The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

By ShilpiKhanna

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 106
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
A Featured book!

Bridge Chapter 3.B

1.5K 98 47
By ShilpiKhanna

Hey guys! Do continue to read this story in Dearly Beloved- the continuation of this book. This Bridge Chapter is about the re opening of Suvi's father's hotel- which happened a few months prior to the current track in Dearly Beloved.

Enjoy!

Suvarna's POV.

I looked around in the sprawling grounds of the hotel with a mixed feeling. I felt an immense sense of happiness and pride that I was able to reopen my father's hotel. From the overwhelming response the invites had received people around were insisting it was set to be a roaring success.

While it was way too early to predict and rejoice over the contemplated success, such words made me very happy.

Happiness was accompanied with acute sadness of not having the person whose dream it had been.

My father had been very passionate about this hotel and my mother had matched his enthusiasm in every step.

My vision clouded with unshed tears as I glanced up at the signboard.

NIMBOO MIRCHI

The memory of the reason behind this crazy name of the hotel made me smile through my tears. After working hard towards the fulfilment of his dream when my father had be on the verge of opening this hotel, at that time as a restaurant a string of bad lucks had come not just as a set back but even threatened the possibility of the restaurant ever opening.

A lot of people had suggested he scrape the plan while still others had come with suggestions about how to overcome hurdles of 'evil eye'.

My father was not one to believe in superstitions had laughed it off but had also come up with this crazy name.

I could still vividly remember his shared laughter with my mother when they had finalized this name and announced it to others.

"I miss you so much Ma and Papa." I said softly.

"You will always have their blessing." A voice behind me made me turn and I came face to face with Raghunath uncle.

"I know." I said softly as I smiled at him. His eyes were sad as he looked up at the name as it shone bright surrounded by a halo of soft yellow green and white lights.

"I had gone with Navin to place and order for that board." He continued softly.

"Oh? I did not know that." I responded in surprise.

He laughed softly. "He had been so enthusiastic about this place. True to his words with sheer hard work and immense talent he had managed to make this place a hotel with residential rooms from a small restaurant that he had first started." After a few minutes.

I nodded as I silently glanced at the wings of the guest rooms that were still locked and not functional yet. "Someday I hope I can re open those rooms to guests." I said quietly.

"I am sure you will Suvarna. I never doubted that fact. That is one reason that we ensured this place does not go out of your hands." Uncle looked at me, his eyes still sad.

"I can never thank you enough for what you did for me at the court uncle." I said feeling grateful and overwhelmed at the memory. "I know what Shishir means to you uncle, but you did not hesitate to stand up against your own son in order to help me get justice."

"You do not ever need to thank me child." his eyes softened before his lips twisted in a slanted smile "And Suman you do know what you mean to my son. Standing by you meant to him more than it could ever do to you."

I looked away not knowing how to respond. How does a girl respond to her prospective father in law who says the son he loves dearly, loves his prospective bride more than anything else in this world?

I knew this was a fact but having to think on that line in front of Raghunath uncle made me feel awkward.

"Suvarna maybe one day you will be able to forgive me for what I did all those years ago."

Raghunath uncle had turned away and his back was facing me now. Even without seeing his face I could feel how difficult it was to talk about this.

"Uncle there was no way you could have known the fate of the flight my parents took. Please stop blaming yourself for what happened to them." I mean every word I had said. It had not been his intention to harm them, it never could have been.

"I was not talking about your parents."

I frowned in confusion at his words. He half turned towards me so that the left side of his face was visible to me.

"I was talking about taking Shishir away from here and making up stories about the reason." He said his pain and shame evident in his voice. "I have no excuse Suvarna except that I had been scared to lose him like I had lost my best friend. My fear had made me selfish and irrational in thought."

He turned around to face me now "And to be honest Suvarna, I had underestimated the depth of your bond with each other. I had not given much thought about how you two would be pained. In had been pretty sure that with time you both would make new friends and move on as children normally do at that young age."

I looked down not having any idea how to respond to this. Maybe the correct response would have been 'it is okay uncle.' But I could not bring myself to say that. To me it had not been okay, it never would. I cold now understand the reason for him being paranoid, but there was no way that I could ever agree to what he had done to have been correct or justified.

I could let that be behind us now, since things were sorted now between me and Shravan and we were now in love and engaged to be married.

"About your letters," he looked at me straight in the eyes. "I had thought they must have been just childish interactions." He exhaled heavily "I had not been bothered nor did I have any idea you had written so consistently every year."

I felt a flare of anger at the memory of undelivered communication to my best friend that had made him so bitter towards me, other than the fact that I had been tricked into lying to him about leaving for London. I bit my lip to stop myself from uttering something that I may regret later.

"I can understand your emotions with regard to my actions Suvarna, but please believe me when I say I had not known they meant so much to the both of you. I have no idea what the contents are, but from the way Shishir has reacted I know how precious they are to him."

I nodded slowly. I know he really had not realised he would be hurting us. "If I could change anything I would Suvarna, but unfortunately we cannot change our past actions. But can we make a fresh start? Can you trust this uncle of yours once again?"

For a few moments I kept quiet before smiling and lifted my hand and stretched it forward "Sure uncle. I know your intentions had not been to harm or hurt me."

After the truth about how he had taken care of Papa's shut down hotel and had stood by me to get it back I had no doubt he had never stopped caring for me.

He smiled and lifted his hand and shook mine formally before opening his arms and I readily stepped up for a hug.

It felt good, like old times. A time when he had been among the closest people in my life.

He pulled back and looked behind me his smile turning to a chuckle. I turned around to see my Nanu sitting on a chair with his feet up in the air as Kitty bounced around happily.

Raghunath uncle shook his head at the scene and moved away in the opposite direction while I stepped towards where Nanu was.

"Animals are not allowed here Pappu." He said glaring at Pappu.

"Dadu Kitty is not an animal." The little imp protested.

"Pappu!" Nanu snapped as he lifted his legs higher.

I stepped closer in a hurry. " Pappu keep him away from Nanu. You know he is scared of-"

"Suvarna I not scared." Nanu said while looking close to toppling the chair over "But some guests might be.

Trying to hold back my smile I said "Right."

"There you are Sharma."

I closed my eyes for a moment when Shishir's Dadaji's voice reached my ears. Now hell had to break loose.

"What are you doing sitting on the chair like that Sharma? If you fall down people will laugh at you."

"Mehrotra go away."

"Aww. Look Sharma Kitty is here"

"Pappu why are you still here? Suvarna ask him to take Kitty away."

"Here Kitty have biscuit."

Within seconds Dadaji had taken the biscuit near Kitty's nose and chucked it towards Nanu.

The shouting and screaming may have attracted more attention had it not been due to the music playing.

God bless the DJ.

I somehow managed to catch Kitty by the collar and pull him back. Nanu was shouting at his friend how he would have security throw him out of the premise while Dadaji was roaring with laughter.

"Why did you bring him here Pappu?" I hissed at the imp.

"Paresh bhaiya said I could."

I looked around trying to locate the brat and found him near the ice cream counter.

"Pappu take Kitty to the other side and don't leave his leash. I will get someone to take care of him inside the hotel."

I walked towards Paresh leaving the grandfather's to squabble.

As I was walking I felt an arm go around my waist and pull me to a side.

"Shishir!" I squealed knowing instantly it was him.

"You are neglecting me." he complained and I could almost feel him pouting even without looking at him.

"Such a baby you are." I teased.

"Yeah. I am your baby."

I turned around and the next second my jaw dropped open. "Oh my God!"

Shishir smiled before realising I was looking beyond his shoulder and turned to look in the direction of my focus.

"What do you mean 'Oh my God?'" he scowled at me darkly.

"Who the hell is that Greek God?" I stared at the devastatingly handsome man who had just arrived.

"Suvi stop drooling!" Shishir hissed. "That is my friend Leonardo Norcross."

"You know him? Wow. Introduce me love."

"Suvi behave yourself you mannerless girl."

"Oh shut up Shishir."

"I most certainly will not shut up!"

"What are you so worried about? You don't trust me?" I asked with a straight face trying my best not to laugh at this adorable jealous fiancée of mine. "Besides can't you see that man has eyes only for the woman beside him?"

A beautiful girl stood beside the man who certainly did not look like she wanted to be here.

"What are you talking about Suvi? That is Leonardo Norcross a man with no heart."

"I will prove it to you. Wait. Paresh come here."

"I am busy."

"Stop stuffing your mouth with food for a few minutes and come here." I said and narrowed my hand as he put his hand inside his coat pocket.

"Pushy why are you stuffing your pocket with icecream?" then a snout came into view. "Pushy you silly goof! You have brought Bubblegum with you in your pocket! Are you mad?"

"No I did not!"

"Phweet." Said the tiny bundle in his pocket probably excited after hearing my voice.

"You idiot I can see his nose and can hear him."

"He wanted to come." The brat shrugged his shoulders.

"Come here I have something I need you to do. Just be careful Bubblegum does not jump out of your pocket."

Shishir's POV.

What were the crazy duo upto? I was still pissed at Suvi's reaction on seeing Leo, my friend from New York.

I waved at him to gain his attention as Itried to reach him through the people at the party. He did not see me but by now Suvi and Paresh were in front of me whispering as they walked ahead.

"You see that pretty girl with that gorgeous man?" Su.mo asked

Gorgeous man!.

"Yeah so?" the brat responded.

"I want you to flirt with her.."

"What??" the brat reacted as I echoed.

"What?! Suvi!"

"Shishir shush! This is acting. I will prove it to you your friend has feelings for that girl. He has been glaring at every man who is looking at her."

"I am n ot doing it Suvi!"

"Pushy three dark chocolate cakes- all for you."

"Okay. But I also need some mint cookies."

Are these two for real?

"And don't worry Shishir will save you before the man bashes you."

"There is a chance of me getting bashed?" the brat asked sounding stunned.

Good. Now he will back off.

"Obviously. He is Shishir's friend. Has to be the jealous type."

"Look here Shishir Mehrotra is nev-"

"Oh Shut up Shishir!"

"Then I will also need some chocolate coated Doughnuts as well." The brat interjected before I could retort.

He is negotiating?!

"Deal deal. Now go!"

"Paresh no! Are you two mad? Leo is one of my closest friend!"

"Bhaiya! You heard the deal she has offered! You got a better one?"

"You greedy pig, is food all you think of?"

"Stop demoralising bhaiya. Wish me luck."

Next instance Suvi turned around and hugged me tightly. For a moment I was caught off guard and hugged her back.

"Shishir don't get so happy. We have our families around somewhere in the ground." She grinned pulling away and I realised she had just done that to stall me as Paresh reached the woman.

Leonardo saw me presently and smiled at me. Just then the brat 'accidently' bumped into him "Oh sorry."

I sighed and decided to go along with these two mad people in my life. I am still convinced Leonardo has just brought her along as an escort. That man has a notorious reputation with women after all!

"Hey man! Good to see you here. I am so glad you could make it." I said smiling brightly putting my hand forward for a shake.

"Hello Shishir." He said half distracted as he looked in the direction of the brat who was smiling charmingly at the woman who was not looking happy at his efforts.

"Meet my fiancée Suvarna Sharma."

"Hello." Leonardo smiled at her politely and shook hands with her while stealing a look towards Paresh . His features darkened as the woman laughed at something Paresh had said and he looked furious.

My eyes widened and Suvi's elbow nudged me and I realised she had been right!

"Leo! Who is she?" I asked in surprise.

"Zavi! Come here will you?" he shouted not answering me.

"Zavi?" I probed.

"Saira Zaveri. A friend." He said lunging forward towards Paresh.

"A special friend?" Suvi asked softly and Leo stopped in his tracks. "Is it that obvious?" he asked Suvi looking stunned.

"Yes it is. And don't worry that is Shishir's cousin. I was just trying to prove it to my fiancé here that you care about her."

I looked at Leo worried but he smiled at Suvi sheepishly. "Oh."

That is all?? He is not offended? How do these two crazy pranksters manage to pull off such weird situations with such ease?

"Paresh ." Suvi called out and the brat moved towards us with the lady. As he stepped closer he spread out his hand like he was about to ask the woman to dance and I saw Leo tense up.

"Hey beautiful. Will you eat cake with me?"

Suvi.giggled and I chuckled softly. The brat even flirts with food in mind.

***

As the last of the guests started leaving I grabbed Suvi by her hand and pulled her aside.

"You are in trouble lady." I said putting my arms around her neck.

"Uh huh? Why so mister?"

"You were drooling over another man."

"But then Shishir Mehrotra is never jealous, remember?" she laughed pulling out of my arms.

"Minx." I laughed

"I saw you flirt at that pretty woman!"

I heard Prema's voice and turned to see she was glaring at Paresh .

"So? Did that bother you?" the brat counter questioned.

Prema went red in the face. "No! Of course not!"

"These two will never confess." Suvi laughed softly and I joined her pulling her back into my arms.

&&&

Updated on 15th January 2018

I hope this chapter has been a good read. The conversation Suvi and Raghunath had was no much needed. What do you all think?

This is about six months before of the current track in the continuation book Dearly Beloved.

Suvi and Paresh will always remain pranksters - haha!

You can read about Leonardo Norcross and Saira Zaveri in my book Marooned with the Billionaire. Shishir will be soon taking up a case for them and be a small part of that book with Suvi and Paresh!

Do vote and comment about this chapter guys!

Stay tuned for next update for A Different Stroke = Ek Duje ke Vaaste- tomorrow - i.e 16th January 2018.

Lovefrom me to you.:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.5K 1.3K 51
❣ You can read the Kindle version for FREE on Amazon Kindle Unlimited ❣ [FEATURED ON WATTPAD'S OFFICIAL NEW ADULT PROFILE @NA ON 13TH JANUARY, 2023] ...
146K 8K 71
" I would never be a second choice to anyone. If I need to compete with someone else for your love, I would gladly make it easier for you by taking m...
109K 5.8K 49
Warning⚠️: this book is not edited. Has many mistakes! So in this story Divya Drishti are twins with powers separated by Psachini.. after 20 yrs fate...
249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...