OffSpring | ✎

By XxRiah916Xx

Imagine waking up abandoned in a hotel bedroom, the smell of sex loitering the air and bare as the day you we... More

before you read!
cast List / praise
PART ONE
prologue
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
PART TWO
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII
Chapter LXIII
Chapter LXIV
Chapter LXV
Chapter LXVI
Chapter LXVII
Chapter LXVIII
Chapter LXIX
Chapter LXX
Chapter LXXI
Chapter LXXII

Chapter LIV

25.2K 1K 135
By XxRiah916Xx

Before anyone says anything now, remove the book from your library and reload the book, I have rearrange some chapters start from chapter LI. Happy reading.
_________

Chapter Fifty-Four | Essence of Time
____________

I scream in pure agony as pain slams into my senses and floods me whole. I gargle the blood that's swelling in my mouth and spilling down my chin. I clench my teeth to keep the rest of my voice locked inside as my fangs dig into my bottom as the creature's jaw tighten around my shoulder. My hands claw at the earth, dirt, and grass caking beneath my nails.

The pain was unbearable, it didn't compare to the pain I felt as I was changed into a creature of the night but I felt it; it was ripping, and tearing at my senses and replacing all I knew to pain. Its jagged teeth sunk deeper into my flesh, the tips scraping against bone. I couldn't hold in the scream that crawls from the depths of me and shatter the air.

I splutter, crimson flying from my mouth.

Feet appear in front of me, my gaze trail up to the face of Victoria — her sadistic pleasure of the situation coming off of her in waves. Her eyes that held their natural color were now consumed by red hues, the bloodlust deep within them rattling me to the core and only causing my rage to burn heavier in the pit of my stomach. Something much darker poured from her essence making my senses aware of what a danger she truly is; something happened within the time span she was gone.

"Look at you," she coos mockingly as I glare up at her, "Pathetic and on the brink of death."

A growl rumbles from my chest that's soon cut short as the creature on my back sinks its claws in my arm, adding on to the pain. Victoria laughs at me, lowering herself to her knees to stare down at me, those red eyes heavy with pleasure.

"I didn't think this would work. . ." she laughs again, looking me over my bloodied state. "We did warn you, we were coming."

My shock was clear, crystal clear and visible to see in my eyes, she enjoyed the look more than anything, her eyes glowing brighter. I finally take notice of the moving shadows within the shadows of the trees, the breeze whirling in the small clearing, my eyes flicker around and take note of all the creatures like the one on my back; all protruding from the shadows and making themselves known. There had to be a dozen of them.

"Don't worry," her voice grabs my attention back, "I'll take good care of Cassius and Adelia," she taunts and wags her fingers at me in farewell.

Her back was all I could see from the ground and in the direction of the castle. I jerk in place, wanting to get up and end this all, the thing on my back weighed like an anchor and kept me in place. The creatures inched from the shadows.

"Stop!" I call out, "Don't you dare touch them!"

"VICTORIA!!"

Her figure grows farther as the creature finally moves on my back. I grit my teeth as my breathing picks up and soon I'm panting, panic and anger fueling my movements as I remove my hands from the depths of the ground and bend them back to where I scratch at the creatures head. Flesh builds up under my nails, I was only causing slight pain. I growl, deep and angered, my hands planting by my head while I slowly push myself up off the ground, my mind zaps with an idea before I found myself thrusting forward the same time the two in front of me moved.

Sliding along the ground, the stick was soon within my grasp as I wheel around and meet one of the creatures head on, one of its claws dragged across my stomach — blood seeped from the wound.

My fangs sink into lower lip out of pain but I keep going; I go beneath its reaching hands and drive the stick through its chest with enough force for the blunt tip to pierce through its flesh and too its heart. An ear-splitting noise retches from the thing, the thing pushing me back; it stumbled a few feet away, screeching and hollering its pain, the hands hovering over the protruding stick. Black blood oozed from the corners, slipping down its front like water.

"Kaitlyn!"

My head snaps towards the castle, a silhouette standing upon the roof, the moon creating a halo around their body.

"Rip its head off!" the voice I soon recognized, says over the screeching, "it won't die unless you rip its head off!"

I don't argue and just do as I was told, my sharp eyes snap to the screeching thing, his friend hovering a few steps away; waiting, watching. I follow along with my body's instinct as I migrate, blurring in and out in a zigzag formation while racing upon the unknown creature; it takes a short amount of time to reach him in the small distance and I'm soon latching onto the creatures back and striking for its throat.

My fangs sink as deep as they can in the hollow of its neck, satisfaction twisting in my belly at the feeling of sinking my teeth into something, flesh tears and rips within my mouth as its blood spills over. It's in hysteric now, the thing's arms swinging and slashing at air as it stumbled on its feet. I don't waste time to yank my head back, tearing a chunk of its flesh from its neck, the sound resembling paper being torn in half.

Pints of blood shoots out from a vein, the sound of its pain, dialing down to gurgles, I perch myself farther up its back with perfect stability while my fingers find the rip in the neck and lodge themselves into the wound.

I don't react when its nails drag along my cheek, a burning sensation rising, with a quick jerk of my wrist; the head soon flies through the air and stopping at the feet of its fellow brethren.

Defying silence caresses my ears, the body below me going slack and tipping forward, I hop from it before it hits the ground. Movement was non-exist for the moment, my eyes tingle with a fuzzy sensation, flickering about. Something takes over my mind as my tongue runs over each fang, my gaze never straying from the second creature that stood opposite of me.

"Next?"

A flurry of events happened all at once. The creature launched itself forward, a hiss passing between my teeth at the same time a figure came barreling down at high speed from above, knocking it to the ground. The thing didn't have time to do anything before it too was beheaded. Grey eyes collide with mine, a sense of familiarity slamming into me when I see it was just Abel— in all his frightening glory— my attention shifts to his hands, the tips of his fingers dripping with blood from the creature.

He looked rough: clothes ruffled and wrinkled, hair disheveled and eyes pulsing like shiny shards of glittering stars in the night, besides everything he looked okay.

"You all right?" he asks, walking towards me, body relaxed as if we weren't surrounded by an unknown species.

I nod, looking around over his shoulder making sure none of the others decide to step forward.

"What are these things," I question when he steps to my side.

"Notte di terrore."

I side-glance him, Abel's eyes dark and alert than his usually perky self, this side was dark, serious and brooding.

His eyes waver about, sweeping over all the bony, hollowed-eyed faces among us. "The true term is Night of Terror," he says, "but we call them night terrors. They're the devil's creation, unknown to all, but to some; we don't know where or when they arrived in this dimension."

"They stayed where they belonged and we never ventured to find out how they're here. . . a random attack." his brows crease downward.

"I think I know why."

The feel of Abel's gaze on me leaves a tingle on the surface of my skin at the awareness but I continue to look ahead, their milky eyes focused on me.

"Victoria—" his scoff is filled with distaste, "—she's the one controlling them. Not too long after you arrived here her and I had a sort of. . . 'talk' and she said they warned me they were coming."

"I'm not following," he comments.

I swallow thickly, "A few months ago, I'm sure you remember, I had a dream about one of these things and voices were speaking to me mainly saying they were 'coming'. . ." I dig my nails into my palms.

"That isn't the first time I had a dream like that," I continue. "I don't think this was a random attack, this has been building up from the time in Italy."

"They're here for something else."

•••
[ unedited ]

I'm sorry for the cliffhangers lately 🤷💜🙏🏽 can't help it and I really don't do it on purpose!

I really don't have much to this, just that I'm really busy and my online class is going well 👌 I didn't get to go trick or treating, mom still says I'm too old when it the activity has no age limit

Oh 🐋!

Hoped you all enjoyed this story and please leave feedback in the comments and on Inkitt (the link can be found in my bio) 😚 this book is truly coming to an end (about sixty chapters or less)

p.s- Abel's eyes are grey because I went back in the beginning and changed them to that

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 479 35
Winston Academy [Book 1 Of The Blood War Chronicles] [Description] The wind blow, snow fell heavily as the light of the moon showed the bloody scene...
124K 1.8K 9
I felt the bed dip as he sat down on the other side but I focused solely on my task until I was done. "This is a pillow barrier. Meaning, you don't b...
2K 300 44
"I'm so sorry! This is all my fault! I should have protected you! I'm so sorry Koby" I sobbed loudly. "It's okay. It's not your fault" Koby weakly sa...
28.8K 910 16
The sacrifice is happening. But what if Damon didn't force Elena to drink his blood, and John didn't know about the soul spell. Everyone's relying o...