The Lawyer In The Kitchen.

ShilpiKhanna által

*Wattpad Featured Book* COMPLETED! (EDITING IN PROGRESS) Out of sight out of mind? Distance makes the heart g... Több

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19.
Chapter 20. Maha-Chapter.
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25.
Chapter 26.
Chapter. 27
Chapter 28.
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30. Maha Chapter
Chapter 31.
Chapter 32
Chapter 33.
Chapter 34. Maha Chapter
Chapter 35.
Chapter 36. Birthday Part 1
Chapter 37. Birthday Part 2.
Chapter 38. Birthday Part 3.
Chapter 39.
Chapter 40.
Chapter 41. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 42.
Chapter 43.
Chapter 44.
Chapter. 45.
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50. MEGA Chapter
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53.
Chapter 54.
Chapter 55
Chapter 56.
Chapter 57.
Chapter 58.
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 61. Maha Chapter
Chapter 62. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66.
Chapter 67
Chapter 68.
Chapter 69
Chapter 70 Maha Chapter
Chapter 71
Chapter 72.
Bonus Chapter- Thank you for 100K!
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75.
Chapter 76
Chapter 77.
Chapter 78.
Chapter 79.
Chapter 80 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 81 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 82.
Chapter 83
Chapter 84.
Chapter 85.
Chapter 86.
Chapter 87.
Chapter 88.
Chapter 89
Chapter 90. Maha Chapter
Bonus Chapter -Pyar dosti hai.
Chapter 91.
Chapter 92.
Chapter 93
Chapter 94.
Chapter 95. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 96.
Chapter 97.
Chapter 98.
Chapter 99.
Chapter 100- MEGA Chapter.
Chapter 101.
Chapter 102.
Chapter 103.
Chapter 104.
Chapter 105. Maha Chapter.
Chapter 107.
Chapter 108.
Chapter 109 Maha Chapter
Chapter 110 Maha Chapter.
Chapter 110 Part 2
Chapter 111. Maha Chapter
Bridge Chapter 1
Bridge Chapter 2.
Bridge Chapter 3. A
Bridge Chapter 3.B
A Featured book!

Chapter 106

1.6K 146 148
ShilpiKhanna által

Hey guys! Do check my profile for a sneak peek on book 2!

A longer Chapter!

Do continue voting guys, thank you so much for all the support this book has been getting.

I think many have not read the bonus chapters. Do read them guys they are a part of the story.

Also if you have missed reading previous chapters or not voted on them please do.

And I have been reading the comments on the chapter 'The lawyer in the kitchen!'! So many of you all want book 2! I am overwhelmed!

Will talk about that later!

Enjoy!

Suvarna's POV.

"We will go shopping in the afternoon Shishir, I promise you. Till then while we girls are shopping why don't you take Charles and Danny for sight seeing?"

"We will go shopping together now, then we will take them for sight seeing."

"Shishir what is the matter with you? In London I did go shopping without you numerous times!"

"That was not for our engagement."

I sighed helplessly. He is being so stubborn and unreasonable!

No denying his words are doing strange things to my heart but what can I do?

"This is Varsha bhabhi's plan Shishir ." I said with firmness.

"You are right."

I peered at his face. He is convinced? So easily?

He got up and started walking out of the room "Where are you going?"

"To make Varsha bhabhi say she wants me to come." He said with a smirk on his face. "Watch" he said dramatically pointing two fingers towards his eyes "-and learn." With a wink he added "A crash course."

He turned around and walked out of the room. "Shishir!" Oh God!

Crash course? What is he upto?

I ran after him and saw him outside Varsha bhabhi's room talking to her.

"- and I certainly don't want my lovely bhabhi to exert herself." I heard him say.

What exactly is he playing at?

"Oh Shishir that is sooooo sweet of you." Varsha bhabhi gushed "But who will do it?" She mused "Can you do it Shishir?"

Shishir's shot me a triumphant look before masking it with a blank look "Me? I have to take Danny and Charles for sight seeing-" giving a dramatic pause "- but my bhabhi comes first. I will send them with Dubeji and join them later."

"You are the best Shishir. Thank you for agreeing to come to the Mall."

Oh my God!

"Suvarna he is so considerate. He does not want me to carry heavy bags after shopping from the Mall to the car." Varsha bhabhi told me with a smile.

The conman! He shot me a smug look nbehind bhabhi's back and lifted his collars to emphasise his victory.

"Once we are done shopping we will call you Shishir. You can come to the Mall to collect the bags from the shops and take them to the car."

Priceless! That was the new shocked look on his face at Varsha bhabhi's words as she walked down the stairs.

A giggle escaped me "And that's a crash." Ignoring his glare I continued "Meet you at the Mall Porter boy!" I walked down the stairs with a pouting and pissed Shishir following me.

"Bhabhi I am going home." I called out to her on seeing her in the kitchen.

"You will not stay for breakfast Suvarna?"

"No bhabhi. I am still in my night clothes. I want to change first." I smiled.

"All right then. Be ready. I will pick you up later."

I nodded and walked out with a grumpy faced Shishir. Prema had an early morning class so Psresh had gone to drop her back earlier on.

Smiling brightly at Shishir I sat in the car.

"You are happy I will not accompany you?" he asked his eyes narrowed.

I turned to face him with a raised eyebrow.

He gave me a sheepish grin. "After shopping your time is mine, okay?"

I smiled shaking my head. He is adorable even when he is being unreasonable.

Then his expression suddenly changed and my smile broadened before I turned my face away from him knowing what was coming.

"Suvi-"

"I know I know."

"What?"

"We need to talk." I said trying my best not to laugh.

"How did you know I was going to say that?"

"I am a genius." This time I laughed and turned towards him. "Today evening we will visit Rajesh uncle- after that you will know the reason why I asked Ravi to withdraw the case."

By that time Raghunath uncle who had left for Faridabad yesterday evening should be back too.

"I want to know now." Shishir insisted

"I want to talk about our engagement party now." I said my eyes twinkling and he groaned as he started the car "You think you are being clever?"

I nodded while still grinning and suddenly his face split into a matching grin.

***

"Suvarna di good you are home. My classes got postponed. I was about to leave but did not want to lock the door."

"I am carrying my key-" I started to say but got interrupted as a car came just then. Paresh got down.

"I had called him back so that I did not have to lock the door." Paresh explained "Suvarna di I got Kitty home. We had to get him anyway once our family will return in two days." Prema said and I nodded.

"That is okay. In fact I am longing to meet him." Pappu had left his pet with some neighbours who were taking care of it while the family was away.

"Kitty?" Shishir asked.

"Yes. You know since Nanu is scared of dogs- you remember the Puppy that-"

"I am not scared of dogs!" Nanu's voice behind me made me turn.

"Nanu!" I ran and hugged him. "What a surprise. You are back?"

"I came to surprise my granddaughters." He smiled as Preeti also hugged him. "Others will be coming tomorrow with Anuj."

"Oh God kitty-" Prema said and I gasped in realisation "Dadu I did not know you are coming and you are scared of dogs-"

"I am not scared of dogs but if Pappu has got a kitten then I am happy!" he said looking relived.

"Nanu no! It is-" I tried to explain.

"Let me freshen up and then we will talk." He went in before I or Prema could stop him.

"Woof! Woof! Woof!"

"Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh-"

"What an uneducated kitten! Why is it barking instead of meowing?" Psresh  asked earning himself a slap on his head from Shishir.

"Uneducated Kitten!" I snapped "Silly boy Pappu named his Puppy 'Kitty'!"

We rushed in and almost fell back in surprise when I saw my grandfather standing on the dining table, Two toppled chairs near it told the story of how he must have rushed up there.

"Woof! Aarrrf aarrk. Ruff!"

The urgent exited sound took my attention to trouble maker and I felt my heart melt at the sight of the cutest chubby Labrador puppy as it pranced around our feet.

"Oh my god! You are so cute." I said my attention completely on him as I bent down to pet him. He sprang out of my reach and bounced around excitedly trying to smell all of us.

"Nanaji you will fall down. Please come down." Shishir's voice made me remember the situation.

Nanu!

"Dadu, please come down. He is just curious, he will not bite don't be scared." Prema tried coaxing Nanu.

"I am not scared. I am not scared." Nanu said his voice tight with worry his eyes on 'Kitty.' Who after having pranced around our ankles for some time had gone back towards the dining table and was jumping around barking excitedly.

"Nanu hold my hand and come down." I reached out my hand

.

"No."

"Nanaji I will carry you upstairs to your room." Shishir said and I nodded. "Good idea."

" Not me." Nanu said still staring at the barking bundle and pointed. "You carry that- OOOHHHH"

"Kitty!" Prema caught him as he jumped up successfully up a chair. "Dadu please calm down, he is thinking this is a game."

"Careful! The jam! The pickles! Don't knock them down- butter! Butter-"

"Psresh!"

"Suvi I am just worried your Nanu does not hurt himself you know."

"I am taking him to my room." Prema said gasping for breath. "Kitty you are heavy." Prema told the struggling dog and he licked her hand trying to reach out to lick more. "Stop it, or I will drop you."

"Don't drop him!" Nanu shouted.

"I will not Dadu. Don't be scared."

"I am not scared."

"Nanaji please come down now." Shishir reached out to help him down.

"Carefully." I said as I also reached out my hand.

"Woof. Woof. Woof."

"Ohhhhoooooo"

"Nanu!" I gasped as he almost toppled down at the sound.

"It is okay. It is just my phone. I had set a reminder." Paresh said glancing at his phone and I rolled my eyes at him.

"That is the tone you chose?" Nanu managed to say completely out of breath as he sat leaning on a chair.

"Um- Sorry. I just wanted it to be prominent and different." Paresh said.

"I think I will have to cancel or at least postpone the shopping plan for today." I said softly.

"Really? I mean how sad." Shishir said looking anything but sad making me hit his hand playfully.

Nanu slowly went upstairs to his room his eyes darting frequently towards Prema's room from where barking sound was coming.

"Suvarna I am very tired. I am going to lock my room and rest." Nanu said and I raised my eyebrow. He never locks his door!

"Nanu what about food?"

"Knock on my door I will open it. And please make sure that- that- you know - does not come up." He said looking at me with worried eyes.

Oh my poor Nanu!

"I will make sure." I said smiling.

"I am not scared you know." he said slowly "But it may get hurt trying to climb the stairs."

I nodded trying not to smile.

Shishir's POV.

I stood beside Ravi as Suvi went up to his father and spoke to him in gentle tone.

"Uncle you will be fine soon."

She talked to him for some time and he responded smiling feebly.

I hardly spoke not sure what to say. After sometime we stepped out.

"Papa you rest. I and Ravi will see Suvarna out." Raj told his father softly and the senior Mr. Gupta nodded.

I saw Paresh and my father standing outside in the corridor.

"Suvi asked me to come here with Sir." Paresh explained.

"Suvarnq Thank you." Ravi said and then "I am sorry I had not been aware that-" he trailed off looking at his brother who looked away, guilt on his face.

"Ravi I am surprised that even you cannot guess why I asked you to withdraw the case." Suvi said shaking her head.

"What is the real reason Suvarna? Clearly you did not want Mr. Raj Gupta to be punished." My father said sounding angry and glared at Raj who went red in the face.

"Uncle I am disappointed, you such an experienced lawyer, Shishir you such a capable lawyer and you too Paresh did not understand even though the reason is so evident."

My father frowned at her words.

"Suvi what are you talking about?" I asked by now really puzzled.

In response she walked up to Raj who looked at her and all of a sudden pulled her in a hug tears streaming down his eyes.

Shocked I just kept looking on.

"Uncle to copy or forge something what is the basic thing one has to do first?" Suvarna asked my father as she pulled away.

"Read the document-" my father started saying sounding impatient and then stopped short his face clearing as realisation dawned.

I thought back to what Raj had said in the court. 'I swear I did not know they were Suvarna's father's'.

Even to get someone else to forge them, he would have had to read it at least once! He could not have missed reading the name if had!

"Raj bhaiya did not forge those papers, or any documents ever." Suvi said softly. "He took the blame for someone else- someone close to the family or maybe a family member."

"What? Who? Bhaiya why did you?" Ravi asked shocked.

"All these years you have been saving that someone and taking the blame bhaiya. I don't know who that person is, but I know you are not guilty." Suvi said.

"You had been sent away out of India to rectify your ways bhaiya and you were never at fault!" Ravi said sounding devastated.

"I never wanted this truth to come out, but Suvarna guessed it." Raj said looking sad and at the same time slightly relieved.

"I will ask the nurse to be with Papa, we can go to the hospital's cafeteria and talk." Ravi said and stepped back inside the room.

"Uncle, my father's name, my name had already been cleared. That was the main thing. I did not want someone not guilty to be punished." Suvi continued talking to my father and looked and Raj smiling in understanding.

"You will make a great lawyer Suvarna." My father smiled at her and I felt my heart swell in pride and happiness. She had seen through what we, seasoned and experienced lawyers had missed out.

Sure we would have probably realised later, but by that time the case would have already taken a different turn.

***

"Our mother is a heart patient." Raj said as we sat in the cafeteria. "She has a hole in her heart since quite a few years."

Ravi nodded "Infact she is not aware of what is going on, We have told her father has gone out on a business tour since over two months."

"And like every sister she adores her younger brother." Raj bhaiya said softly and we all exchanged a look of understanding.

Ravi frowned for a moment then "Oh my God! You have been defending-"

"No one other than us here should ever know, please." Raj implored looking at us. "Besides my uncle has honestly reformed his ways. He had felt horrible when all the blame had come to me and I had let everyone believe it had been me."

"How could he let everyone in the family think you are the black sheep while he was the guilty one?" Ravi said angrily.

"He did not Ravi, I let everyone believe. I had been just seventeen so everyone believed I was a kid fallen into bad habits and that could be rectified with proper action and discipline. But the truth would have torn the family apart." He let out a bitter laugh "I had not been good in studies so it was easy for all to believe I am in the wrong."

My father nodded leaning forward "I remember your father mentioning once that since you are not interested in studying so he was getting you involved in the family business."

"Raj bhaiya didn't you want to become a chef?" Suvi said suddenly.

"You remember Suvarna?" Raj said smiling broadly.

"You used to cook so many new things." Ravi said looking at his brother.

"Bhaiya, join me in setting up my father's hotel. Help me." Suvi said and Raj looked startled.

"I would love to." He said looking happy. "Thank you Suvarna."

&&&
Updated on 28th September 2017.

Hope the chapter has been a good read. Suvi saw through what others missed out on!

And guys Suvi's grandfather is not scared of dogs! LOL!

Are you all ready for the engagement ceremony?

That will be posted on 7th October!

Till then next couple of chapters will be about preparations for the unique event.

Please comment and Vote.

Love, from me to you.:).

Pre cap Chapter 107.

Shishir's POV.

"Suvi have you been crying?"

"Shishir when did you come?"

"Answer me."

"N- no no." she said looking away as I stepped forward "Did my aunty or your aunty say something?" I knew they had been talking to her.

"I baked some cup cakes today, you want to have?"

I sighed knowing she will not tell me easily.

"No I came to take you to show the venue where I want to have our ceremony." I smiled knowing she will love the place.

"Where?"

"Come let's go and see it together."

Enjoy Guys!

Next update on Monday!

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

249K 8.6K 66
The story is a completed story. Interested folks can read, and if you like, please do vote and share this with others as well.. Thanks. It's a romant...
103K 4.4K 72
"Who are you?"she shouted at the man who stood like a rock. His face Holding zero expression "Speak up Mr. Aditya Devansh. Who the bloody hell are yo...
37.1K 2.2K 31
*Not just a Fan fiction* I saw Aaliya hug aunty and cry, and I felt like something burned my heart. It disturbed me to look at her that way. Why is i...
10.8K 596 44
People Say Life is a Circle and it sure is. But never take your life for Granted. Life teaches you a Life Long Lesson and it is you how you convert y...