Wavering Storms

By SamuelStormbringer

"He's not good for you, but you're good for him." A smile meant you were happy, but was it really worth it to... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
note
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four

twenty-two

1.5K 103 12
By SamuelStormbringer

Uneasy

~•°•~

It was morning, beams of sunlight eagerly crept through Iggy's blinds. A never-ending river of thoughts silently flowed through the seams of her mind. She forgot to sleep. She was consumed by questions that begged to be answered. Her antsy mind couldn't shake Iggy's declaration.

If it was true, all of the rotten things she heard about him might not be even his fault. She knew it was still a risk to trust him, especially if he was still hallucinating from Wolfsbane. But she had to know the truth, his truth to be exact.

And there was Iggy's mate, his Luna. Why did his Wolf want to protect him from his mate? She knew that shewolf was nothing but trouble. Lyra saw it from the beginning. That wolf might know something about her parents. After all, if Iggy's wolf was really that trustworthy, then it was very plausible that he got the information about Lyra's parents from Lois.

She scowled, all this stupid information left unanswered made her head throb with relentless pain.

After Ignacios passed out, she had hoisted him up to his bed, left him there and sat quietly. She had mixed emotions, but one thing was for sure. She had to find out everything about what his wolf had said. She would do anything to find the truth and escape the lies that shrouded her.

As she sat, contemplating her next action. A formal knock on his door sounded. In a second, it opened revealing the pack's Beta. His head peaking in, setting his eyes on hers. He looked as if he was surprised.

"Blessed be the Moon," he started. "is my Alpha awake?"

She shook her head lightly. "He's been down since I brought him back here."

That was a lie, of course, she didn't know who she could trust. The Beta only nodded, trying to mask the annoyed facade he wore. He entered the room, closing the door behind and stood beside the Alpha's bed. Diego silently seethed in anger, the overwhelming stench of unhinged frustration made her raise a questioning brow. Slowly, he looked up at her. The glint of anger in his brown eyes was unsettling.

"What are you even doing here? You're not a nurse." He said with a tone completely overflowing with unmistakable malice.

Why was she here? She was looking for answers, of course. But this eager rumbling on one side of her brain was insistent, almost innate as the thought of living him alone also made her heart ache unexpectedly. Maybe for reassurance, maybe that's why she was there to keep an eye on him.

"I took the liberty to watch him." She answered.

Snickering, he cast a sideways glance at her as he turned back for the Alpha. "My Alpha is well on his way to recovering, he doesn't need a whore like you loitering around him."

She clicked her jaw, silently letting strong angered emotions grow in her depths as her claws started to dig on her sides. She was right not to trust this wolf, because right now, she saw him as one spiteful idiot. She brushed his words off, hoping to avoid a confrontation. She had no energy left but if she had, she was sure she would have already taken his head off his shoulders.

"Then who will watch him?"

"My Luna, she's going to be up here in just a few minutes."

Odd, she thought. For so long, she hadn't seen Lois since she had gotten back here. If she really did care for Ignacios, she would have been the one who was in her position, watching out for him. But instead, she was nowhere to be found.

"Funny, it's been days since the Alpha has been out cold and I haven't even seen a single glance of her." she said. "Why is that?"

Diego only scowled at her. She knew she had gotten him where she wanted him, the irritated look on his face said it all.

"She was mourning, she didn't want to see him all bent out of shape like this."

"If that's the case, then does your Luna only loves him when he's healthy but not when he's unwell?"

There was no love in his life if that was the case. She threw a quick glance towards Iggy. His soft and calm expression plaguing her eyes as he wistfully slept with no trouble. The sudden pain that had managed to carve their way in her heart made her jolt. She realized, he had been living alone. He was forced to send Felix and her away, Edwards hated him for that. For years, was Ignacios really well? It seemed like he wasn't. All those years, trapped inside of his wolf might have destroyed his mind and emotions. She bit her lower lip, the idea of being alone for all that time made her feel sad for him. She brought her gaze back to the Beta.

"You wouldn't get it, no one loves you." He said.

For a second, she had almost believed him. But then again, there was Edward. She loved him and she would do anything to help him in any way, no matter the cost.

"I guess so." She said.

"The only kind of love you'll ever receive is when you sell yourself to other Wolves. Isn't that why you have the Easterner's mark?"

Her retort was stopped when the doorknob started to turn, she looked behind him. Her skin getting goosebumps as the strong scent of a familiar wolf made her suddenly stood. Her heart beat faster than before as the door crept open slowly. A raven haired wolf entered, with eyes looking like unfaltering storms of fury. His tired and livid expression slowly softened when he spotted her. Her shaky legs slowly walked across the room, and so did he. The atmosphere in the room suddenly shifted as Felix, started wrapping his strong big arms around her small waist, lifting her up and pressing her chest against his. The way his heartbeat loudly made her sigh, this feeling of familiarity again struck her. Felix, the wolf that she had treated like a brother was in her arms.

He let her go and kissed the top of her forehead, cupping her cheeks with excitement as he looked into her eyes.

"Wow," was his breathless first greeting word. There were tears on his eyes, the kind you got from feeling immeasurable happiness and a smile on his pale red lips.

"You're here," she breathed out. "I-I thought you went to another pack."

"Yes, why are you here?" Diego intervened, "didn't I tell you to stay in the parlor?"

Felix averted his gaze to the Beta, turning his body away from Lyra. "Hold your tongue before I rip it out myself."

"Why don't you go ahead and do that," Diego wickedly smiled. "I'm sure my Alpha would like to hear all about it."

Felix looked at his sleeping brother, then at the Beta. "Know your place."

"You wouldn't want your dirty little secret past to suddenly become not so secret anymore, right?"

Lyra raised a brow, watching Diego lock his jaw. His eyes burning with defeat as he went on and left the room but not before he glared at the both of them. Lyra looked at Felix, the thin-lipped smile on his lips disappearing as he turned to look at her.

"Lyra," slowly, he raised his hand to her neck, turning her head to reveal her mark. His grey eyes widened and then softened as if a quick idea had suddenly appeared in his mind. She quickly took his hand off of her. "I'm sorry."

She shook her head, "That's fine, but what are you really doing here?"

"Just some things I need to straighten up," he said. "and things to talk about with my brother."

"But, you just walked in here? The seekers and patrol wolves didn't stop you at the borders?" She asked.

With a quick nod, she sighed and held her hand. "I'll tell you, later. Right now, I'd like to have a private word with my brother."

Lyra nodded, the grave tone he had used indicated something already ominously serious. He turned away from her and went on his brother's side. Sitting from where Lyra sat before. She no longer stuck around and left the room without a single peep, her troubled mind still on fire. Felix was now here, back home. Lyra didn't know why, but somehow, it made her uneasy as anticipation started to build up in heart.

~•°•~
Hey, here I am with an update and I really want to ask you guys a question.

What would you like more?

Faster Updates but Shorter Chapters or Slower updates with lengthier chapters?

Or a mix of both like what I'm doing now?

Thank you so much for reading and I'm very sorry for this filler chapter.

I hope you liked the chapter! Please don't forget to vote and comment. 💕

Loving you always
-Jino

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 33.6K 53
Unforgivable will be removed from Wattpad on Oct 20 2020 and published to Amazon Kindle! Lyri is a rejected she-wolf, but only she and her mate know...
9.1M 255K 54
Highest Rank: #3 in werewolf THE LAST 15 CHAPTERS WILL BE TAKEN DOWN FEB. 1, 2019 DUE TO THIS BOOK BEING PUBLISHED IN MARCH. He looks over everyone...
22.5K 1.4K 24
***COMPLETE*** THIS IS THE FIRST BOOK I EVER WROTE SO ITS RUBISH I SUGGEST READING MY MORE RECENT BOOKS THEN READ THIS ONE TO SEE HOW I HAVE IMPROVED...
6.7M 234K 66
After being cheated on and abandoned, Alpha Dimitri refuses to ever love another woman again. His daughters, Sara and Sage watch as its consequences...