Wavering Storms

By SamuelStormbringer

"He's not good for you, but you're good for him." A smile meant you were happy, but was it really worth it to... More

Prologue
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
note
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four

four

3.1K 148 28
By SamuelStormbringer

Rejection

~•°•~

The next two days came without a bit of a struggle. The endless amount of emotions that surged in her was making her crazy.

Felix of all people had taken her lips. To people, it might not seem to be a big deal but to her, giving the right things to the right people is what matters most.

And it wasn't Lex. He wasn't her mate.

I love you.’ She remembered him say.

He shouldn’t. But the way he said it, the way his eyes darkened still made her body stiffen with fear no doubt.

It was the day of the festival, the preparations were finished and wolves from other packs have started pulling in. It was looking like another successful year. The pack farmers had again managed to harvest a surplus of crops.

Although shaken, she wasn't deterred. She was still going to find her mate no matter what, even if it was going to be an awkward encounter with Felix, assuming if he remembered the night.

She shook her head, profusely convincing herself that it was all going to be alright. But she couldn't shake the fact that the fear of the impending newness coming to her life was stuck on her mind.

As she stared outside her bedroom window, she saw Iggy, his arms wrapped around the waist of a raven-haired wolf. Her smile was stretched, her beauty a striking feature that had almost made her gouge her own eyes out. It was the same she-wolf that she saw in class the other day. The amber-eyed vixen that burnt her skin.

With a sudden movement, she watched as both of them shared a quick kiss.

A sudden gush of anger flooded through her veins. But why did it? She kept asking herself. Ignacios was no way hers but the urge to possess him was all she could feel as she stared at them.

A subtle knock on her door made her jump, her fingers a little shaky from the anger she felt deep within.

“Lyra, may I come in?” It was Edward, his calming fatherly voice somewhat made her relax.

“Yeah, please.” She says, stepping back from the window and opening the door.

She was greeted with a huge hug and a pat on the back as he entered. In his embrace, he lifted her and kissed her forehead.

“Hello, Pumpkin.” He put her down and gave her a toothy grin. “I have something, for you.”

She widened her eyes, watching him pull out a bag behind him.

“What is it?” She asked.

He didn't answer, instead, he motioned for her to take a look inside.

She peered inside the crumpled paper bag, seeing the thin material for a neat sundress that sported the color white with red roses scattered around it. She took it out and adored its beauty, holding it up. It looked very old but beautiful.

“Who does it belong to?” She looked up at him, eyeing him with a questioning look.

For a split second, she saw the sadness in his eyes. Those orbs the color of an azure sky hid a deep sadness behind them.

“Your mother’s.” He smiled.

She had always known that Ned and her mother were someways close but he had always changed the subject whenever she asked. She guessed it was still very hard on him.

“It’s very nice.”

“I know, that's why I'm giving it to you.” He says, holding her cheek. “My baby’s going to start a life on her own.”

She could sense it in his voice, the proudness in him showing.

“I’m scared.” She whispered. “What if everything turns into something different?”

With a chuckle, he answered, “We’re all one decision away from making everything different. But we accept the change, no matter what.”

She nodded, “Thank you.”

“You're welcome, and I expect you to wear that tonight. See you later.” He left the room, leaving her standing with the dress in her hands.

As soon as she regained her thoughts, she quickly prepared herself, taking a long bath as she rehearsed her lines on what she was going to say to her new mate.

“Hey there, handsome.” She imagined herself winking as she said it. Oh, Moon! Please don't let me do that,  I beg of you. She slapped herself, sinking into the tub.

After almost an hour contemplating her words, she got herself dressed in Ned’s gift. The material hugged her waist tightly, her shoulders exposed and the hem of its skirt landed just below her knees.

She looked at herself in the mirror, seeing herself dressed like a fragile wolf made her cheeks flush. It had been such a long time since she wore a dress, last time was at Iggy’s nineteenth birthday where she gifted him a ‘Black Sabbath’ shirt.

She sighed, realizing it was the part of her preparation she hated the most. Putting on makeup was never her strong suit but when she did, the only part she always loved was putting on a bright shade of red on her lips. She always liked how the color made her feel more confident.

Now, as she stood in front of the mirror, she couldn't help but feel the overwhelming pressure that smashed her insides.

“Oh Moon, please help me.” She whispered to herself.

~•°•~

Night came and everyone was on fire. She followed the trail leading to the festival. The inmate laughs and cheers coming from the wolves already partying was a beacon, attracting more wolves.

“Oh Moon, I hope I don't piss myself.” She whispered, shaking her body in a poor attempt to calm herself down.

As she arrived, she was greeted by the delicious sight that was Ignacios, leaning against a tree with a can of coke beer in his hands while he laughed with other wolves.

He looked too surreal. The way his calming stare smiled along with his lips was a sight to behold, prompting a sigh to leave her lips.

Suddenly, he caught her eyes. Those pair of steely grey orbs that burnt through her made her legs freeze.

She heard him mutter a quick excuse and made his way to her side, he hung his head down low, never meeting her gaze.

“Hello,” he muttered, the harshness in his tone was very present. “I believe that this will be our last chance to be with each other.”

The coldness in his words bit her, it seemed that behind his words, he wanted to say more.

“You sound like you think it’s the end of the world.” She answered.

A cold breeze touched her skin, sending a shiver through her. He picked up on that queue and took off his jacket, hanging it on her shoulders.

“Stop white knighting me.” She teased, causing a smile to surface on his red lips.

“You're cold, it's what a normal wolf would do.” he shrugged, drinking in his beer.

She felt her wolf swoon. Why did he have to be so kind and handsome? Shouldn't that be reason enough to get arrested?

“Are you okay? You don't sound like yourself.”

“Just peachy.” He answered dryly, looking up to the moon, closing his eyes in a captivating scene.

She tore her gaze away from him, trying to stop the beating of her heart.

“Where’s Felix?” She asked.

It seemed that that was the question that did it, his calm expression was now replaced with a scowl. He looked at her, the seething anger in him showing through.

He took her hand and dragged her away from where no one could see them, she protested all the way, frowning as she looked at his back.

Once after they were outside in an earshot distance, he took her into his arms, pressing his body against hers.

Her heart palpated in a way she never knew it would. The deep and dark desire in his eyes made her gulp as his breath fanned her face.

“Iggy, what are you doing.” Her voice was a mere whisper.

“It’s unfair, Lyra.”

The hair on her back stood as he placed his head on the crook of her neck. He pushed her back, lifting her until she was pinned against a tree.

What on earth was going on, she didn't know. But it felt too right. The way his warm breath stayed on her made a tidal of emotions clash.

Her resistance was overshadowed by the shocking sensation that was his right hand, up her skirt and grabbing her soft thighs.

“Iggy, stop.” You're not my mate.

He did, still holding her up. Her breathing was heavy, and so was his. The adrenaline in her veins kicked in when he ran his tongue across his lower lip, a seductive sight to see.

“Do you want me to?” He said in a reserved tone.

“Yes, no.” She contemplated.

She didn't know what was happening to her body. It was like his hands had turned on a switch.

“Yes?”

“No, don't stop.” She let out, breathing in as wetness in her core started to build up.

And with her permission, he kissed her gently, placing his big calloused hand on her nape while the other held her up. Her core, pressed against his abdomen was saturated from her arousal and leaking out of her underwear and into his shirt all while the adrenaline rush in her system kept her from drowning in his touch.

It was heaven in words she couldn't describe. The feeling sent her into a new high she could never reach before.

In the heat of the moment, he let go of the kiss and sucked her neck, where the mark of her mate should be. Try as she may, her defiant wolf was obeying his every action, it felt right.

She wanted his mark on her skin.

Her quite suppressed moans, their heavy breaths and their bodies clashing with each other were all she could hear at the moment. The moon was her witness as she felt his teeth nibbling her skin.

Her hands roamed about his back, lifting his thin cotton shirt, exposing his broad back for her nails to lay their marks on.

Was this it? Was he going to mark her?

And then suddenly, he let her go. Stepping back, letting her catch her breath. In her, a virulent scourge of emotions danced in a state of euphoria.

“I want you to know, that whatever happens tonight. I planned everything with you in it.” He walked away, leaving her in a state of confusion and shock as she desperately tried to breathe.

It took a good five minutes to let her father herself up. Her breathing controlled, and her legs shook tremendously. What happened was always a dream, but now that it had come true, she couldn't control herself.

She had fallen for him, not just now, but over the years, she loved him secretly.

She walked to the party, looking like a deer caught in the headlights as she joined in with the pack. She tried to compose herself, ridding herself of the emotions he had instilled in her.

Good thing she couldn't see him.

It had just started, the people had started filing in and everyone had already gathered. All the wolves who haven't found their mates have gathered into a circle, including her. Her eyes combed the area, Felix and Ignacios weren't there.

“Alright wolves, it’s time. For the moon have blessed us again with her love and in return, we hold this festival to honor her. Now, with her light, she will guide you to your future and your mate. Let the Moon’s light, embrace you.” Stylinson the Alpha, said as he looked down at his mate and Luna. “Blessed thy magnificent Moon, wolves that are of age are here to present themselves to you.”

The cold of the night came into a deafening silence that had her in awe of what was going to come. Her skin tingled as the light from the Moon heightened her senses, making her wolf jump at the moment.

Her arms wrapped around herself, grabbing Iggy’s jacket.

She watched as each unpaired wolves found their mates. With every single encounter, all she could see was sheer happiness.

Wolves had started to mark each other, the moment that brought her to tears as her eyes landed on Ignacios. His eyes locked on hers. Her wolf howled loudly, and she was sure.

He was her mate.

With each step he took, a new set of emotions, thoughts, and fears surfaced. Her legs shook tremendously from his calm expression.

Her mind was brought back to a moment before. His tender kiss that made everything she hoped for her first kiss, and his words.

‘I want you to know, that whatever happens tonight. I planned everything with you in it.’

He knew before this. He knew she was his mate all this time.

As he walked, he was pulled by another she-wolf, her long arms wrapped around his neck as she lowered his face to her.

Lyra’s heart broke into pieces as she watched her mate kiss another. A void in her chest grew when she caught his eyes, staring at her while he kissed the amber-eyed wolf.

He held her tight, lowering his mouth to her neck. His canines bared and he sank them into her skin.

It seemed like the world had stopped spinning as a burning sensation flamed her neck. Her eyes had begun watering and all she felt was despair.

Her breathing uncontrollable, and her heart seemed it was being ripped into a thousand pieces. She had become a fountain of tears as she squeezed her chest, running away from the sight.

Rejection, something she never thought she'd get, especially from the boy she grew up loving.

~•°•~

So here it is you guys! Essentially, this is where the real story starts! UwU

Please tell me what you think! It would mean so much if comment, drop a vote and fan!

Have a great summer you guys. I love you all.

-Jino 💕

~•°•~

Oh yeah, here's a picture of who I think should play the amber eyed wolf. She's Liza Soberano and I'm pretty bumb that this pretty face only plays the role of a protagonist. I want her to be a villain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

757K 33.6K 53
Unforgivable will be removed from Wattpad on Oct 20 2020 and published to Amazon Kindle! Lyri is a rejected she-wolf, but only she and her mate know...
120K 11.9K 69
Xyra Lumina Crescent, first born child to two full-blooded alphas and an alpha female. Xyra is hidden away from her pack, from the outside world and...
2.1M 59.6K 36
MATE TRILOGY #1 | Being an orphan at the mere age of sixteen, Lyra Dane, with no place in the pack is faced with an ultimatum; to go Rogue or marry A...
39 6 6
Can a princess love a pauper? Can a Alpha trust a rouge? Can a werewolf love his mate if she can't reveal her identity? Lyra Wisterian is the eldest...