traveling | shawn mendes

By badreputation13

a small town girl meets another small town girl and slowly starts falling for her brother, but the catch is... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

twenty four

4.8K 75 32
By badreputation13

"i don't think she knows, she's sleeping, i'm going to wake her up right now," shawn said while i was 'asleep' on the bed, "we said our goodbyes to everyone when we got back from our walk on the beach,"

"no, mum, i didn't ask her," he said before sighing, "i know, i'm stupid,"

i guess he was on the phone with karen, "okay, we'll see you soon, i love you too, bye,"

moments later, i felt hands on my side shaking me, "wake up, shorty, we need to go,"

i rubbed my eyes, "qué? {what?}"

"huh?" he said with a confused face before he picked me up from the bed, "our flight, we can't be late,"

"okay, give me a few, i need to change," i said while yawning and walking to the bathroom with some clothes.

i changed into an oversized hoodie, black spandex, white vans, and a cartier bracelet and ring. i left my hair down and did light makeup. [outfit below]

"i'm ready," i said while grabbing my phone, "should we get breakfast?"

shawn walked up to me and almost lifted up my hoodie from the back, "are you wearing pants?"

"um, yeah," i said after slapping his hand away, "you almost touched my butt,"

shawn laughed while grabbing some luggage, "you're so childish, why don't you just say ass?"

"because, sperm," i said as i walked out the door with two suitcases, "you're the ass,"

"that's even more childish," he said while walking out the door after me, "and sperm?"

i turned around and waited for him, "your initials are one letter away from spelling sperm,"

"i swear," he said while chuckling, "i'm going to need so much strength to put up with you today,"

i smiled at him and didn't say anything while giving him a thumbs up.

he shook his head while smiling, "you're lucky you're also adorable,"

we took a van, curtesy of the hotel, to the airport. once we got into the car, i put my head on shawn's shoulder.

shawn put his arm around me while taking his phone out of his pocket, "you're tired, eh?"

i nodded while yawning for what felt like the hundredth time, "yeah,"

"sleep then," he said while fixing his posture to be more comfortable, "i'll wake you up when we get there,"

that was the last thing i heard before i knocked out. i mean, it was three in the morning, of course i was tired.

shawn woke me up before helping me out of the car. once we were both out, a baggage handler helped shawn unload the suitcases from the back of the van.

"thank you," both shawn and i said to the driver of the van who practically was our chauffeur of the whole trip.

he drove away after giving us a small wave.

"ready to return to canada?" shawn said while holding my hand.

i interlocked my fingers with his, "duh, i've missed it,"

arriving at the airport in canada-

after six hours, we finally made it. shawn ordered us an uber to his parents' house. he said his parents were running errands, so they couldn't pick us up, but they would be home by the time we got there. and aaliyah was at school for graduation practice.

as we were walking outside to wait for the uber, fans were in a line, waiting to meet shawn.

"shawn, oh my god!" a teenage girl screamed.

he looked at me before turning to the group of people, "i'm sorry, everyone, i won't be taking-"

i nudged his side before i whispered to him, "go meet them, i'll wait,"

"you sure?" he asked as he let go of my hand and handed me his phone.

"go," i said while taking a bag from his other hand.

a few people in line mouthed a 'thank you' to me as shawn walked to the front of the line. i responded with a smile and waited for shawn to finish.

right as he took a picture with the last person, his phone got a message that his uber was here.

"shawn, uber's here," i said.

"okay," he said to me before turning back to the group of people, "thank you everyone!"

he walked up to me and smiled before grabbing some of the bags from my hands, "let's go!"

even though i wasn't tired, i laid my head on shawn's shoulder again.

we both went on our phones during the car ride, occasionally showing each other memes we found on instagram or twitter.

when the uber driver came to a stop, i looked up and saw the house. the house where i had my first ever encounter with snow at, the house i watched harry potter at for the first time, the house i had my first snowball fight at.

shawn opened the door for me before he got our luggage out from the trunk with the help of the uber driver, "thanks, man,"

the driver nodded before getting back in the driver's seat, "no problem,"

shawn opened his backpack and got his keys out.

"your parents still let you keep the house key even though you don't live here anymore?" i asked.

"yeah, but they have a key to my place too," he said while opening the door.

shawn brought in the luggage and closed the door, "mum?"

"in the kitchen with your dad!" she yelled back.

shawn and i walked to the kitchen, "he-"

i stopped talking when i saw my parents also in the kitchen.

"mom, dad?" i said while in shock, "¿qué están haciendo aquí? {what are you guys doing here?}"

"we came for a small vacation," my dad said as he hugged me before he was interrupted by mom.

"and we missed you, my tesoro {treasure}," my mom said before hugging me.

"wait," i said letting go of my mom, "where are rihanna and sophia?"

"in the pool," karen said with a smile as she watched shawn hug my mom and shake my dad's hand, "they've been in there for a while,"

"¿has saludado tus suegros? {have you greeted your in-laws?}" my mom asked with a smirk as my dad choked on his water.

"they're not my suegros!" i said with wide eyes directed to my mom before turning to karen and manny.

"how rude of me, i didn't even say hello," i said while hugging them, "how've you two been?"

"great, even better now that you're here!" they both said with a smile.

"i feel the love," shawn said sarcastically, "stop stealing my parents, cassandra,"

"it's not my fault they like me better," i said while wrapping my arms around karen and manny.

shawn went towards my parents and put his arms around them, "whatever, i have your parents, so it doesn't matter,"

we all talked for a bit until we heard someone unlocking the front door.

the front door opened then shut, "i'm home!"

"kitchen!" the adults yelled.

aaliyah walked in the kitchen, "i'm hungry, i want fri-"

she ran up to me and gave me the biggest hug, "i didn't know you were here!"

"you knew i was coming though," i said while laughing and still hugging her, "but, surprise, i guess?"

aaliyah let go of me and grabbed my hand, "we need to start getting ready!"

"see you two in five years!" shawn yelled as aaliyah pulled me up the stairs.

aaliyah and i got ready together, just like we did for my graduation.

i changed into a striped dress, burgundy heels, my matching infinity bracelet with shawn from jamaica, a carrier bracelet and ring, the necklace my parents gave me, and black sunglasses. for hair, i left it down, and for makeup, i did something kind of dramatic. [outfit below]

when we both finished getting ready, aaliyah handed me her camera bag, "i'm trusting you with my baby,"

i put the camera bug on my shoulder while laughing, "i'll take care of your baby, don't worry,"

"¿cassandrita, ya están listas? {are you two ready?}" my mom asked from downstairs.

i laughed at the name she hadn't called me in a while, "we're going!"

"everyone is waiting!" rihanna and sophia screamed.

as i was walking down the stairs, i smelled the aroma of my mom's cooking, "ma, did you make chilaquiles?"

"yep," she said while nodding, "but i didn't do it alone,"

"you did everything!" karen said, "i helped a little bit,"

"and they made tacos!" shawn said while shoving one in his mouth from his plate.

"shawn peter raul mendes!" karen scolded while she slapped his hand, "you were supposed to wait until we came back!"

he shrugged while still eating the taco, "oops?"

"let's start heading out," manny said with my dad by his side, "we don't want to be late!"

shawn held up a taco, "want some?"

"yes, please," i said before taking a bite of the already half eaten taco.

"your lipstick!" aaliyah warned.

after the graduation ceremony-

"hell yeah, i did it!" aaliyah screamed as she walked towards us.

shawn and i laughed.

"my last baby just graduated!" karen said, crying while hugging her.

aaliyah hugged everyone and thanked them, until she came to shawn and i.

"now, you two!" she said while pointing to us, "who's idea was it to bring the airhorn?"

shawn and i busted out laughing, "it was a collaborative idea,"

"ugh!" she said hugging both of us, "i loved it!"

"i'm glad!" i said while laughing.

shawn chuckled, "me too!"

"now!" i said while clapping my hands, "pictures!"

instagram:

liked by jocelinponce, cassiegutierrez, and 546,592 others
aaliyahmendes: the tassel was worth the hassle🎓
pc: cassiegutierrez

14,916 comments
fanaccount1: congrats, sister-in-law🎉
cassiegutierrez: congratulations, liyah💕
fanaccount2: um, this photographer💩
jocelinponce: congrats🎊💘
aaliyahmendes: thank you, loves💓 cassiegutierrez jocelinponce
shawnmendes: where am i? cassiegutierrez
fanaccount3: i love how shawn's girlfriend took this picture
fanaccount4: they haven't confirmed anything, dumbass^
cassiegutierrez: clearly not in the picture🤔 shawnmendes
shawnmendes: smh🤦‍♂️ cassiegutierrez

tagged// aaliyahmendes and cassiegutierrez
liked by camilacabello, cassiegutierrez, and 5,730,784 others
shawnmendes: i'm very proud of you, liyah x
pc- mrs. gutierrez

15,321 comments
fanaccount1: cassie's mom was there?!?!
cassiegutierrez: my madre appreciates the picture credit😂
fanaccount2: new ship, who dis?
shawnmendes: 😂 cassiegutierrez
aaliyahmendes: love you brotha💕
shawnmendes: xx aaliyahmendes
fanaccount3: congrats, aaliyahhhh
fanaccount4: why are they laughing?

tagged// aaliyahmendes
liked by jocelinponce, aaliyahmendes, and 570,332 others
cassiegutierrez: congratulations, aaliyah mendes, you deserve everything & more, love you💗

14,309 comments
fanaccount1: this is cute
fanaccount2: i love this friendship sm😩
fanaccount3: i don't like this👎
aaliyahmendes: im crying, ily☹️💕
shawnmendes: once again, photo creds?
fanaccount4: hmmmm🤐
cassiegutierrez: nah shawnmendes
shawnmendes: watch yourself, hun cassiegutierrez
jocelinponce: excuse you, bitch, stop flirting with my best friend🙃 shawnmendes

right after we finished taking pictures, we headed back to the mendes'. we all talked and stuffed our mouths with chilaquiles and tacos until it got really late.

"we'll see you two tomorrow!" the adults said while walking shawn and i out.

the mendes' house only had four bedrooms. karen and manny's, aaliyah's, shawn's, and the guests'.

my sisters were staying in shawn's and my parents were staying in the guest room. so, i was going to stay at shawn's place.

"goodnight!" i screamed.

"¡pórtate bien {behave}, cassandra!" my mom yelled while making eyes at me.

every mexican i know, knows that when your mother tells you that, it means to not to do anything she won't like. it's not like i'm going to sneak off and have sex with a stranger. smh, mom.

"yeah, cassandra!" shawn said as he opened my door for me, "por-ta-tea ben!"

i put my face in my hands while laughing, "i can't with you!"

shawn turned up the radio as he glanced at me before putting his eyes back on the road again.

"shawn," i said holding his hand.

"yeah?" he asked.

he stoped at the stoplight and i put my other hand on his cheek and lean closer to his face, but then go towards his ear, "remind me later to teach you spanish,"

~2009 words~
authors note// thanks for reading my twenty fourth chapter in traveling | shawn mendes. this might have been one of my favorite chapters. i'm living for the next few ones too. can't wait to write them. anyways, expect updates twice a week for awhile.
xx, c

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 2.2K 50
Savannah dealt with a lot of traumatizing things in the past, her only way out was through Shawn's music. Her best friend, Vanessa, was there all the...
836K 13.7K 104
@shawnmendes started following you + "When you're ready" Shawn's third album was due to come out in less than a week and I knew that was a track, de...
114K 548 12
A Shawn Mendes Fanfiction
9.1K 471 38
Shawn Mendes fanfiction.