Wavering Storms

By SamuelStormbringer

"He's not good for you, but you're good for him." A smile meant you were happy, but was it really worth it to... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
note
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four

forty-nine

1.8K 77 19
By SamuelStormbringer

The Best kind of Love
~•°•~

There were things that happened for a reason. Some, meant to be great, some meant to be sad, and some meant to change your life. And what was happening was neither of the three. Lyra grimaced as she tried to think of way distracting herself from the pain in her heart. After hearing what Felix had to say, she wasn’t too certain about Gael. She grimaced, not feeling the same kind of security she felt earlier today.

Her feet slowly trudged through the woods, letting the scent of many other wolves to waft into her nose. In the clear light of the day, she tried to convince herself that her world wasn’t becoming crappy.

Part of her knew that hanging to a sliver of hope Ignacios gave her was a mistake waiting to happen. But she held on to it, grabbed it by the thread and wrapped it around her hand.

But why exactly? That thread was like fire, leaving a scorching trail on her skin. She took herself back in time, trying to remember how Ignacios held her so slowly. Her skin prickled with sudden desire anticipation as she imagined his eyes looking at her with a desire and hunger. She gulped at the idea. In the blurred lines of her own thoughts, holding on to his promise was the only constant thing.

Ever so slightly, she let her fingers drag through the bark of every tree she passed on. The rough texture only reminded her of the scar on her neck. She grimaced with pain. It was a burn mark that constantly reminded her that Evan still had a hold on her. But with Ignacios, she forgot all about him. She wondered if Iggy would still take her then when it boiled down to them being alone.

She sighed, sitting down on the ground, leaning against a tree. The silence of the forest was what she needed as she tried to throw the fact that her whole world was crumbling down. But the recluse of the moment was interrupted when the familiar strong scent of a wolf in anger crept into her nose. She gazed over her shoulder and peeked behind the tree. It was who she thought it was. He had followed her scent again.

Ignacios walked with a worried frown on his lips. Eyes darkened as he walked over to her.

“My moon.” He almost cried.

Her eyes softened as he neared her. His knees hit the ground and he cupped her cheeks. The sudden contact of his rough skin caused fires inside in her. She reddened as she stayed still, trapped between his caring eyes and loving touch.

“What are you doing here?” She asks.

She nervously let her tongue ran over her lip. Anxiousness was drowning her. It made her feel weak just to feel him near her own body.

“I just had to see you,” he pressed his lips together. “I think I almost died seeing that gun pointed at you.”

She was silent. At the moment the pistol’s muzzle dredged in her direction, she thought it might have been the end. But when she saw him standing there, she held so much fear in her eyes. She was afraid it might kill him instead of her.

Gently, his red pale lips landed on her temple as he enveloped her into his arms. The erratic beating of his heart was a lull that made the muscles of her body fail to respond, turning her into mush. It was odd how she could just melt in his arms so easily when everything around her fell apart into large pieces of rubble.

“I hadn’t slept one single minute last night. I only thought of you.” He murmurs against her ear.

His warm breath fanned her neck. It sent shivers down her body. She looked at him straight in the eyes and touched his face. He breathed in sharply as he held her hand against his cheek, kissing it as he closed his eyes. In their tiny little world, Lyra reveled in her love for him. His willingness to show his vulnerability was what showed her how much courage he had in his heart.

Ignacios opened his eyes and looked at her.

“I think I might die just thinking of you.” He smiles, sadly looking down at her face. “It could be from a heart attack or fatigue, but I’ll rest easy because knowing it beats for you.”

“You’re not exactly James Fraser, are you?” She says.

All the softness in his voice only reminded her of a show with a Scot that kept his promise to his wife. Saying his words in an enthralling way that almost always moved her. Maybe it would too much of a stretch to say that. They lived in a situation far more different than the one she was in.

“Who? Is he another friend of yours?” He asked with confusion.

“No one, he’s not a real person.” A smile spread across her lips as she shook her head.

“Whoever he is, I’m the one holding you.”

She held the need to laugh. Just thinking about him being jealous of fictional character made her heart warm up. He was indeed possessive and jealous. She wondered what it would feel to be with him. Would he worry constantly about her? She dismissed the thought and brought back herself to him.

“What happened to Jasper? What did you say to him?”

She could see he was expecting her to ask him that. His tone suddenly turned more serious and he spoke.

“I told him I would talk to you and he needed to calm down. His whole family was from the East. They fled hear but I don’t remember why. I guess the whole thing is lost to my wolf.”

“They were terrified of me…it must be something terrible.” It made her feel terrified of the extreme things people would do to something they were afraid of.

“I’m sorry.”

She cocked her head with confusion. “It’s not your fault. You don’t have to apologize.”

“Somehow, I feel like it is. If I just had better control of my wolf, I could just end this whole mess.”

“Ignacios,” she called her his name. Gently, she let her fingers follow the contours of his face. Her eyes trained on his red lips as she continued to touch him. It made him breathe sharply. “I told you enough of that. Whether your wolf is here or not, it’s you that I love and that’s what matters.”

The shocked expression on his face only made her regret what she had to say. What if it was too soon? But she was certain it was what she felt for him and nothing else. No more doubts, she followed what her instincts told her.

A glint of utter shock plagued his gray eyes. “You…you love me?”

“Don’t you?” She answered with a question, raising both of her brows.

She could tell he was nervous too. The slight quiver of his lips told her that.

“I thought it would be too soon to tell you that.”

“What if it’s too late then?”

“Then I’d start saying I love you too for every single day for the rest of my life.”

He closed the gap between them until their lips met. The soft velvety feel of his warm touch was euphoria that quaked and thundered under her skin. A moan escaped her, causing her to burn with redness. But Ignacios didn’t stop. Instead, he pulled her into his lap and cradled her as he continued his gentle assault of kisses. She found herself pulling his collar, needing to be closer and closer.

“I love you,” he whispered between kisses. “so damn much and it hurts.”

She whimpered as she felt he moved his lips sucked her skin with his tongue. It was was a feeling that consumed her gravely. Overwhelmed by the intensity of their stolen moment, she gasped as she pulled away from him. His usually pale face was the color of a red tomato. The glossy sheen on his lips and gray eyes made her want to kiss him again.

She wondered if he was as aroused as she was. The feeling of being saturated in her clothes only made her knees go weak and unstable. But the obvious solid bulge that pressed against her bottom made her shut up and gulped nervously. He smiles, the infectious and saccharine grin he holds causing her to smile too.

“I hate that we only steal our time. I don’t want this to be over.” He closed his eyes and leaned on the tree, never letting her go out of his secure hold.

She felt the same too. It was certainty that both of them longed for but the fleeting moment they currently reveled in was what they could hope for.

“It’s the only thing we have.” Her hand reached for his, squeezing his hand.

He nodded in agreement. He was silent as he played with the necklace that hung around her neck and stayed calm. The moment passed, she rested her head on the crook of his neck. Small snores left his lips. His enthralling scent and the lulling beat of his heart sent her into oblivion, letting herself drift off to sleep.

Hours later, as the sun hung directly over their heads, she felt his hand gently combing through her ginger red hair. His finger lingered on her nape, touching the burnt part of her skin. Suddenly, she felt conscious. They haven’t talked about it yet, but what did he really feel about the mark of another Alpha on her skin. The deafening silence of his action caused her to turn to him. He caught the softness in his eyes.

“Did I wake you?” He cocks his head worriedly.

“No, I guess, I’ve overslept.”

“It’s okay. I like watching you sleep.”

Most often, she could see through him. Now, the glass wall that he held over her was something she could not get used to. Maybe it was just the shock of the newness they were spending together, but why does it feel like it didn’t matter to him? It was made her horrid inside.

“What are you thinking about?”

She froze at his sudden question.

“It’s about the burn, isn’t it?”

How obvious was she? It made her feel exposed and insecure.

“Doesn’t it bother you that you’re not the man who’s taken me first?”

He chuckles. “As long it doesn’t bother you that you’re not the first woman to mark me.”

He pulled the collar of his shirt and exposed the mark on his nape. It was from Lois. She remembered the night where he got that. It was the very same festival that broke her. Just the memory of it made her heart ache. The moon was bright, the night was cold, and the dancing of wolves that somehow left a very strange sting in her heart. It was of the fact that she had no one to dance with. Ignacios was nowhere to be found and when she did, he was already holding Lois.

As if he was reading her mind, he stood her up and pulled her into a small clearing. The wind passed through her hair, causing him to smile at the sheer beauty he had witnessed before his very eyes. There was no way of pausing the moment as his swift feet spun her around, smiling at her when she wore a confused look.

“What are you doing?” She asks as he steps away from her.

“I’ve never sparred my feet with you.” He grins mischievously.

“You mean to dance? In the middle of the day?” Her eyes widened at the sudden gesture.

“Yeah, no one will see.”

“But what if someone does?”

“Then I’ll gouge their eyes and tongue out.” The simple shrug of nonchalance amazed her. This was him. The real Iggy who showed no reserve when it came to her. “Come on, live with me, my moon. You’re not afraid to dance with me, are you?”

Lyra shook her thoughts aside and nervously breathed out. Her lips suddenly felt dry. This was an incredulous idea, but as he took her hand to his, one small smile crept on her lips. The sudden rough pull of his hand caused her to gasp from surprise. He chuckled menacingly as he brought her hand up while his other hand held her waist.

“I have two left feet.” He nervously states and started dancing.

The dance of the wolves was a simple one and it always ended with blood. The male holds the female’s hand as he turns around her. Ignacios did so. He couldn’t stop himself from smiling as he spun her. Underneath the sun, her picturesque beauty glowed like a beacon that irrevocably draws him deeper into her ashen gray eyes. She was lost too. Obviously of her surroundings, trapped in the mesmerizing scene she was apart in. Every movement, sway, and spin brought her closer to his body until the space between them quickly disappeared. The difference in height between them did not hinder her to continue as she moves on her toes. He lifted her into the air and spun her. They paused as they breathed in heavily. Both panting and reeling from what had just happened.

The rhythm of their hearts was the beat to their private dance. It was gentle and passionate but daunting. Her lips quivered slightly as she stared into the ravenous abyss in his eyes. The dance had ended and it was the moment where she expected him to bury his canines into her skin. All the doubts in her disintegrated as he placed his hand behind her neck. She didn’t stop him. She let her heart control the emotions in her body as he lowered his mouth on her skin. He didn’t need to tell her anything as he breathed on her, she willingly opened for him. It was a strange yet wanted feeling.

To be taken by Ignacios.

To be his mate.

But as his teeth grazed the soft outer layer of her flesh, he stopped and pulled away. He looked nervous prompting her to put a hand directly over his heart.

“What’s wrong?” She gulped.

“I almost took you.” he shook his head. “I lost myself.”

Biting her lip, she wiped the sweat that formed on his forehead. She was confused with the struggle he had within him. What if he really did? She asked herself.

“I shouldn’t have done that.”

“Everything’s fine, Iggy.” She tried to convince him.

He turned and gave her a lopsidedly smile before he spoke. “It would have been unfair of me to take you when all the messy shit around me still goes on. I’m fucking selfish.”

He was thinking of her. Lyra didn’t know what to say. She was selfish too in a way that she had eagerly led him on to mark her. She was ready for that feeling. To be finally connected other than words, connected by marks. Suddenly she felt a pang of guilt in her chest. It hurt her to see him feel that way. As she stood, letting her own feelings boil in her, she couldn’t get rid of the fact that what she felt in the moment still raged on. She was on high with heat.

Restraining herself, she bit her tongue to prevent herself from speaking. He was right not to take her. It wasn’t the right time. She found herself smiling at him.

“You’re right, it’s not the right time.” she brought his eyes to her. The uncertainty in them only making her want to feel him closer. “But you make me feel safe, that’s why I’m not afraid at all.”

Her hand dove under his shirt. The sinuous curves of his body felt like hot fire as the heat he emitted continue to grow strongly. His breathing suddenly picked up until her hand reached for his pectoral. Her delicate touch thundered throughout the expanse of his shaking body.

“Lyra.” He hissed.

But she didn’t pause. Instead, his shirt fell onto the ground with one pull. She gulped as she consumed his naked body with her eyes. Her lips landed on his chest. She couldn’t imagine how much she wanted this. It was strong and unrelenting. It was as if the will to rip every clothing in his body was all she wanted as dealing with him with clothes on was no longer possible. She traced the valleys between his muscles and looked at him.

“Kiss me.” She says. The softness of her voice made him close his eyes. The conflict that plagued him soon disappeared as he grabbed her bottom with a rough sudden hold and brought her up to him. Lyra drowned in his intoxicating kisses. The breathlessness of her needing body was the last thing she remembered as one by one, the thin barrier of their clothing started to fall off their bodies swiftly without any kind of delay.

It was the right kind of love at the wrong time, but maybe there was a splinter of hope behind the tragic timing. The best kind of love always came at the end.

~•°•~

Here we go guys!
The second update for the day.  :3

I hope you like this chapter just as much as I do. And yes, I finally decided to do that. They did the thing! The thing!

Please, tell me your thoughts, down in the comment section below!

—Jino

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 33.6K 53
Unforgivable will be removed from Wattpad on Oct 20 2020 and published to Amazon Kindle! Lyri is a rejected she-wolf, but only she and her mate know...
486 288 22
In the mystical realm where Luna, a wolf with an ancient spirit, navigates the intricate dance of power and politics, her journey takes a captivating...
39 6 6
Can a princess love a pauper? Can a Alpha trust a rouge? Can a werewolf love his mate if she can't reveal her identity? Lyra Wisterian is the eldest...
9.1M 255K 54
Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBLISHED IN MARCH. He looks over everyone...