traveling | shawn mendes

By badreputation13

a small town girl meets another small town girl and slowly starts falling for her brother, but the catch is... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

thirty eight

4.2K 60 51
By badreputation13

december second-

"cassie, apurate, {hurry up,}" my mom yelled from the living room.

i got up from my bed and slowly made my way to the living room while looking at my watch, it was one am, "mom, the flight is in five hours,"

"you know how we do things, cassandra," she said while directing my dad to bring the luggage to the front door, "we need to pick up your abuelos, tías, y primo, {grandparents, aunts, and cousin,}"

"and all that is going to take five hours?" i asked.

"picking them up and getting their stuff situated in the car is going to take an hour and the drive to the airport is another hour," she said after she put her phone in her purse.

i raised my eyebrows, "and what are we going to do during the other three hours at the airport?"

she paused for a bit, then put her purse on top of a suitcase, "wait,"

"well then," i responded after laughing, "i guess i'll go get my stuff,"

"yeah, you go do that," she said while smiling before she walked out the front door.

i went back into my room and quickly texted shawn and aaliyah before i got my backpack and suitcase. my dad met me halfway for him to put my stuff in the back of the car. once he managed to get all the stuff in the car, we made our way to my grandparents' house.

"cassie," one of my aunts said, "come in the uber with us, we won't all fit in the car,"

"okay," i said before i crawled out of the back of the car.

"so, cass, are you excited to see your boyfriend perform? i know i am, especially after you played me that one song your obsessed with," my aunt, josephine, said once i got in the uber, "it was about like, being found in tokyo or something like that,"

"bitch, leave her alone," my other aunt, nancy, told her.

i chuckled, "one: he's not my boyfriend. two: cual {what} found in tokyo, it's called lost in japan. three: have i ever mentioned i love your guys' sister bond?"

they laughed, "you say that right now and thanks, your mom could've been part of the nickname calling, but once she had you, she told us to stop calling her bitch,"

"you're joking," i said surprised, "i can't imagine my mom being part of that,"

nancy shook her head, "well, it's a long-"

josephine interrupted her, "bitch, she's trying to change the subject,"

an hour long car ride later, filled with endless questions, we made it to the airport. my aunts, cousin, and i met up with my parents, grandparents, and sisters, and tried our best to stay in a group while making our way through check in, security, finding our gate, and boarding the plane. it was a challenge, but we did it, and before we knew, we were on a plane, on our way to toronto.

arriving in toronto-

once we landed, we rushed out of the plane to try to get done with immigration and customs as fast as possible. after making it through all that and getting our luggage, we hopped in different ubers to take us to the mendes household.

my mom didn't want to make karen and manny go out of their way to pick us up at the airport, so we already planned ahead to take ubers to their house.

after a not that long car ride, we made it to the mendes'.

"well hello there," karen and manny said after we got out of the ubers, "¡bienvenidos a canada! {welcome to canada!}"

"ay," my grandma said before hugging them, "¡muchas gracias! {thank you very much!}"

"thank you so much for having us these next couple days," my mom said after hugging them.

manny shook his head, "it's nothing,"

i gave karen and manny a big hug, "hi,"

they laughed, "hello, sweetie. how've you been?"

"better now that i'm back," i responded.

"we're glad," they said with a big smile after letting me go, "now everyone, please come in,"

i knew shawn was already at the air canada centre, but i didn't know where aaliyah was, "where's aaliy-"

i looked up and saw aaliyah holding sunflowers and balloons, "happy one day late friendship anniversary!"

"oh my god!" i yelled before i hugged her, "happy one day late friendship anniversary!"

she handed me the sunflowers, "i was going to order a delivery to your house, but they would've died by the time you got back,"

i glanced towards the kitchen table, "i can see you liked your flowers enough to put them as the centerpiece,"

she nodded her head, "duh, they're too pretty to not show off!"

"ladies," karen said coming from the kitchen holding a tray of lasagna, "you two can chat while you're getting ready for the concert after we all eat,"

i stared at karen putting the tray down on the table, "lasagna, eh?"

"yep," she said smiling, "happy one year anniversary of meeting, sweetie,"

after everybody finished eating, we quickly got ready for the concert.

i changed into a tan sweater, black jeans, a brown coat, black heeled boots, a cartier bracelet and ring, and the necklace and watch shawn gave me. for hair, i curled it, and for makeup, i did something cute. [outfit below]

once again, we all got into multiple ubers since everyone couldn't fit in one car. when we arrived at the air canada centre, andrew was outside waiting for us with vip passes.

"hey, andrew," karen, manny, and aaliyah said after hugging him.

"hello, gerty," i said while we hugged, "it's good seeing you,"

he let go, "always good seeing you, kid,"

"so," i said while turning to my family, "everyone, this is andrew,"

i turned to andrew, "gerty, these are my parents, sisters, grandparents, aunts, and cousin,"

my family and andrew exchanged smiles, "hello,"

andrew then proceeded to pass out the passes, "names are on the passes, and there should be one for everyone,"

once everyone put on their passes, we headed inside of the venue and andrew guided us to the vip section.

while aaliyah and i were putting our stuff down on a chair, we heard someone yell, "is that cassie and aaliyah with the fam?"

we both turned around at the same time and saw a group of familiar faces. lauren, ian, megan, brian, and matt.

they ran up to us, "long time no see, strangers,"

i greeted and hugged all of them before introducing them to my family.

after having a quick conversation, we all went to get situated because the concert was going to start. everyone sat down, but quickly got up when we heard the beginning of camila's 'never be the same'. the whole time during camila's set, my cousin, sisters, aaliyah, and i were dancing and singing along to all of the songs on her set list.

after camila's set, everyone went silent, but then screamed right when they heard the cords of 'there's nothing holdin' me back'. shawn's friends, aaliyah, and i got together and started belting out the lyrics while going crazy.

"this next one is dedicated to someone special in the crowd tonight," shawn said when he finished 'there's nothing holdin' me back'.

aaliyah automatically looked at me.

i laughed, "very funny,"

"now, this special person says they don't have a favorite song off this album," shawn said after he stood back and took a sip of water, "but i'm pretty sure they're lying because i have a feeling, no, i know it's this song,"

aaliyah looked at brian who was on the other side of me, "a hundred dollars says he's talking about cass and it's 'lost in japan',"

brian chuckled, "i'm not betting because i know it is,"

i put my head down, "oh god,"

shawn put his guitar up, "if you know the words, sing it with me!"

shawn got close to the microphone and started playing his guitar, "all it'd take is one flight, we'd be in the same time zone,"

aaliyah jumped, "i told you!"

i jumped with her, "it's my song!"

she still continued to jump, "see, you even admitted it!"

i still continued to jump too, "oh, shush!"

"do you got plans tonight? i'm a couple hundred miles from japan, and i, i was thinking i could fly to your hotel tonight, 'cause i can't get you off my mind," shawn sung with so much energy.

aaliyah put her arms up, "he's not worrying if you got plans tonight, cass, he knows he has you tonight!"

i laughed at her comment, "i can't with you,"

she raised her eyebrows, "see, you're still not denying it!"

as shawn approached the bridge, which was my favorite part of the song, my mom, aunts, and karen came up to our little group and belted out the lyrics with us, "let's get lost tonight, let's get lost tonight, baby, you and, i can't seem to get you off my mind,"

everyone in the group surrounded my mom and i as we sang together and danced, "we're great!"

aaliyah grabbed me and we danced together after my mom, aunts, and karen went to the outside of the circle.

shawn still preformed with a huge smile on his face, "do you got plans tonight, baby? i was hoping i could get lost in your paradise, the only thing i'm thinking 'bout is you and i, and i can't get you off my mind,"

aaliyah whispered in my ear, "did i hear that correctly? he wants to get lost in your paradise, also known as your japanties,"

i bursted out laughing again, "i can't breathe!"

when he finished 'lost in japan', he continued with the rest of his setlist, ending with 'in my blood'.

when he finished 'in my blood', he thanked the crowd and got off stage.

but not even seconds later, he came back on stage with acoustic gutiar, followed by camila.

"no," i said in shock.

aaliyah turned and looked at me, but was interrupted, "are they-"

camila smiled, "please help us sing this one, shawn forgets the lyrics!"

shawn laughed, "this is 'i know what you did last summer',"

you best believe i was singing both shawn and camila's parts to my fullest potential.

but this time when they finished and thanked the crowd, they didn't go back on stage, sadly. instead, cardi b started her set.

five minutes into cardi's set, my sisters and cousin, poked my leg.

sophia pointed behind me, "look,"

i saw camila and her mom walking up to me, "¡hola, amiga! {hey, friend!}"

i hugged her, "hey, i've missed you,"

"i missed you too," she responded, "you remember my mom, sinu,"

"how could i forget sinu?" i said before hugging her, "¿como ha estado? {how have you been?}"

"muy buen, gracias, mija, {very good, thank you, darling,}" sinu said while smiling.

i lead them to my family, "estos son mis papas, hermanas, abuelos, tías, y primo, {these are my parents, sisters, grandparents, aunts, and cousin,}"

"mucho gusto, {nice to meet all of you,}" camila and sinu said to them with big smiles on their faces.

camila went towards my sisters and cousin, "so cassie told me you three were my biggest fans? is that true?"

the three of them nodded while smiling.

"hmmm," camila said pretending to think, "i guess we have to take a picture together,"

camila took out her phone while still keeping the big smile on her face, "well, i want to have it on my phone, but then i'll send it to cassie, deal?"

the three of them nodded once again while smiling.

camila handed her phone to aaliyah, "aaliyah is going to take it since cassie is being summoned,"

i scrunched my eyebrows, "huh?"

aaliyah smiled, "turn around,"

i turned around and shawn holding what looked like three dozen red roses, red balloons, and a huge teddy bear, "happy one year friendship anniversary, gorgeous,"

i slowly walked up to him. i looked at everything he was holding, but then i looked at him. i looked into his eyes. the eyes i'm-

shawn broke my train of thought by laughing, "shorty?"

i noticed he wasn't holding the things anymore, matt and megan had them, so i leaped and melted in his arms, "happy one year friendship anniversary, mendes,"

"this past year was incredible," he whispered in my ear, "thank you for that,"

i removed my face from the crook of his neck and held both sides of his face, "no, thank you for the best year possible," 

he kissed my forehead, then rested his on mine, "we both made it the best year ever, and here's to many more to come,"

instagram:

tagged// cassiegutierrez
liked by jocelinponce, katherineurzua, and 659,613 others
aaliyahmendes: tonight was a blast... once again, happy one day late friendship anniversary to my favorite human💘✨

15,230 comments
fanaccount1: okay, i stan this friendship🥰
fanaccount2: clout stealing bitches
fanaccount3: this is too cuteee💗
cassiegutierrez: ily to the moon & back🌙💓
fanaccount4: it's only been a year since all this shit started?!?!
fanaccount5: awww, cutiesss😍
aaliyahmendes: 🥰 cassiegutierrez

~swipe for more~

tagged// shawnmendes, aaliyahmendes
liked by shawnmendes, camilacabello, and 783,009 others
cassiegutierrez: holy shit, it's been a year since these two incredible people came into my life. i am forever grateful for the relationships we built. aaliyah mendes, thank you for being the kind person you are and helping me decided what to get at tim hortons. i love you. shawn mendes, thank you for being the dumb goofball who offered to take me to the gym the day after dinner... i haven't gone since. much love for both of you🥰❤️

15,995 comments
fanaccount1: please stop✋🛑
aaliyahmendes: you just made me cry, ily😢
fanaccount2: excuse me while i sob
cassiegutierrez: 💞💞 aaliyahmendes
fanaccount3: i'm trying to find someone half as loyal as cassie is to shawn and aaliyah💀
shawnmendes: you're something else❤️
cassiegutierrez: only for you, mendes❤️ shawnmendes
fanaccount4: can they just confirm it already?! please. i'm begging you.

~swipe for more~

tagged// cassiegutierrez
liked by cassiegutierrez, briancraigen, and 7,815,952 others
shawnmendes: toronto and cass. my two favorite things. at one place. a dream come true. you guys were amazing tonight, thank you for enjoying yourselves at the show, especially cass during lost in japan xx

15,970 comments
fanaccount1: okay so... this is like not some kind of act?
fanaccount2: i'm not going to be okay with this relationship until they confirm it, smh
aaliyahmendes: cassie was damn right enjoying herself during lost in japan, there's witnesses🥳
fanaccount3: the whole crowd are witnesses💀 aaliyahmendes
fanaccount4: shassie is here to stayyy😋
cassiegutierrez: what can i say, it's one of my favorites❤️🤷‍♀️
shawnmendes: it is your favorite🤦‍♂️❤️ cassiegutierrez
fanaccount5: when he sang lost in japan, it was decided to cassie🤯
fanaccount6: i'm-

~2479 words~
authors note// thanks for reading my thirty eighth chapter in traveling | shawn mendes. finals are over, thank goddd. anyways, i hope you enjoyed this chapter. my winter break is going to be fulled with writing for you all. btw, wtf, thirty five thousand reads?! thank you so much for your endless support. merry late christmas/happy holidays.
xx, c

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.1K 1.3K 39
No family. Nobody. Rebecca is forced to live on her own, but she gets support from her neighbours. The Grier's. When Nash's friends come over will Re...
137K 3.1K 55
[COMPLETED] 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 "you're driving me crazy shawn mendes." she says with a chuckle as he shrugs. he leans in...
350K 5.9K 69
A story about a college girl named Lili with her best friends having the time of their lives until one day Lili's friends but tickets to see the famo...
13.9K 229 70
Morgan Johnson is the cousin of Jack Johnson. Teenagers who start out on vine and got big. They both attended a convention called Magcon. At Magcon...