Wavering Storms

By SamuelStormbringer

"He's not good for you, but you're good for him." A smile meant you were happy, but was it really worth it to... More

Prologue
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
note
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four

one

6K 213 25
By SamuelStormbringer

His First Festival

~•°•~

"Now, you little brats," Stylinson patted their heads, smiling like a loving father to his two sons. "need a rest. Iggy, you oughta look after Felix here. No sneaking out."

"Yes, Alpha." Ignacios smiled, bowing his head down, and went to bed, tucking himself in and laid comfortably under his newly washed sheets.

He was about to fall asleep when Felix's voice called out for him.

"Iggy!" Felix whispered half-shouted.

His lips turned into a tight frown as he scowled, keeping his eyes closed.

"Shut up and get some sleep, Lex." He shifted his place and faced the wall, curling into a ball.

"I can't!" Felix let a dramatic sigh slip through his lips as he jumped off from the top of the bunk bed, making it shake.

Iggy realized Lex had already sat on his bed when it sank. It made him frown, knowing his baby brother always stirred trouble. And why of all nights would he be interested in going out?

Well, it was the Winter Moon Harvest Festival. Where all the pack members and even guests from neighboring packs gathered for fun and celebration. Thanking the Moon for bountiful blessings she had graciously bestowed upon them that year.

"Of course you can, want me to bonk you on the head?" He snapped.

"Haha, very funny. Come on! The temptation is too strong. We have to go there!" Lex smacked his older brother behind the head, causing Iggy to shoot up from the bed.

"No! Larry will have our balls if we go out there. Rules are rules." He says, pushing Lex off of his bed.

"Fúck your rules, we'll just be there for like five minutes and we'll be back here." His baby brother exclaimed.

"No, Felix."

As Iggy held his ground, he saw the desperation in his brother's grey eyes. Dammit, how could he ever resist Lex?

Ignacios loved his brother. It was a weakness of his and everyone knew about it and which Lex exploited to the very last drop.

"For the Moon's sakes, stop being a stickler for once. Think about the party, the fun, and the babes!" Felix dropped to his knees and brought his hands together. Begging like a small kid. "Please big brother, for once. Don't you love me?"

He sighed, rolling his eyes, and reluctantly hopped off the bed. He shook his head, thinking of what Larry would do to them if they were caught.

"You know, you can be a convincing wolf sometimes." He gave up, glancing at his brother, and moved towards the door.

"But you love me, right?" Felix smiled brightly, walking beside his older brother.

With a chuckle, Iggy slapped his brother upside the head and walked as Felix hissed from the blow.

"Nope." He said.

~•°•~

The large pine trees surrounding the clearing where the pack members were gathered seemed to be ultimately filled with life. The music, the lights, and the loud laughter that entered his ears made him smile. It felt like an awesome experience knowing this was his first time seeing what goes on with the festival.

"Iggy! Here, come."

He heard his brother whisper. Felix moved through the trees and joined the other pack members, immediately hugging a female wolf on her side.

Ignacios quickly frowned, his brother was always a hit when it came to girls. Thirteen is a very young age to lose your innocence. Especially if you lost it to someone older than you that is also not your mate.

He had to keep it a secret, he could never imagine what his brother might go through if the wolves knew he lost himself to a human girl who was five years older than him.

He watched Felix kiss the she-wolf, causing him to scowl.

He'd have a quick word with Felix when they were finished here. He shook his head and moved away from his young and already rather horny brother.

"Boo!" Someone hugged his neck from behind, making him choke a little as he fell to the ground and peeled off the wolf behind him. Pinning them into the ground. The adorable laughter made his heart beat with adrenaline as he cast his eyes towards her shiny grey ones, speckled with flecks of blue.

"You seem to be oddly enjoying me holding you down, Lyra." He grinned and stood up, letting her stay on the ground.

Her red hair sprawled around the ground. It seemed to glow with the huge bonfire's light illuminating it. Her lips formed into a smile sending a quick cold down his warm spine.

She looked breathtaking.

"I have you to know that I caught you off guard. So you can shove it." She chuckled as she reached for his outreached hand. "Thanks, Iggy." She kissed his cheek.

He couldn't deny the warmth that invaded his cheeks when she did that. He always liked this she-wolf. Behind her tragic past, she hid it well with her saccharine smile. He always considered her as his sister but he could not overlook the fact that he felt like it was more than that. It was something that made his blood boil with shame and cheeks aflame.

"So you're here, who's with you? Did Larry said you can come?" She asked.

"Well, no. We snuck out." He admitted, slightly blushing like a kid caught stealing cookies.

"Awe, so you're big enough huh? I hope you're ready for the immense butt whooping you're going to get when he finds out you're here." There was a small sense of naughtiness in her tone.

"It won't happen, I'll just keep Felix and me behind the scene."

"Yeah, I think that's going to be a problem." The look in her eyes almost looked doomed as he stared at her.

"Why?" He nervously asks, hoping his brother wasn't already in trouble.

"Felix is already being told off by Larry."

His eyes widen as he turned his head towards Felix, seeing a very hotheaded Alpha Larry grabbing his baby brother by the arm. He quickly rushed to his brother's side.

Larry's hand raised into an eventual slap, something that made Ignacios quickly peel off Felix from the Alpha's hand and took the blow for his stupid little brother. The sudden impact of Larry's calloused hand on his cheek made him disoriented, making him fall to the ground.

Lyra's frantic calls were a faint whisper as a loud ringing stayed in his ear until it slowly faded out.

"Iggy, please." She says, shaking him.

He hissed as he touched his very red cheek, still stinging from the Alpha's slap.

"Stupid, child. I told you to stay in your room. You're not ready yet!" Larry exclaimed as he grabbed Ignacios by his collars and lifted him.

"Alpha I-" He could barely speak, he was too afraid. The murderous glint of anger in his eyes was immobilizing.

"Shut up, whatever you say, it will always be wrong." Larry snapped.

"I'm sorry. It was-"

Felix intervened, but before he could say another word, Ignacios stopped him. He couldn't bear with the idea of Felix being thrown into the dungeon, getting whipped on the back all because of his curiosity and his older brother's soft judgment.

"It was my fault, I dragged Lex into this." His heart beat erratically, the feeling in his legs seemed to have vanished as Alpha Larry shook his head in disappointment.

"As I expected, Ignacios. Being the next leader of this pack, you need to control and show some respect for yourself. How can you even do that if you can't follow a simple command?"

"I'm sorry, Alpha. It won't happen again." He begged, his eyes started to tear up.

What will his punishment be? Thirty lashes and no food for a couple of days were most common, but this mistake was too severe.

He was only to attend his first Moon Harvest Festival when he was of age. Ready to be an Alpha and have his own kids.

He'd be lucky if Stylinson wouldn't kill him.

"Of course not, from now on there will be a guard stationed outside your room."

All he could do was a nod. Larry was not to be messed around with when he got angry. Sometimes, Ignacios thought about what it would be like to have his father.

Would his father, the ever loved Alpha Jophiel who tragically died in the hands of Lyra's parents be as strict as the old wolf Larry?

He shivered at the thought of it. Ignacios, although very scared, was about to speak again when a hand rested upon his shoulder. The familiar scent of his favorite wolf swelled into his nose. He looked up over his shoulder and saw Edward, his blue eyes filled with an unfamiliar rage.

It was quite unexpected seeing him violently stare down their Alpha. Edward looked down at Ignacios, immediately making the boy jump at the grim expression that he had. His blue eyes softened and a small smile appeared on his face.

"Oh come on, Larry. They're young. Cut them some slack." He said as his voice hid a chilling sense of anger that Ignacios could easily feel.

"Stay out of this Edward. It's better to show an iron fist than to sit back and say okay to everything." Larry raised his chin in defiance.

Ignacios was dragged softly by Edward behind him, holding him there as he puffed his chest at their leader.

He looked up at his savior, the powerful stench that leaked out of Edward made Ignacios feel like a little kid looking up to his idol.

Edward will always be more of a father to him than Larry.

Edward growled. "Don't give me a lesson about iron fists, Larry. Not from you. Let them stay and I'll deal with them myself. Got that?"

"Ned, " Larry warned, that controlling tone slipped out more of a shaky groan.

"I said, got that?" Edward repeated, only this time, his voice became more daunting.

A silent exchange happened between the two of them. As the loud music and laughter of wolves started to calm down, a shift in the air came to them. The festival was about to begin.

Larry huffed with a defeated look on his face.

"Excuse me, we'll be talking about this in tomorrow's training." Larry strolled away, leaving Ignacios with a wide-eyed expression, looking up to Edward.

The wolf smiled at him and bent down, hugging him closely. In Edward's warm broad arms, there was a sense of familiarity and comfort he never knew he needed to have. Tears of relief and trauma started to pour down his cheeks as he hugged the wolf back, burying his face on Edward's chest.

"It's okay Iggy, no need for those damn tears if I'm here. Alright?" Edward smiled at him and hugged him tighter. "You remind me of your father so damn much," Edward whispered. "I miss him."

At that exact moment, he fell into an even bigger fit of tears.

A father.

It's all that he's wanted all his life.

"Iggy?" Lyra whispered.

His heartbeat quickened when she looked at him. She had a smile on her lips, her eyes teary from the accident before.

Even though Alpha Larry's words still stung in his mind, he couldn't help but feel so distracted by the heat that formed on his back and the smell of something completely different. It was almost ungodly like it was from another world.

His head felt lightheaded when the moon shined from up above the sky and cast a big stream of light towards Lyra.

His veins were suddenly filled with unfathomable feelings that he couldn't control. The intensity of the moment made him feel a euphoria that he didn't know he would feel.

This was it, a moment he had been waiting for so many years happened too early. With a heart still running like a horse, he heard it. He heard his wolf for the very first time.

A loud howl coming from inside of him that only he can hear.

"Mate." He whispered to himself.

His eyes turned dark and his body had burned with heat and a need arose from his depths.

To mark.

As he took a step forward to her, his legs faltered slowly as to what he was about to do. He reached for her hand but he was greeted by a nasty blow on the face, awakening him from his trance.

His eyes landed on Edward, the look of surprise written all over his face.

"Come at me again and I'll hit you on the balls next time," Lyra says, her eyes watery and cheeks completely red from embarrassment.

He was about to take her!

The feeling had died down and all he could do was breathe, thinking of what just happened.

She was his mate.

~•°•~

Hello there! God this chapter, right off the bat is very different from the original version. We actually see a new side of Iggy that I never really got to make you guys see and I am uber excited to see and know what to think about it.

It'll be so helpful if you drop your thoughts on the comments.

And as always, thank you so much for reading and have a good day!

-Jino 💕

P.S. - English is not my first language, please point out mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

64.8K 635 12
Suddenly, I feel a hand that intertwines mine. The touch is warm but still not enough to comfort me after the news I've just got. I feel someone is...
121K 11.9K 69
Xyra Lumina Crescent, first born child to two full-blooded alphas and an alpha female. Xyra is hidden away from her pack, from the outside world and...
6.7M 234K 66
After being cheated on and abandoned, Alpha Dimitri refuses to ever love another woman again. His daughters, Sara and Sage watch as its consequences...
2.1M 59.6K 36
MATE TRILOGY #1 | Being an orphan at the mere age of sixteen, Lyra Dane, with no place in the pack is faced with an ultimatum; to go Rogue or marry A...