traveling | shawn mendes

By badreputation13

a small town girl meets another small town girl and slowly starts falling for her brother, but the catch is... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

thirteen

5.6K 95 30
By badreputation13

valentine's day-

i woke up to the sound of my alarm. once i turned off the alarm, i noticed a text from shawn.
"i'm facetiming you in a bit, so you better answer xx"

he probably received his gift.

but shawn and i. where do i start? well, first of all, i don't know exactly what's happening with 'us' or our 'relationship'.

i guess you can say we've been acting friendlier than usual, but i don't really think it's anything major. jocelin, aaliyah, and everyone else on the other hand, beg to differ. they think shawn and i are messing around and should just start dating already.

i don't know what i want though. i mean, i know i like him, but i don't really know in what way.

anyways before i started loosing track of time, i opened spotify on my laptop so i could start getting ready. i actually put effort in my look for the day.

i changed into a red off the shoulder top, ripped skinny jeans, gold necklace, gold rings, the watch shawn gave me, and black boots. for hair, i curled and braided it. and for makeup, i was going to go a little extra than normal. [outfit below]

just as i started my makeup, shawn called me.

when i answered the call, his face was really close to the screen, "happy valentine's day!"

"happy valentine's day, loser," i said as i was putting primer on my face, "how has your day been so far?"

"it's been okay," he said, "but now that i'm talking to you, and seeing your beautiful face that doesn't need makeup, it just got way better well,"

i rolled my eyes and smiled, "i'm glad,"

"well," he said while holding up a piece of paper, "i was just following directions,"

i definitely sent shawn, an interesting valentine's day present. no, it wasn't sexual, if that's what you were thinking, but it wasn't your typical chocolates and stuff like that.

i sent him stuff that was definitely my signature style of gift giving. and since this was unexpected for him, i wanted to see his reaction, so on top of the box, i wrote him a note that instructed him to facetime me.

"before i do anything, i just want to say good job picking out the edible arrangement because my family already started eating it," he said while laughing.

"well, i'm glad you guys liked it," i started saying, "that was more of a gift for your family than a gift for you,"

he rolled his eyes, "hahaha, very funny,"

"can you open the box now?" i said while starting my eyebrows.

"well first of all," he started saying while examining the outside of the box, "it's very light and i like the pink balloon,"

i had the company tape a plain, pink latex balloon on top of the wrapped box.

"glad you like the balloon," i said, "it was like the missing puzzle piece to this whole gift,"

"oh really?" he questioned.

"yes, now open the box already," i said, getting impatient.

"okay, okay, no need to rush," he said sarcastically.

what shawn didn't know, was that i put an avocado in a box and then put the box in a bigger box, until the box size was huge.

after a while of him being frustrated, he finally got to the last box.

"now i'm scared," he said while putting the box down for a second, "i have no idea what it could be,"

i was desperate to see his reaction. "just open the damn box already, mendes, it's not that hard," i said while laughing.

right as he opened the box, you see his face expression drop.

i got my phone from my bed, "hold on, don't say anything yet, i need to record this,"

i went on snapchat and started recording, "okay mendes, say what you were going to say,"

he took the avocado out of the box and held it up, "it's an avocado... thanks,"

i put my phone down, "was it everything you dreamed it would be?"

he chuckled, "it was even better than i imagined,"

we talked for a while after he opened his gift. mostly about our plans for the day. he said his day just consisted of work, and i told him i was hanging out at jocelin after school because my parents were going on a date and my sisters were going to their friends' house.

we sadly had to hang up because jocelin and anthony were outside waiting for me.

right as i went in the car, i was attacked by jocelin.

"happy valentine's day, bitch!" she screamed in my ear.

i screamed back, "happy valentine's day, bitch!"

"can y'all take it down a few notches?" anthony said from the drivers seat.

"no, bitch!" jocelin and i both screamed.

he just shook his head while laughing.

"here's your present, i hope you like it," jocelin said while handing me a heart shaped box.

"aw, thank you," i said while accepting the present. i handed her a chocolate box, "here's your gift,"

"where's my present?" anthony asked.

"you don't get one because i don't like you," i said with a straight face.

he nodded, "fair enough, fair enough,"

during the ride to school, i told jocelin about shawn's reaction to the gift i sent him. i had told her beforehand what i was sending him, and she loved the idea.

we also talked about our plans for and after school. and by the sound of how things were going to happen, it felt like it was going to be a good day.

after school-

school was actually fun today. anthony took jocelin and i to get a pizza before he dropped us off at my house because he said he had something to do right after school.

but once we got to my house, we went straight to my room and did our homework so we didn't have to worry about it for the rest of the night.

once we finished our homework, we went downstairs and turned on the tv so we could watch movies. while watching movies, we ate the snacks/food we got from our friends.

"i'm sorry, but i have to say this because it won't leave my mind," jocelin said out of nowhere, right as the second movie finished, "i can't believe his canadian ass didn't send you anything for valentine's day,"

i honestly didn't think about that. i give people gifts on valentine's day because i want to, and i don't expect anything in return.

but now that jocelin said this, i felt somewhat upset, "i don't care,"

jocelin took a sip of her tea, "yes you do, deep down you do,"

i didn't know what to say, "but-"

"but nothing, my dear," she said as she was standing up, "you know you're low key hurt by this,"

i stayed quiet.

"hey, i didn't mean to make up upset," she said holding me in a hug.

we stayed like that for a bit, until we heard a honk outside. it was anthony waiting for jocelin.

she turned my face so i would look at her in the eyes, "look, i can tell anthony i have to cancel on our date, and stay here with you,"

i got out of her arms and started pulling her out the door, "no, don't let me ruin one of your favorite holidays, go have fun,"

"i love you!" she said pulling me into a quick hug.

"i love you too," i said with a smile, "but don't have too much fun,"

"bye, cassie!" both her and anthony yelled as they were driving away.

i waved, "bye, losers!"

damn. i'm alone. on valentine's day. great.

good thing netflix was invented.

i started eating the leftover pizza we had while trying to hit play on the remote so high school musical could start.

but right as the movie started, the doorbell rang. what did jocelin forget now?

i opened the door, "what did you leave this tim-"

i looked up and saw it wasn't jocelin. it was a guy holding a big teddy bear, roses, and a box of chocolates.

"ms. cassandra gutierrez?" the guy in his early twenties asked.

i was really confused, "yes, that's me,"

"delivery from mr. shawn peter raul mendes," he said as he handed me the things, "happy valentine's day, miss,"

"um, thank you," i said as he walked away.

i closed my front door with my leg. did peter pan seriously get me this? oh my.

i didn't know what to do. so i just sat on the couch, looking at the gifts shawn got me.

i was in shock, to say the least.

after about five minutes of just staring at the gifts, i decided to call shawn.

when he answered, i saw in the corner of the screen tears going down my face. i was crying.

he smiled, "i'm assuming you got it?"

i nodded while wiping my tears away.

"happy valentine's day, beautiful,"

instagram:

liked by camilacabello, aaliyahmendes, and 179,920 others
cassiegutierrez: happy valentine's day from muffin and i❤️

19,261 comments
fanaccount1: who names their bear that?
fanaccount2: cassie does, idiot🙄 fanaccount1
fanaccount3: did shawn get her that?🙄
jocelinponce: woah😍
cassiegutierrez: woah yourself😍 jocelinponce
fanaccount4: she named the bear 'muffin' because shawn gave her the bear, and shawn loves muffins... conspiracy theory🤔
shawnmendes: where are the chocolates?
fanaccount5: cutie😊
cassiegutierrez: i was eating them during our facetime call, and they were delicious, thank you❤️ shawnmendes
fanaccount6: shawn got cassie all of this... fuck
shawnmendes: ❤️ cassiegutierrez

~1604 words~
authors note// thanks for reading my thirteenth chapter in traveling | shawn mendes. holy shit. the ship is sailing. ahhhhhh. i really liked writing this chapter, so i hope you enjoyed it. anyways, expect weekly updates.
xx, c

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.7K 912 59
~ Completed ~ Serenity Falls has been traumatized her whole life. A horrible monster from her past, a best friend who abandoned her, she is left comp...
13.9K 229 70
Morgan Johnson is the cousin of Jack Johnson. Teenagers who start out on vine and got big. They both attended a convention called Magcon. At Magcon...
836K 13.7K 104
@shawnmendes started following you + "When you're ready" Shawn's third album was due to come out in less than a week and I knew that was a track, de...
1.6M 21.2K 104
a shawn mendes fanfic. warning!! very cringe book, has horrible photoshop so read at ur own risk!!11!1! - not edited - lowercase intended - social m...