traveling | shawn mendes

By badreputation13

a small town girl meets another small town girl and slowly starts falling for her brother, but the catch is... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five

nine

6.6K 103 37
By badreputation13

i was surprised by the words that came out of his mouth, "what?"

"i had my manager book you a flight to new york on new year's eve," he said, practically screaming, "i know you were really bummed out you didn't get to go to new york because you got sick,"

i was shocked, "i don't know what to say. um, thank you,"

he chuckled, "think of it as a part two to your christmas present,"

"okay," i said while laughing.

we both didn't say anything for a moment. we were just enjoying each other's presence until we were interrupted.

my eight year old sister busted the door open, "¡cassie, apúrate! {hurry up!}"

"¡ya voy! {i'm going!}" i yelled back at her before giving shawn my attention again, "i'm sorry, shawn. i have to go,"

"it's fine, i should've called you tomorrow morning," he said, "i'll text you the details later,"

"yeah, okay. i'll talk to you later," i said with a big smile even though he couldn't see it.

"i'll make sure you do," he responded with most likely with a smile, "merry christmas, shorty,"

i smiled, "merry christmas, mendes,"

after the phone call, i went back with my family and opened presents and took pictures.

instagram:

115,652 likes
cassiegutierrez: feliz navidad🎄❤️

12,345 comments
fanaccount1: you're bilingual, i see you😏
aaliyahmendes: you're perfect, merry christmas💕
jocelinponce: yes, queen!!!
cassiegutierrez: awww, you're perfect💓 aaliyahmendes ilysm💘 jocelinponce
fanaccount2: you're ugly
shawnmendes: see you soon, shorty. merry christmas xx
fanaccount3: um, ilysm= i love you, shawn mendes🤔
cassiegutierrez: ❤️ shawnmendes
fanaccount4: only a red heart for shawn? hmmm
fanaccount5: 'see you soon'? they're reuniting? but when? ahhh, so many questions🤦‍♀️

new year's eve-

the past few days were great.

i was just hanging out with family and friends since i wouldn't see some of them for a while, and i also talked to aaliyah over facetime a lot. she couldn't come to new york because she already made plans with her friends for new year's.

my parents were surprisingly okay with me going to new york for new year's. they said i was almost eighteen, and they thought i should be able to have some freedom, only some. also, they were going out of town, so it didn't really affect them.

my flight was at six am, so that meant i had to wake up at two thirty am. getting ready would take thirty minutes, actually getting to lax would take an hour, and handing security and everything would take two hours. the flight would take six hours, but there was a three hour time difference, so i would get to new york around three pm.

trust me, i had this planned out. well actually, shawn had this all planned out. he sent me a schedule and i was just supposed to follow it exactly, no exceptions.

jocelin was kind enough to take me to the airport since my parents weren't here. i told her i could take an uber, but she insisted on taking me and i wasn't complaining at all. 

but before she got there, i had to get myself ready. right when i got up, i quickly changed into a grey hoodie, jean jacket, black leggings, and white converse. i put my hair in a messy side braid and did minimal makeup. [outfit below]

my outfit was simple since i had no one to impress at two thirty in the morning.

jocelin got to my house around three am.

"thanks for driving me," i said while getting into her car.

"yeah, yeah," she said with no expression.

i sighed, "i'm so tired,"

"oh here," she said while handing me a coffee, "i got you starbucks"

i grabbed the cup of coffee from her, "where did you get starbucks at two in the morning?"

she winked, "i have my ways,"

"not even going to try and guess," i said after sipping my coffee.

the car ride was alright, i set up my playlist so i could download it. they were mainly shawn's songs since i still hadn't listened to a lot of them.

when we arrived at lax, jocelin helped me get my luggage and carry on out of the trunk.

she gave me a big hug, "don't let that guy get you pregnant!"

during the car ride, i gave her a quick summary about shawn and what had happened with him. i didn't really think it was anything major, but jocelin thought it was something big.

i rolled my eyes, "nothing like that is going to happen,"

"i was kidding," she said while laughing, "go for it, you need some action anyways,"

i hit her arm, "i swear, jocelin,"

"what? you know it's true," she said while checking her phone, "you should go now, you don't want to be behind on the schedule your man made for you,"

"we're not done talking about this," i said while hugging her again and getting my luggage.

"whatever, frijolita," she yelled, "be safe, i love you,"

"love you too, anthony lover," i yelled back while heading inside the airport.

landing in new york-

the flight was interesting since i couldn't sleep at all. that coffee really did it for me. thanks, jocelin. the whole flight consisted of me listening to all of shawn's music. it was really good, amazing even, and i'm not just saying this because i know him.

shawn said he was sending someone to pick me up from the airport, so i texted him when i landed so he could tell whoever was picking me up i was there. 

when i got off the plane, i went straight to baggage claim. while i was getting my luggage, someone put their hands on my waist and scared me.

i jumped, "fuck!"

"surprise!" they yelled as they turned me around.

i jumped into their arms when i saw who it was, "shawn!"

"hey, shorty," he said while hugging me tightly, "i missed you,"

"i missed you too, mendes," i whispered in his ear.

after a while of hugging, we eventually let go. he got my luggage and started leading me outside of the airport. while we were walking towards the exit, he warned me there was paparazzi outside. this caused me to put on my sunglasses to block out the flashes from their cameras.

the last paparazzi encounter i had was when shawn and i went to the gym, but i didn't really remember it. all i remembered was the bright flashes that were blinding me, like no joke.

once we got to the outside of the airport, there were two groups of people near the car. one group was some of shawn's team and the other group was fans and paparazzi. shawn handed my luggage to someone and briefly introduced me to the people from his team that were there. i quickly shook their hands because the group of fans and paparazzi was getting bigger.

once everyone got inside the car, shawn told me we were all going out to lunch. the car ride to the restaurant took about ten minutes.

when we arrived at the restaurant, we were led to the back. once everyone ordered, we had to wait for a bit. while we were waiting, we had a conversation that got everyone to somewhat get to know me. a while after that, shawn and i broke into our own conversation.

we'd been at the restaurant for around two hours when someone announced it was time to go to soundcheck. everyone quickly rushed out of the restaurant, not wanting to be late for shawn's soundcheck.

while this was going on, shawn had his arm around me and was leading me where we had to go because i'm pretty sure i looked lost.

just like in the restaurant, everyone was having one big conversation with each other while shawn and i were in our own little world having our own.

"i'm glad you came," shawn said while putting his arm around me.

i put my head on his chest, "so am i,"

"can you two lovebirds wait to do that later tonight?" andrew, his manager, yelled jokingly.

"shut up, andrew!" shawn yelled back playfully.

"is this how it always is?" i questioned while looking up at shawn.

"yes!" the people in the back of the car answered, which made everyone start laughing, including shawn and i.

this was going to be fun, i could tell.

~1404 words~
authors note// thanks for reading my ninth chapter in traveling | shawn mendes. please make sure to vote and comment. sorry for not including the ball drop in this chapter, that's going to be in the next chapter. i didn't want it to seem rushed. but ahhh, shassie reunited. anyways, expect weekly updates.
xx, c

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 21.2K 104
a shawn mendes fanfic. warning!! very cringe book, has horrible photoshop so read at ur own risk!!11!1! - not edited - lowercase intended - social m...
54.1K 1.3K 39
No family. Nobody. Rebecca is forced to live on her own, but she gets support from her neighbours. The Grier's. When Nash's friends come over will Re...
38K 1.3K 30
[COMPLETED] 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧! "You happened. You became my safe place and I love it." In which a boy found a beautiful girl...
137K 3.1K 55
[COMPLETED] 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐰𝐧 𝐌𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐅𝐚𝐧𝐟𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 "you're driving me crazy shawn mendes." she says with a chuckle as he shrugs. he leans in...