small crowd of people watching. Sheez.

"Sue! Elise!" I shouted, as I run towards the center of the crowd.

"Rose!" Sue said, holding me off. I saw Elise talking to JK who seems like he's having the most uninteresting time of his life.

God, how did I ended up liking this guy? He looks so cold.

"...atleast consider it, please!" Elise said. I can see she's losing her patience. The blonde guy is smirking behind JK, now come to think of it, I knew him. He is Jim Carl Inocencio, Elise's club mate in Fluidx. And based on what I heard from Elise, she doesn't like this guy much.

JK frowned and looked at Elise, "Why would I? Would I benefit from it?"

Not taking it anymore, I freed out of Sue's grip and went beside Elise. "No, you would not benefit," I said loudly and Elise was shocked. I snatched the letter from her hand. The letter of invitation I so keenly have written, with the hope that he would at least consider it. That he would help me. Shame on me for hoping.

I looked at JK's cold eyes. "I don't want the help of someone who has chosen to forget his art."

JK Alison stared back at me. I don't know what made me say that to him, but based on the way his jaws are clenching, he is not happy about it.

"Are you sure, you will not need my help?" JK said contemptuously.

"Of course." I crumpled the letter in my hand. "Let's go, Elise." And I turned my back on the man I have loved all this time (╥ ╥)

"Are you sure about this?" Sue asked as we walk away from the crowd.

"Yep. From now on, I won't ever, ever approach that JK Alison."

Elise tapped me on the back, "That's my girl. Forget about him, he's not worth it."

"I agree," said Sue and she linked her arms with my right arm and we walk together side by side.

Okay. I must be optimistic. This day might not be what I have wanted, but tomorrow might be different.

Fingers crossed.

----Jim's POV

I was whistling as I watch JK play billiards by himself. Honestly, I can't understand why we went here in the billiards hall all of a sudden.

"Hey. You're here."

I looked at the door way and saw a tall guy with glasses entering. He took one cue stick and walked towards us. He leaned on one arm on the pool table beside me.

"How long has he been thinking?" He asked. Now that he's near, I can remember who he is. I transferred here last year and I still can't get a hold of everyone's names.

"You're Rameses right? The SC President?" I asked and he nodded. "What do you mean 'thinking'?"

He pointed at JK. Then faced the vacant table and started arranging the balls. "I know him. He plays billiards whenever he wants to think."

I nodded. I have been JK's friend since last year, but I only knew about this today.

"You're Jim Inocencio, right?"

"Yep."

"What club are you in?"

When I first arrived here, I was shocked when people often ask what club I have joined. It turned out, people will judge you depending on the club--which represents your craft--you are into.

"Fluidx."

"Oh, so you dance."

"Yeah. A bit." I tapped the floor with my cue stick. "I'm the club president."

"Ah, I see. It means you're good. You only transferred last year, yet you were chosen to lead the club."

I laughed, "Not quite. But I can dance, yes."

I looked at JK. He still looks serious. I mean, he is always quiet. But he is much quieter this time.

I looked back at Rameses. "Hey, President--"

"Call me RM. JK calls me that."

"RM. That girl. The brown haired one named Rose? Do you know her?"

To my surprise, RM smiled. "She's the music club president."

"Really? Her friends said she wanted to invite JK to join the club."

RM glanced at me over his shoulder. He was preparing to strike the balls. "So that's what she wants? Have JK join the club?"

"I think so." Then I remembered the love letter that Rose had written and I can't help but laugh. "That girl sure is good at writing love letters!"

RM didn't speak. He started playing too.

"RM, can I ask you a question? Do you have a club?"

"None. I quit two years ago."

"Which club?"

"The literary arts club."

"Woah. Why did you quit?"

"Got elected as SC representative."

So he's been in the student council since sophomore. Cool.

"How about JK? Does he have?"

RM straightened up, adjusted his glasses and glanced at JK who was putting some chalk in his cue stick. "He was the most famous member of Fluidx."

"What-- He was?!" I looked at JK. This quiet, cold guy--- he dances!?

RM smiked, "No wonder Rose Anne wanted him to join. He can save her club."

"Why did he quit?"

"That," RM started playing again, "is something you need to ask him."

I sighed. I doubt JK would tell me.

I chalked my cue stick too, and started playing with RM. A few minutes later, two students entered. A guy with an overlarge gucci glasses and jacket entered, followed by a girl who I think has the prettiest face I have seen in this vicinity.

"Great. We have the SC President here," the guy flatly said, removing his shades.

I am a guy. But this guy here---his face looks unreal! Is he human or a doll?

Geez, what are you thinking, Jim?

"Van, so you're back?" RM smiled. "And you too, Jennie."

The girl blew her pink chewing gum and let it pop. Then she smirked. "You sound disappointed, RM."

"Oh, no. I am happy that you're here."

"Tch." Van bit his lower lip, then put back his shades on. "Let's go Jennie. Let's play somewhere else."

"Okay." Then they went out.

"Who are they?" I have only seen them today.

"Vaness Richardson and Jennie Riviera. They're models. They have been exchange students in Paris, and have joined the Paris fashion week last May."

Wow. That's why I have only seen them today.

"Don't get too amazed at them." RM resumed his play, "They don't look as harmless as they seem."

Frowning, I stared at RM. What does he mean?

"Jim. I'm done here. I'm going home." JK said, then throwing the cue stick on the table, he went out.

"Bye!" I called, but he just walked away. "Mind if I stay a bit, RM?"

"Sure."

And we played.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58K 1.1K 31
"You're fucking crazy" "I'm crazy for you sweetheart." The sequel to the book is he's back
9.6K 712 9
HER life was quite simple, but that is until she gathered her courage and decided to complete her internship in a state prison for men. HIS life seem...
2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
179K 10K 33
It's hard to court someone especially when you're a girl. And it's even harder when that someone still can't recover from his past and you of all peo...