Wavering Storms

By SamuelStormbringer

"He's not good for you, but you're good for him." A smile meant you were happy, but was it really worth it to... More

Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
note
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four

six

2.8K 140 23
By SamuelStormbringer

The Terrible
~•°•~

Lyra stood in front of her mirror, silently wishing to shrink down and to be stepped on. Wishing for her demise was the only thing she could think of now, especially that she was about to see her mate again.

She wanted to sing her own perish song, but why couldn't she? Maybe because she hasn't fought for him enough. She just gave up and watched him marked another wolf.

Fighting would only be fruitless. Defying the Alpha would be stupid and will only mark her as a traitor to their pack. Everybody saw how he marked Lois, but nobody saw her ran away from the painful scene of her mate with another wolf.

She looked at her face, her grey eyes too dull to reflect any kind of emotions she was feeling. Her dry heart stopped beating when her wolf stopped howling.

She chastised herself for not being enough. For being too stupid to believe that love exists in her world. For falling for Ignacios. He was too high to reach, while every second that passed, she sank deeper into a pit of despair she feared she might not get out of.

A knock on the door snapped her back to reality, realizing it was probably Felix. She sighed, grabbing her necklace that hung from the vanity mirror. It was the same necklace that Felix gave her as a gift. She quickly put it on as fast as she could.

“Are you okay? Do you need any help in there?” Felix’s voice chimed in, making her groan.

“I'm fine, be there in a minute.” She said, shaking her head in frustration. She hated getting ready for everything.

Lyra opened the door, seeing Lex was stood upright against the wall painted in creamy white. He smiled lopsidedly, nodding as his eyes skimmed over her frilly black off-shoulder dress that showed her skin.

“Black?” He nodded, catching a glimpse of sadness in her eyes. “Suitable.” His voice seemed eerily low, there was an edge in his voice that made her frown.

Suitable?!

Black was for mourning loss, but she never intended to do it. She had just grabbed the closest thing she could grab that was mildly appropriate for the evening. Her brain ran a thousand miles. She wasn't supposed to be here.

Doing this.

Talking to Felix.

Dressed in black.

Pretending to be okay when inside, all that was happening is the raging of the squall she could hardly control.

A quick pang of pain shot through her veins as she remembered Iggy’s face. Smiling under the sun as he ran away from her. His I love yous, his eyes, his hair, his scent all over her and the thought of his bare body clashing against her was an intoxicating idea that caused tears to cascade down her cheeks.

‘I love you, Lyra.’

She heard his voice through her thoughts, weakening her legs. She felt two strong arms held her up, gripping her shoulders in a tight hold.

“Dammit, Lyra,” Felix whispered, squaring his jaw as he took her into his arm, burying his face into the crook of her neck.

She didn't give a damn. A familiar touch was what she needed the most now. No awkward exchanges but instead, she threw herself onto him and pressed her body against his. She cried on him, sobbing like a child against his chest.

“There baby sis. Cry all you need.” He says.

She felt her wolf snicker at his voice. At least her wolf still moved, if it didn't it just meant she would be cleaved.

“Why is my life so shitty, Lex?” She asked, knowing the full answer to that question. She was cursed by the Moon Goddess.

She heard him sigh, his breath blowing her hair.

“Look up,” he said. The tone that he used very demanding, that of an Alpha’s. She followed and looked him directly in the eyes. “it's shitty because you're making it shitty. Don't be a fucking wimp when the Moon sends you a bomb, Lyra. She doesn't give you anything if you can't handle it.”

“He hates me.” She sobbed. “Maybe the Moon likes it when I contemplate death every time.”

“She doesn't, Lyra.”

“My parents killed your parents. Why are you doing this? Why do you still care for me?” She asked, her heart broke apart when she saw the pain in his eyes.

“I don't care about that and you know that.” He says, scowling at her.

“Hate me!” She hit his chest, sending him a barrage of punches. He didn't flinch. Her soft fists were stopped when he embraced her tightly, trapping her into a lock. She squirmed and raged, trying to be freed from his vice-like grip.

“Stop it!” he grabbed her wrist as the other continued to hit him.

“Hate me.” She sobbed. It was all she could do. The dread in her and the hopelessness it brought made her want to scream. To be hated and to disappear.

“I said fucking stop it!” His bellowing shrill made her pause. She looked up at him, seeing his eyes blazing in anger. “Do you think I care? I don't. If ever I did, what did you think I was going to do? Fucking blame you that your parents killed mine while you freaking slept in a damn cradle?” He paused shaking his head in anger. “It's not your freaking fault okay? And if Iggy thinks otherwise then, screw him. He doesn't deserve you, Lyra. Doesn't deserve your damn tears. So let go of him before you hurt yourself trying to fix him.”

She paused, breathing heavily as she looked at him. His words felt like hot steel burning her skin. Yet the stubborn side of her couldn't let go of Iggy.

He rolled his eyes and groaned, giving her a stern look.

“On your feet, Lyra.” His voice although still very rough, had a sense of coolness within it. He cupped her cheeks, taking in his lower lip, and hugged her. “The terrible prey on your tears, Lyra. Don't let them strengthen themselves by seeing you cry.”

She nodded, swallowing a lump in her throat as she looked up.

Right, don't let others see your tears.

~•°•~

As she entered the pack’s mess hall, the irritating laughs and joyful noises that flew about the whole room made her throat dry, her head a little bit dizzy as she skimmed her eyes over the crowd of wolves.

She felt Lex hold her hand, squeezing it to reassure her.

“Take a seat, I'll get us something to eat.” He walked away, making her tremble as she watched his broad back stalking away.

She went to a table where no one was sitting on and rested her head on the tabletop, closing her eyes as she listened in on other people's conversation. It was just chatter between wolves, the normal day at school, work, and normal exchanges between lovers. It sickened her.

Her nose twitched at a familiar scent. It was from Ned! She raised her head, seeing him smile at her. His kind blue eyes watching her kindly. He took the seat beside her and kissed her temple. Ned, her adoptive father was the only real comfort in her life.

“Baby,” he said. “you look very beautiful. Just like your mother.”

She missed his voice and his very presence. Sometimes she wondered what it would feel to have her parents. But that was just a thought now. It was only Ned that mattered.

“Have you eaten yet? Can I get you something to eat?”

“I'm fine, Neddy. Felix is getting us food.” She said, looking over to Felix carrying two empty trays.

“Uh, yes. Felix,”  he says, his tone very dry. Almost ominous making Lyra raise a brow.

“What is it?” Her heartbeat quickened as she saw Edward's eyes shine with sadness.

“Time for you to leave this place, Lyra.” He said, breathing in deep. “I’m sorry to do this to you, my daughter.”

What did he mean? She widened her eyes, sending him a questioning look as behind her mind, a myriad of questions flew.

“I thought, if I let you alone for as long as possible, you would cleave yourself.” He lowered his gaze.

A pain shot through Lyra's chest. Her own Ned wanted her to be cleaved?

“This isn't just a pack dinner. It's a ceremony. Ignacios and Lois are going to mark each other again, this time for everyone to see. Even the young.”

Her jaw trembled and the skin on her back crawled at the idea of it. Seeing it again? Living through the pain to be cleaved?

But this was what she wanted.

She wanted to be cleaved. She was engulfed with pain as she caught the sight of Ignacios. Her eyes trained on his body, dressed in a thin crew neck shirt. His movement too dangerous. She watched as his jaw tightened when he stared at her. His stormy grey eyes consuming her energy from across the room.

She turned back to Ned, looking at him. “Why?” She formed her knuckles into fists as a sudden surge of anger rose inside of her. “Why do you want me to be cleaved? So I can be truly alone?”

She realized that now, cleaving would make her lose her memories. She would forget where she came from.

“So I won't lose you. I've lost too many wolves in this pack, and I will not lose you. Especially if you don't know the truth.” Edward raised his voice, looking down at her with a very torn expression written all over his face.

“Ned, you're here. What's going on?” Felix appeared on their side with food in his hands.

The anger in her only grew further. Maybe Felix knew.

Maybe Felix knew that she would be cleaved and he would swoop in to rescue her. It was too much of a stretch to think that but her mind couldn't help to think through all these possibilities.

She sent him a deadly glare, sending Felix daggers through her eyes.

“You're half the wolf I expected you to be.” She stood up and walked past him.

“Lyra, wait.” He grabbed her wrist, stopping her in her tracks and turning her around. “I don't understand.” He shook his head.

She heaved in, “Did you know?” She waited for him to answer but all she got was a worried and confused reaction. “That Edward wanted me to be cleaved?”

“What?!” He exclaimed with a very surprised tone.

She yanked her wrist away from his grasp and walked towards Ignacios. Staring him in the eyes, trudging past the whispers. The spoons and forks scraping against the plates and chattering amongst wolves and all the other things that surrounded her moved and sounded slow. Her heartbeat was the only thing she could hear as she held his gaze.

She wasn't nervous. She was no doubt sure. If she was to be cleaved, at least she went down fighting for what was truly hers.

Her skin felt cold as she neared him. She felt her wolf growl, wanting to be let out.

She was captivated by how he engulfed the whole room with his intensity and dominance. His strong, lean physique a marker of his status. And that inexplicable feeling of superiority that exuded from him was not only weakening, but it was also undeniably overwhelming.

“Ignacios.” She raised her chin.

“Lyra,” he said. His voice too casual it was almost freezing. “what a surprise.”

With a swift motion, she poured her beating heart in and grabbed him by the neck. Pulling him down until their lips touched each other. The heat from him crossed to her body. His warmth eviscerated the feeling of grief inside her. She knew his wolf squirmed inside of him when he reached for her cheeks. Cupping them as he kissed back. Their lips danced in a synchronized sensation, a show of true love to some but for the pack members, everyone was aghast. Their horror was written all over their faces.

She felt herself getting pulled away from him, her eyes trained on his smiling lips. His evil grin burning through her chest.

He was far gone.

“A whore!”

“A defiler!”

“Burn her!”

“In front of the new Luna?”

“Kill her!”

She heard them screamed as she was brought to her knees, her eyes flowing with tears. Their expressions and their vile words were the only things she could hear.

“Let her go!” She heard Felix order. “Give me her.” He took her into his arms and held her close.

“Alpha Felix! She is nothing but a tainted whore who only wishes to destroy you and your brother's name.” A wolf screamed in the crowd.

“That's enough.” She looked up, seeing Lois walk into the crowd. She felt disgusted just by watching her raise her chin. This was the wolf that was behind it all. The wolf that made her mate betray her. She wished nothing but death for Lois.

“It's not her fault that her delusions have turned her into this. She is unwell, let her be.” Lois says. “It's for our Alpha to decide.” She smiled at Ignacios, their eyes connecting for a secret exchange of words.

She felt Felix tensed up as he stared at the amber-eyed vixen in front of him. The hate in his brings showing through.

“I as your new Luna respect the Alpha’s wishes. So what will it be, my Ignacios?” She caught Lyra's eyes.

Her wolf charged inside of her, but Felix held her tight, preventing her to move or do anything.

Her body trembled tremendously as she watched Ignacios take a step towards her and spoke.

“I, as your Alpha. Hereby, exile Lyra Montefalco. To never be allowed to set foot in the Northerner’s borders and shall be prosecuted. Those who oppose shall meet the same fate.” He uttered, silencing her as her heart broke into a thousand tiny pieces.

“I do.” Felix bellowed, holding himself as he glared at his brother. “You disgust me.”

Ignacios scoffed, walking away. His broad back an ending to this conversation. She watched Lois smile a victorious grin, her heart burnt out. She failed her promise.

She let the terrible see her tears, now Lois was smiling that annoying smile. She was evil.

“Take them away,” Lois ordered and turned her back against them.

With haste, Felix dragged Lyra away and went their separate way to their rooms. She quickly packed all the necessary things she could carry and went into the dark. She didn't wait for Felix. He would only be there to taint her feelings and that was the last thing she what to wanted.

With her heart in a catastrophe and her mind storming in anger, she went into the darkness of the night. Carrying the hollow feeling of despair Lois Quezon has brought down upon her.

~•°•~

There! Bang! Here's the update you guys! I would really appreciate it if you share your thoughts!

Loving you always,

Jino.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

151K 6.2K 36
MATE TRILOGY #3 | After two years of being the Luna, Lyra finds herself keeping up to her title. She is fierce, strong and quite the leader. But what...
3.4M 153K 61
[COMPLETED] Lyra is a human living among wolf-shifters. Without being blessed with a beast, she tries her best to fit in the pack. Just when she tho...
20 6 6
Can a princess love a pauper? Can a Alpha trust a rouge? Can a werewolf love his mate if she can't reveal her identity? Lyra Wisterian is the eldest...
6.7M 234K 66
After being cheated on and abandoned, Alpha Dimitri refuses to ever love another woman again. His daughters, Sara and Sage watch as its consequences...