traveling | shawn mendes

By badreputation13

a small town girl meets another small town girl and slowly starts falling for her brother, but the catch is... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

twenty seven

4.6K 66 15
By badreputation13

three weeks later-

"cassie, do you have everything?" my mom asked from the kitchen.

"shawn, get the luggage please!" karen screamed from the living room.

my parents, sisters, manny, and karen, came and surprised us around a week ago. they arrived a few days after shawn and i's friends left.

i got my phone and my charger, "yes, mom!"

shawn turned the light of the room off, "i'm coming!"

"then let's go, we can't miss the flight!" my mom yelled.

manny walked in from the front door, "the van is outside and ready to go,"

my dad was right behind him, "everybody ready?"

"yeah," aaliyah, shawn, and i responded with no emotion.

karen and my mom looked at each other, "looks like some people didn't get enough sleep,"

"we watched a movie last night," shawn said while walking out the door.

aaliyah rubbed her eyes, "and it was a scary one,"

i yawned while stepping in the car, "i couldn't fall asleep afterwards,"

"stop complaining," shawn said while rolling his eyes, "i proposed it and you agreed,"

i rolled my eyes, "i was forced to stay in the room!"

"stop bickering," my mom and karen scolded, "you two are acting like five year olds,"

i stuck my tongue out to shawn and he did the same to me.

we both laughed until i put my head on his chest, "your body is comfortable,"

he put his arm around me, "thanks,"

the car ride consisted of snores from aaliyah and my sisters, shawn and i using our phones, and our parents talking.

my mom was explaining why my dad, sisters, and her wouldn't be going to canada. my sisters would be starting school in two weeks, so they had to start preparing. that, and their work didn't give them more days off.

"well, i'm sorry we can't join you all in canada," my mom said while hugging karen and manny.

"it's a shame," karen and manny said with a sad smile.

"and you, i'm sorry we can't be there on your special day," my mom said to shawn before hugging him, "happy early birthday,"

"thank you and don't worry about it," shawn said while chuckling and hugging her, "cassie said we're just doing dinner,"

i looked at karen and aaliyah and winked at them.

hmmm.

"flight to los angeles international airport is now boarding," the voice on the loudspeaker said.

i hugged my parents and sisters, "i'll be home soon,"

a few days after shawn's birthday, i'll be going back home to start helping anthony plan jocelin's surprise birthday party.

i gave shawn a side hug while i waved at my family, "bye, i love you!"

"our flight starts boarding in thirty minutes," manny said after looking at his watch, "coffee?"

aaliyah and i's eyes lit up, "yes!"

shawn and karen laughed at us, "they love coffee too much,"

"you say that like it's a bad thing," aaliyah said while getting shawn's arms off of me and linking her arm with mine, "we can't help it!"

we found a starbucks and stood in line.

"while you guys are waiting here, i'll go get snacks," karen said, "any requests?"

"fruit please!" aaliyah and i said.

"alright," karen said while walking away.

shawn went behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist, "what are you getting?"

i thought for a bit, "an iced carmel macchiato with extra shots of espresso,"

aaliyah looked at me, "that sounds good,"

"right?" i said to aaliyah before looking back at shawn, "you?"

"probably green tea," he said.

i rolled my eyes, "like always,"

"stop hating on me and my tea," shawn said while walking up to the counter and ordering our drinks.

right as we walked away from the counter, karen came towards us with a bag, "i got a lot of stuff,"

"we can tell," manny said while taking the heavy bag from her hands.

"i'm going to the washroom," shawn said before walking away.

everyone nodded.

i got all of our drinks and passed them out while karen was doing the same with the snacks.

"thank you," i said while peeling a cutie from the bag.

she smiled and took a sip of her coffee.

when shawn came back, he got his tea from the cup holder and we all started walking to our gate.

"what are you eating?" he asked after he took a sip of his tea.

i gave him a piece of it, "a cutie,"

"you're eating yourself?" he asked while smirking and chewing the piece of orange.

it took me a while to get it, but once i did i laughed, "very cheesy, mend-,"

i was interrupted by the loudspeaker, "flight to toronto now boarding,"

arriving in canada-

once we landed, we decided we would go out separate ways for the rest of the day, and meet up tomorrow morning for breakfast.

everyone was exhausted from the plane ride and all we wanted to do was sleep.

karen, manny, and aaliyah went to their house, and shawn and i went to his place.

when shawn and i got to his place, we passed out on the couch.

a few hours later, i woke up to ed sheeran being played quietly.

shawn sat on the couch and put my legs on his lap, "finally, you're up,"

i sat up and rubbed my eyes, "what time is it?"

shawn pointed to the coffee table which had a glass of wine and pizza box on it, "time to eat,"

i reached over and grabbed the glass of wine and chugged it all.

"woah," shawn said, surprised by my action.

i then grabbed a slice of pizza, "this was very much needed,"

shawn got up from the couch, "i'm getting more wine,"

"sounds good!" i yelled while taking a bite of my pizza.

morning-

shawn woke me up by blasting bad reputation in my ear, "get your ass up!"

i grabbed a pillow and threw it at him, "shut up!"

shawn turned me around, "if you don't get up, we're going to be late for breakfast with aaliyah and my parents,"

i quickly got out of bed, "there's no way i'm going to be late to see my favorite mendes,"

"i feel the love," shawn said while i was walking away.

"great," i said from the bathroom.

i changed into a yellow long sleeved dress, nude heels, gold necklaces, sunglasses, a cartier bracelet and ring, and a michael kors watch. i put my hair in loose dutch braids and did simple makeup. [outfit below]

"i understand," i heard shawn say, "no, it's fine, it's just that i had plans,"

i got out of the room and saw shawn on the phone in the living room.

"alright, i'll talk to you later," he said while putting his hands through his hair, "bye,"

i grabbed my phone from the counter, "ready?"

"about that," he said while putting his phone down, "that was andrew, i have a video conference in twenty,"

"oh," i said, "i'll call your mom to let her know we can't go,"

"i'm not letting you not go," he said while he grabbed my phone before i could call karen, "you're still going,"

"are you sure?" i asked.

he nodded, "yes, of course,"

he grabbed his phone again, "i'll call you an uber to take you to the place,"

"okay," i responded, "but before that, you should call your mom,"

arriving at breakfast place-

i walked to the table where karen, aaliyah, and manny were, "hey!"

"hey, sweetie," karen said as i sat next to aaliyah.

"would you like to order, miss?" a waiter asked.

"yeah," i responded while quickly looking through the menu, "i'll have waffles with fruit please,"

"no problem," he said while taking my menu, "i'll bring that out once it's ready with everyone else's food,"

"thank you," i said to the waiter with a smile before turning to karen, "bummer shawn can't be joining us,"

karen laughed, "oh my!"

i looked at aaliyah and manny who also had the same look on their faces as me. confusion.

"i had andrew make up some excuse to have shawn not be here," she said before taking a sip of water, "when would we have been able to talk about his surprise party?"

"you're smart," manny said.

"extremely," aaliyah and i said.

"well, we can talk about that later," karen said while putting a notebook on the table, "we have other things to talk about,"

"where do we start?" i asked.

"how everything is going to go down?" aaliyah suggested.

"alright," karen said getting a pen out, "cassie is going to take him to dinner, then bring him to the house,"

manny put his coffee down, "what's going to be her excuse on why they're going to the house?"

karen wrote something down, "she's going to say we're going to sing happy birthday to him,"

"and when they walk in," aaliyah said, "bam, everyone pops out,"

i took a sip of water, "who rsvped?"

karen looked at a list, "all of his friends and most of our family,"

"food?" aaliyah asked.

"caterers," karen said while rolling her eyes, "i don't want to cook,"

aaliyah raised an eyebrow, "alcohol?"

"that's your father's job," she said while pointing her pen to manny.

"taken care of," he responded.

the waiter brought our food out and placed it in front of us. while we ate, we still talked about the party.

and let's just say, it's going to be unforgettable.

instagram:

~swipe for more~

tagged// aaliyahmendes
liked by camilacabello, jocelinponce, and 629,147 others
cassiegutierrez: our two moods, there's no in between :)
pc: karen mendes

15,290 comments
fanaccount1: isn't karen mendes shawn's mom?
jocelinponce: cute😍
fanaccount2: wow, shawn's family likes cassie better
aaliyahmendes: dis true, ily
cassiegutierrez: 💕 jocelinponce aaliyahmendes
fanaccount3: where's shawn's dad?
shawnmendes: hope you had fun at breakfast with my family without me🙄
fanaccount4: someone get me my tea🍵
fanaccount5: someone get me my popcorn🍿
cassiegutierrez: you still made me go🤷‍♀️ shawnmendes
shawnmendes: still
cassiegutierrez: you're just salty they like me better😁 shawnmendes
fanaccount6: it's almost shawn's birthday😜

~1682 words~
authors note// thanks for reading my twenty seventh chapter in traveling | shawn mendes. they're back in canada, woooo. next chapter will be shawn's birthday. like i said at the end, it's going to be unforgettable. anyways, expect updates twice a week for awhile.
xx, c

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

836K 13.7K 104
@shawnmendes started following you + "When you're ready" Shawn's third album was due to come out in less than a week and I knew that was a track, de...
259K 5.7K 69
Molly is bullied by 6 guys. They've bullied her for 3 years. She's never ever told anyone not even her sister Steph. One day Molly is asked to join...
137K 3.1K 55
[COMPLETED] 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 "you're driving me crazy shawn mendes." she says with a chuckle as he shrugs. he leans in...
41.7K 912 59
~ Completed ~ Serenity Falls has been traumatized her whole life. A horrible monster from her past, a best friend who abandoned her, she is left comp...