Wavering Storms

By SamuelStormbringer

"He's not good for you, but you're good for him." A smile meant you were happy, but was it really worth it to... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
note
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four

eleven

2.4K 124 22
By SamuelStormbringer

Thankful
~•°•~

“My neck, my back, li—”

Her sleep was interrupted by an unknown voice that made her groan. She opened her eyes, seeing nothing but the familiar sight of her old room. The ceiling, the walls, the posters, and the pictures of her, Iggy, Felix, and Ned on her table still standing. It was surprisingly clean, left untouched, and very nostalgic, bringing a sense of solace into her burning heart.

The only foreign thing was the wolf beside her bed and his smell. He had a pen and paper in his hand as he sat on the recliner. She felt her throat burn from thirst and the horrible lewd song he was singing didn't make it better.

“Water—” she breathed out, “please.”

She watched as the wolf looked at her with a small smile on his lips and a caring look in his eyes. He moved with a cautious step, his long muscly arms pouring water into a glass and handed it to her. The green in his eyes was a calming effect that made her ease up a bit. He didn't seem like a threat but more like a friendly face.

“Please, drink up,” he spoke with a calm tone. “You’ve been asleep for ten years, it's understandable that you're parched beyond hell.”

As Lyra drank the water, his words caused her to spray it out of shock and disbelief.

“What?” she gasped, her eyes widened in understandable fear.

The wolf laughed.

“I'm kidding, it's only been two days.”

She gave him a scowl, that devious smile of his only growing as he continued to chuckle and move on his seat.

She leaned forward, sitting on the bed as she looked at him with a dismayed reaction on her face.

“I’m sorry, it's always fun when I do that,” he said, still chuckling.  “How do you feel?”

“I feel like ripping someone's face off,” She growled.

“Ah—not a fan of jokes I see.” he quickly raised his hands in defense yet his smile was stuck on him like a child's. “The name’s Gael Fontana, I am an Eastern born and I’ll be looking over you until you get better.”

“You're a healer?”

He hummed his answer as he looked at her.

“Lyra, you're here because you have been induced to wolfsbane, you have a broken rib and you have a swelling neck. An indication that you are severely unfit to leave.”

“A broken rib, swelling on the neck. I don't remember how I got them.” She said in disbelief. What good was being a wolf when her injuries healed so slow?

Jasper did a number on her. He had tussled her around when he was abducting her from her home. But why was there swelling on her neck? She never remembered him doing anything.

With a sudden shock, she placed her hand onto her nape, feeling the mark left by the wolf she once loved.

“Well, I don't know but the rashes on your back are the result of Wolfsbane in your system, therefore slowing the healing process,” he said truthfully, taking a quick look at his papers. “Yup, it says so right here.”

“Was it only you that checked me?” she asked, vehemently looking down at her hands. No one must ever know her secret.

Gael smiled, his understanding eyes looking into her. “Don’t worry, no one knows except me. You saved someone’s life, you are a brave wolf.”

Her skin felt cold at his words. He was the kindest and she could never be thankful enough. Anyone could tell at how soft he spoke, the way his lips formed into a tight but cautious frown and his green eyes screamed only his genuine words.

“Let's not talk about it,” he said. “What is important is for you to get better.”

She nodded, silently thanking him for not digging deeper. She let him do his work, answering his every question until there was none. While he finished, he made sure she was fine with being herself and cleared out of her room, lowering his head as he walked out.

Alone, Lyra felt a strange tingling sensation in the pit of her stomach. Its intensity making her frown as she stood up from her bed. Her cold feet touched the floor ever so slowly, careful not to make any sound. She remembered the creaking sound on the sound of her bed, and when she tested it out, it was still there.

Her feet tiptoed towards the window, where the blinds were open, exposing her to the warm sunlight that passed through. She took a peek outside, into the backyard, and saw him.

Ignacios, with a small smile on his lips and a pup in his arms. He was swaying the child, cradling it as he slowly moved his hips. On his feet were children, looking up at him like a king.

A pang of sudden pain struck her chest. She could have had that, now a child with Ignacios was more unlikely to happen than a stampede of pink goats.

Ignacios looked up, greeting her gaze with a dull emotion. He really did change, so much. She glared at him and stormed out of her room.

Because right now, her only priority was to get out of here.

~•°•~

Gael sat on his bed, scrolling through his phone and reading his old messages. It was a pass-time of his, reading old forgotten texts to let himself remember the deed he had done that caused a human her life.

He never wanted it to happen. His mate’s rejection caused him to go into a pit of rage and a human girl was there to save him.

Her name was Odette. A human of many talents. But sadly, he had taken her life by accident. Her human body couldn't take the burn he had inflicted on her. He marked her and lost too much blood, leading to her demise.

He had lost a mate and lost the one person that truly loved him.

He relived the pain by watching old videos of him and Odette together. It was the only thing he could do instead of dying. To feel pain as long as he lived.

As he soaked in his silence, an urgent knock on his door came. Making him groan in frustration as he stood up and opened the door.

It was Ignacios, his narrow eyes giving him a cold stare.

“Oh great, what do you want now?” he said,  frowning as he looked at his Alpha.

He wasn't afraid of Ignacios one bit, if he was hurt, a war will ensue and Ignacios couldn't risk the life of his men.

“May I come in,” he asked. “Gael?”

Gael rolled his eyes and reluctantly nodded. “Sure, why not?”

Oh Moon, fuck me already and send me to hell.’ he thought, tiredly slumping on his bed.

He felt Ignacios stare at him, his grey eyes melting him as the second passed.

“What the heck do you want?” he spat.

Ignacios only stood, his lips turned into a frown. Gael wondered how this man could get so robotic! It scared him to think that Ignacios was only a robot and not a human, like in those movies where every human was replaced with robots. The thought made shivers run down his spine.

“The injured red-headed wolf,” he glared at him. “how is she?” The wolf asked with a concerned yet spiteful tone.

Gael smiled, squeezing the bridge of his nose as he looked at him straight in the eyes. Although he was speaking to an Alpha, Gael never really feared him. Ignacios was a wolf that had done and said so much that he had become numb from his threats.

“She is fine,” he said. “Although, I am quite concerned for her well-being. Based on her healing rate, it seems like she hasn't shifted into her wolf for years. It's a wonder why she hasn't cleaved herself yet.”

Lyra Montefalco was an enigma for him. She was a wolf famous because of her parents and her history here at their pack. He heard the rumors but he wasn't the kind of man that indulged in stupid petty talk.

She looked like a vulnerable wolf capable of doing something great.

“I don't care about her well-being after she's gained her health, she leaves, never to come back.” Ignacios flatly said, his words devoid of any kind of emotions.

He frowned, “Her health is what is important, for her to recover, it will take months.” he said. “She needs to stay.”

“She leaves, her presence is affecting the pack. I will not have her evil taint my territory,” he said.

Oh shit, what an asshole. It's not like the reputation of this pack is as pristine as a baby’s ass.

“I am the doctor and as a wolf who specializes in taking care of other wolves, I suggest she stays. With her current state, she could be mauled by rouges as soon as she steps out of this pack,” he said.

Ignacios shook his head, “And I am the Alpha, what I say goes.”

“Oh don't be so fucking heartless!” he exclaimed. Gael never really took it kindly when others looked down upon others. He hated people with power, just like Ignacios.

Gael watched as Ignacios swiftly grabbed him by the collar and raised him, glaring into his eyes as the only emotion he could sense from the alpha was anger.

“Hold your tongue Fontana. If it were not because of me, you would have fallen into the hands of rogues and they'd devoured you like the swine you are.”

He felt his anger simmer inside of him. He had no power over Ignacios, he was far from being the same level as the Alpha.

And he hated that.

“Oh, I’m sorry. What am I supposed to feel about that?” he mocked, smiling at the Alpha.

Ignacios kept a smile, a daunting glint passed through his eyes.

“You should be thankful. You are a prime suspect of a human girl’s murder. Police are looking for you and you being in my pack is already a big favor enough.”

He stopped completely immobilize by the Alpha and his words. Ignacios smirked and let him down.

“Do what you must with her.” Ignacios patted Gael’s shoulder, a display of dominance as he smugly smiled.

Gael had to fight off his need to try and throttle the Alpha to death.

He stood as he let Ignacios walk out of his room, with his emotions darkened and dying.

~•°•~

Here you are, guys! Sorry for the late update, I was actually kind of busy with school.

Big F for me for failing my exams in Calculus. :-/

Please tell me your thoughts in the comments, especially about Gael!

Don't forget to vote!

Loving you always,

Jino. 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Queen By Gaye

Werewolf

163K 4.8K 22
"I am Luna Feia Agreste and I am the queen." It's true. I am the queen. Not because I am the luna, heck I don't want to be one, but because I am the...
121K 11.9K 69
Xyra Lumina Crescent, first born child to two full-blooded alphas and an alpha female. Xyra is hidden away from her pack, from the outside world and...
64.8K 635 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
373 15 15
Lyra has been held hostage by the man who killed her father for 14 years now. She has been treated as a slave by her captors enduring torture and ha...