Wavering Storms

By SamuelStormbringer

"He's not good for you, but you're good for him." A smile meant you were happy, but was it really worth it to... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty-one
note
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four

thirty

1.1K 72 12
By SamuelStormbringer

The Celebration
~•°•~

Felix and Lyra walked side by side, silently trudging through the muddy path to the packhouse. It was eight in the evening, her thoughts still rumbled up about the fact he had cursed himself with a mark on the palm of his hand.

Reluctantly, she tried to contain her thoughts, preparing herself for the hideous sight of her mate together with his Luna.

"Are you sure we should have left without Edward?" Lyra asked, trying to make small talk.

"He's a lone wolf, you know he's never really like crowds." Felix smiled at her.

"You're right, he's probably fine." She said.

The large frame of the mansion they call home brought a strain on her heart. Thinking just a few more moments now, she would be standing meters away from the Wolf who had dangerously stolen her feelings.

"You first." He says, letting her enter through the door before him.

At every step she took, the heads of the wolves who were already there turned to her direction. Their feelings mixed and thundering through the whispers she could easily hear.

Lyra wore her hair beautifully, tied into a ponytail with a small black ribbon she found lying around Edward's home. She dawned a simple v-neck shirt that hugged her ample chest, over it was the jacket she came home with and her jeans were simply ragged and shoes an old hand-me-down given to her Edward.

"They're looking at you," Felix whispered behind her ear.

"Let's try not to attract attention." She simply said and raised her chin defiantly.

Lyra knew that would be hard, seeing as though she was banned, more appropriately exiled, she saw how easily it could be to be the hottest topic.

They walked to the pack's large and superfluous dining hall. It changed since the last time she was here. Her memories of being rejected in this very hall might not be pleasant, but at least the new decor brightened up her perception of this place.

The chandeliers alighted with candles looked beautiful. As the flames danced, there shadows followed. It was breathtaking, to say the least.

As the stares of the wolf continue to fester her movement, she caught the gaze of a familiar wolf, Jasper sitting on a table from across the room. It was a table of Seekers, she could tell. And beside him, his sister sat smiling and waving her small hand for Lyra.

She nodded, smiling lopsidedly as she took the vacant table and Felix followed. Sitting beside her, he slouched forward, a frown etched on his lips.

"Damn, there are so many new faces here," Felix said with awe. "It's really not surprising when he's the biggest baddest Alpha in the four corners of the country."

He was right, three years and she was almost certain the Northern wolves population grew into thousands.

Only moments later, Gael sat beside her. His charming grin infecting her. He was wearing a black leather jacket, tight fitted jeans and black, shiny dress shoes. He ran his hand through his brown hair, slinging his arm over Lyra's shoulder.

"Good evening, my Luna." He says.

"Get off me, Gael." She said pushing him off of her.

"Get off of her, Wolf." Felix says, a frown on his lips as he glared at the cheeky doctor who was too close for comfort.

He backed off, his grin only getting wilder as he found amusement in Felix's discomfort.

"Aye," he says as he raised his hands in defense. "my Luna, I'm sorry. I was not informed a walking grey-eyed jelly bag would accompany you tonight."

"What did you just say?" Felix said through greeted teeth.

"He said nothing, Felix." She says, glaring at Gael who maintained his smile. "Gael, shut up will you?"

Suddenly, she felt trapped between two males in a not so subtle argument. Their murderous aura leaking out from their pores was suffocating her.

"Lyra, I don't like this wolf." Felix says, his irritation clear from the scowl on his face.

Gael on the other hand, had a smile, mockingly chuckling as he sat further away from Lyra.

"Charming, I hate you too." The doctor says.

"Would the two of you just settle down?" She whispered.

Whatever happened to try and not attract attention? She sighed in exasperation. Lyra knew Gael never really had an affinity for Ignacios, she wondered if his distaste for the Alpha extended to his brother?

"I'm sorry, Lyra." He averted his gaze to Felix. "And to you too, wolf. I'm sorry. Let me introduce myself, My name's Gael Fontana."

"Felix Santillano."

A sigh of relief escaped her when they calmed down. Felix was scrolling through his phone, as to Gael, every time she looked at him, he cheekily smiled, displaying his perfect white teeth.

"I thought you already left?" She asked him.

"I was about to, but I guess my escort, the Beta's still too busy with pack work." He answered. "I'm glad I got to see you though, I'm still kinda skittish about going back."

"Don't worry, it's going to be fine."

"With your blessing, I know it will." He nodded, that childlike shine in his eyes making her remember the fact that she held a secret that might ruin him even more.

'He might be the father of Lois' child.' She thought bitterly. It was now a decision to make, whether to tell him or not.

If she did, she was afraid of how he would react. Did he really deserve more emotional pain? He was still in mourning for losing his partner, the girl named Odette and their child. She was afraid to be the one who took away his smile.

And if she didn't, what kind of friend would she be? Letting the opportunity pass now that he was going away felt like a spear was slowly slicing her open.

"Remember when you said you thought-"

"Hold that thought," he interrupted. "It looks like the event is about to start."

She looked at the direction he was facing, seeing a woman from across the room clothed in a green dress, smiling as she waved her hand to the people.

It was her.

Lois.

Behind her was the familiar build of her mate, his enthralling scent overwhelming her senses. His head hung low as he continued his walk in a slow-paced manner. He looked terrified and she was too.

The moment he raised his head, locking on her gaze, his down curved lips mouthing her name.

"Lyra." He says causing her legs to quake.

The deafening cheer of the people made her gag, their loud enthusiasm, and undying devotion only making her feel worse. She watched Lois snake her arms around Ignacios' neck, kissing him on the lips, leaving red tinted lipstick from where it touched his skin. His grey ashen eyes quickly gloss with disgust as he followed her.

He was in trouble, and all she did was watched from afar as he continued to suffer.

~•°•~
Hello everyone!

I actually didn't do anything today except write! 😂

I have no plans for the holidays. I hope you're having the times of your lives.

So here's the first part of tonight's update. Yes there's a second one coming later on.

It's short only because I decided to cut it in two chapters. A lot of things is going to happen in the next chapter!

Hope you'll still be with me later on for the real candy.

Anyways, I hope you liked the chapter, despite it being short, but I really want to hear or read your thoughts on the comments section.

Please remember to •vote•and•comment. 💕

Wishing you a great holiday,
—Jino

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21K 1K 63
In Lycan lore, every wolf believes there is a soul that is their equal in every way: a perfect match. Their meeting is predestined, preordained by th...
22.4K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
9.1M 255K 54
Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBLISHED IN MARCH. He looks over everyone...
153K 6.2K 36
MATE TRILOGY #3 | After two years of being the Luna, Lyra finds herself keeping up to her title. She is fierce, strong and quite the leader. But what...