My Heart Is Yours

By TonnieSeawolf

Two hearts that beat as one. Will they find their way to each other? Or will fate take them on a different pa... More

Author's Note
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 90-A: The Demo
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 94
Chapter 94-A: Demo 2
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97: MHIYxTJ Crossover
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 104: When The Thread Finally Broke
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Epilogue
Acknowledgements:
Finally Published!

Chapter 93

4.5K 438 29
By TonnieSeawolf

Over the next couple of weeks, the experiment was in full swing. The teams were making sure that their flights were on time and the service was impeccable. Martin's team was the model team, since the team was hand picked by Martin himself. His team was the gauge for the other two, and pressure was high for them to achieve a certain goal.

Following the incident, Marc stayed clear from Maine which Adele found quite hilarious. Who knew that the sweet, timid girl that was part of her team once could pack a decent kick to someone as deserving as her Captain Marc. With his ego so deflated, Marc was more accommodating and pleasant to work with. She silently thanked Maine for it when they saw each other on their first stop.

Richard and Maine have not changed their work ethics, much to Martin's dismay and joy as he now also have to keep an eye on Sam and Patty so they wouldn't follow into Jerald and Valeen's footsteps of sneaking around the plane while airborne. Richard still checks up on Maine during meal times, but as always he just stayed behind the curtains, content to just look at her while she worked. She would always know that he was there though, even when he never shows himself.

Martin was able to fix their room arrangements so that Maine and Richard would always share a room. Richard had mixed emotions about the new set-up, since Maine had already started taking the pills and was so irresistible in bed that it was taking all of his willpower not to go all the way yet. The buddy system was also rearranged as the two were usually inseparable anyway when they were in the city. Richard just made sure that Martin knew their whereabouts whenever they weren't with the group.

The team was currently in Milan. The couple have just finished settling in their hotel room and was about to head out. Richard had his phone in one hand since he was sending a message to Gian Carlo as he always does whenever he arrived in the city, and Maine's hand on the other. They were waiting by the elevator with Tom and Martin when Marc stepped out of his room on the same floor.

"What do you do with the plane, Jase, that you always seemed to be on time all the time?" He exclaimed as he greeted the new comers.

Richard just gave a chuckle and replied casually, "just lucky, I guess. We had fair weather all the way here."

He felt Maine clutched his hand a little too tightly. Maine had not forgotten the incident at their HQ and apparently so did Marc as he unconsciously pulled down the jacket he was wearing to hide his groin area.

Richard just tried to hide his amusement. After much thought, he let the incident slide. Maine did hit him hard that he almost didn't make it on his first day of the experiment. Marc had indeed learned his lesson that day as he never bothered Maine again.

"So," Marc said. "Where are you guys off to?"

"I don't know about these two love birds but the rest of us are going food tripping," Martin said as he noticed Richard was checking his phone for a message he just received. He noticed that his face brightened at whatever he read and whispered something to Maine that made her giggle.

When Martin cleared his throat, that was the only time the couple looked at them. Martin raised an eyebrow in question, waiting for Richard to answer Marc's inquiry.

"Oh," Richard said. "I'm taking Maine to that bookstore I mentioned to her before. I wasn't able to bring her last time as we ended up in Rome instead."

"Just the bookstore?"

"I could get lost in a bookstore for hours, Martin," Maine explained. "RJ knows that we would be spending most of the morning there before he goes off to practice at Gian Carlos."

"So you're playing tonight?"

"I just got confirmation from Gian Carlo," Richard replied, raising his phone for the others to see the message window open.

"I can't wait to see you play, Jase," Marc said with a smile as the elevator finally stopped to let them all in.

Once inside, Richard said, "I honestly hope you'll like the performance, Marc. I have a surprise later."

-oo-

That evening, both Marc's and Richard's team were gathered at 'Gian Carlos' to watch MJN's ace pilot, Captain Jason Faulkerson, play the guitar and sing for a crowd. Marc's team was really amazed at the turn out as the small pub was filled when they heard that Richard would be playing that night. The group arrived earlier than the previous time, so they got better tables to view the performance. The evening started with a woman who sang beautifully in her native Italian, accompanied by her companion on the keyboards. She was singing very well, but everyone felt that the crowd was there for someone else and was just waiting for him to perform.

They found Maine and Richard sitting by the bar, with the proprietor, listening to the performance. Richard was leaning forward, his lips on Maine's ear as he translated the lyrics for her.

When it was Richard's turn on the stage, he quickly placed a quick kiss on Maine's lips and he whispered something in her ear.

"Are you sure?" Maine asked, her voice a bit apprehensive.

"Yes," he replied. "Very sure. Don't worry. I'm right here."

He caught her hand and gave it a tight squeeze before bringing it to his lips to plant a kiss on the back of her palm. He reluctantly let go as he head to the stage with his borrowed guitar. He greeted the crowd as he introduced his first song to them which was the crowd favorite "Central Park". Three more songs were played after that, as he gave a small introduction on each song, telling the audience a brief history on how the song came about. All his songs for the night were for his "la fidanzata" as he smiled fondly and looked at the general direction of where Maine was everytime he mentioned his girl.

"For my last song of the evening," he started as he heard groans from the patrons of the pub. "I actually have a special treat for everyone. Obviously, you guys have noticed that I have been staring at that gorgeous specimen of a lady by the bar."

There were hoots and whistles that came from the audience at his statement and they weren't just coming from his co-workers. He continued, "I would like everyone to meet the inspiration to my songs. My Muse. My Heart. My Maine. My la fidanzata. Who agreed, quite reluctantly I might add, to sing with me. Maine, would you please join me on stage?"

There was a round of applause from the audience as Richard stepped down from the stage to fetch Maine from the bar. As they slowly made their way back, Maine whispered, "I don't think I can do this."

"Yes you can," he replied softly. "We've been practicing this song for weeks. And you did so great a while ago. You got this."

When they were back on stage, the crowd once again gave a round of applause with cheers coming from their team. Richard saw Maine paled when she saw the crowd, as she sat on the stool beside his that the pub's staff set up. He reached out and held her hand to give it an encouraging squeeze.

"Forget the crowd," he whispered as he looked deeply into her eyes. "Eyes on me. Only me. You got this. Sing it the way we practiced a while ago."

His comforting words gave Maine all the courage she needed. Richard believed in her. That's all that matters. She smiled timidly as she nodded her affirmative. Richard started strumming and began to sing.

🎶Look around
There's no one but you and me
Right here and now
The way it was meant to be
There's a smile on my face
Knowing that together everything that's in our way
We're better than alright

Walking between the raindrops
Riding the aftershock beside you
Off into the sunset
Living like there's nothing left to lose
Chasing after gold mines
Crossing the fine lines we knew
Hold on and take a breath
I'll be here every step
Walking between the raindrops with you

Take me now
The world's such a crazy place
When the walls come down
You'll know I'm here to stay
There's nothing I would change
Knowing that together everything that's in our way
We're better than alright

Walking between the raindrops
Riding the aftershock beside you
Off into the sunset
Living like there's nothing left to lose
Chasing after gold mines
Crossing the fine lines we knew
Hold on and take a breath
I'll be here every step
Walking between the raindrops with you

There's a smile on my face
Knowing that together everything that's in our way
We're better than alright

Walking between the raindrops
Riding the aftershock beside you
Off into the sunset
Living like there's nothing left to lose
Chasing after gold mines
Crossing the fine lines we knew
Hold on and take a breath
I'll be here every step
Walking between the raindrops with you
Between the raindrops with you

Between the raindrops with you🎶

All throughout the song they kept their eyes on each other. It gave Maine the courage to sing her lines as her initial nervousness slowly disappeared and was replaced by the sheer joy of singing with her RJ. When Richard first let her hear the song, he said that he really wanted to sing it as a duet with her. He actually told her about his plan on singing it with her at the pub. Maine was very reluctant but found herself practicing the song with Richard whenever they spend time together. She was still having second thoughts of singing when they headed to the pub after their day in the bookstore. They had lunch at Gian Carlos already, with Richard formally introducing her to the owner. The big man was very happy at the thought of her singing when Richard mentioned it, that she agreed. And she was now happy that she did because the look of pride on Richard's face was all the reward she needed for singing. He looked elated as he could also share this part of his life with her.

Her heart did its usual happy beat, knowing that she could also give Richard the kind of happiness she feels whenever she's with him.

When they ended the song to a standing ovation, Richard stood and offered his hand to Maine to help her stand. Maine was still on a high of her achievement that she was emboldened by the cheer of the crowd. She took a step towards Richard and brought her arms around his neck and pulled him to her in a kiss filled with so much emotion that the loud cheers from the crowd died around them and it was only the two of them on that stage, sharing a very happy successful evening.

-oo-

Author's Note:
Song for for today is "Between The Raindrops" by Lifehouse feat. Natasha Bedingfield frim the album "Almeria" released in 2012.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

428 29 17
Weeks have passed since the disappearance of her little sister, and no one has a clue what happened to her. Determined not to give up, Pea decides to...
203K 11.9K 33
Fate sure knows how to play tricks. RJ is one of the people who go about their days without actually living. For him, he had no other reason to live...
213K 8.2K 52
It started as just a simple date... Only for seven months... To please someone they both love... They never meant to fall... But falling with each ot...
434K 22.4K 33
Richard was a self confessed playboy while Maine was your regular girl. In spite of their differences they have managed to become good friends. Their...